+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 46 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: GW2: Update Notes Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The "lead ups" are rubbish and fluffy (except this time apparently), but they almost always end with a decent bang. Everyone said that about F&F before it ended, but I think everyone agrees that Molten Facility is easily the best thing added to the game so far in the living stories.

I too would much prefer a more substantial arc, but I can almost sense the unification coming between the Aetherblade and what the Dredge/Flame Legion were murmuring about in their prison cells at the end of F&F. Maybe.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

ArenaNet has announced the next Guild Wars 2 content update. Called "Sky Pirates of Tyria", the new content will bring more additions to the Living Story, a new dungeon, new quests, and the news that custom arenas and spectator mode will be entering the live game. Sky Pirates of Tyria is expected to go live on June 25th.
    Details of the update include:

• New Story Dungeon: Aetherblade Retreat – Find the hidden entrance to the Aetherblade base and take the fight to the pirates. It’ll take skill, courage, and no small measure of agility to battle through to the Aetherblade Captain and First Mate.
    • Sea of Sorrows Scavenger Hunt – In this new, permanent content, players search for clues to the locations of 12 plaques that have been set up to honor the history of the city and its founder, in the novel Sea of Sorrows by our very own Ree Soesbee, narrative designer, ArenaNet, hitting store shelves and Amazon on Tuesday, June 25.
    • New Rewards – A variety of new rewards are available, including Aetherblade caches, a First Mate Horrik miniature companion, a stylish monocle and more.
    • Skill and Trait Balance Update – The largest balance patch ever is being introduced in this build, which includes significant updates to traits and skills to introduce more viable build diversity. Every profession trait line is seeing changes. Updates also have been made to some less popular skills to improve their effectiveness.
    • Custom Arenas and Spectator Mode leaves Beta – Custom PvP arenas allow players to host private matches, and customize their map settings. This feature is leaving beta, which means that Custom Arena Starter Kits will be available for anyone to purchase in the Gem Store. Spectator Mode also is officially out of beta. Together, these two features allow for practice, competitive play and tournaments.
    • Mortar Mastery Joins the Growing List of World vs. World Abilities – Players can increase their mortar effectiveness by training in Mortar Mastery. Improvements in this line include increasing mortar blast radius, beefing up on damage, reducing skill recharge, and even adding a new skill, Mortar Barrage.

Hype! Hopefully the balance changes are less disappointing than usual.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Licking my chops for those skill and trait balances.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Hopefully this is where the Steampunk armor comes from. I really want that stuff for my Engineer.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

My necro is drooling in excitement, but also just waiting to be let down.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/u...trait-changes/

Most excited about weakness change + torment probs.

BG Level

When I read about Torment I think I was more interested in the pic. The cloth on the Protector's Armor was 2 different colors. I'd love ANet if that does happen.

http://pastebin.com/2rrFg9pS

Leaked notes, tons of good changes, meaning it's fake. Earth tree still completely useless(traits are better, just the fact ele does not have a viable condition spec). Love the THF nerfs to s/d, love all the stuff, so many goodies in there. 100% sure it's fake cause it's actually good changes LOL

New grandmaster trait – Fresh Air: Critical strikes will now recharge Air Attunement. This effect can only occur once every 5 seconds.
    This is a really good trait, i see what they're trying to do, make it so you don't need 30 arcana to play ele, they need something like this for fire and earth! OMG THAT MAKES ME SO EXCITED.

Persisting Flame: Updated this trait to also allow Blast finishers you do to give Fury(10s) as well as might.

OMG, this is so incredible too, didn't even notice it. Fire is viable now..

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=...6;214;9;9FSF6c Trying this :D

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

"MOOORRRTARRR COOOOMMBAAAAAT~!!!"

Looking forward to the changes.

These changes look awesome

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Necro changes make me rock hard if true.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Holy fuck, all of those Staff buffs.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I like going into things blind so I didn't actually watch the dungeon preview stream, but based on what friends are saying it looks pretty great ala Molten Facility. If all future group dungeons are on that level if be one happy camper.

If only they'd actually leave content in the game so I had more to do than WvW on a daily basis. Whoop.

BG Level

Hopefully they'll reintroduce older content soon. I'm still hoping the 2nd world of SAB comes out soon sometime this summer.

That and I hope the new gear isn't RNG shit again.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So none of you play mesmer, I guess. Grats on all your buffs.

*stops playing Guild Wars 2*

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Are you retarded? We got a ton of good changes and buffs. They nerfed a single thing that NEEDED to be nerfed and gave us a ton of cool new tools as compensation. Mesmer is probably the strongest overall class in PvE and sPvP as is, it didn't even need more options.

Mesmer needs nothing but nerfs, the class is god mode in SPVP. A good mesmer has no counter, it can destroy every class 1v1, is the best DPS, and provides insane support with a res(why the fuck does mesmer get an AOE res?), moa(basically castable doom) and portaling. Most mobility, most damage, godly support. Best class.

Shatter being on a 10 sec CD is hilarious, you might be able to block/invul the first 3-5 shatters, but after that you eventually run out of cds and die, and lol @ mesmers having better boon removal than necro. The fuck were they thinking? I am VERY surprised 3 mesmer guardian + X teams do not exist in tournaments yet. It's by far the best class comp, infinite 10k+ shatters in AOE every 10 secs, everyones boons passively removed, portaling ALL over the map, AOE ressing everyone, and moaing up to 3 people at once, turning fights into 2vs5 or 3vs0.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't know what the fuck you are smoking, but the only reason Mesmers even have a spot on tournament teams is to portal and assist home point will still being able to roam with the team fights and support. Not that it isn't a valuable role, but you're grossly overreacting. They're not killing any bunker 1v1 and lose to Rangers (aka every good teams home point defender) in embarrassing fashion.

Quite frankly I don't even know why you would say what you did, considering you play one exclusively and are rocking an amazing 56% win percentage in tPvP.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I think she's played a grand total of 1 game as mesmer. Cool facts.