+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast

Thread: GW2: Update Notes Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The graphic engine does indeed need work, Why would my 780 use less power in a crowded area? Its pretty annoying. Having to turn down settings to run shit when the engine isnt utilizing your graphics card correctly in the first place. I watch my card go from 90% utilization down to 50% in a crowded area, which makes no sense, unless I am doing it wrong, correct?

Fighting Scarlet today I watched my GTX780 give shit framerate, having to turn it down, with a 50% utilization in the crowd =/

I can honestly say yes all the time, from my observations over the years to the above statement. It is what it is.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kuya View Post
    Are you a douche all the time or just in this subforum?
    All the time pretty much, but I didn't realize saying "you're doing it wrong" was particularly invoking that. Considering that... yeah, you're doing it wrong and I told you how to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Why would my 780 use less power in a crowded area? Its pretty annoying. Having to turn down settings to run shit when the engine isnt utilizing your graphics card correctly in the first place. I watch my card go from 90% utilization down to 50% in a crowded area, which makes no sense, unless I am doing it wrong, correct?

Fighting Scarlet today I watched my GTX780 give shit framerate, having to turn it down, with a 50% utilization in the crowd =/
    Because you have nVidia GPU boost enabled. It downclocks the card when it determines that extra clock speed would not increase FPS, aka in a CPU-bottlenecked scenario. Disabling GPU boost with a bios flash would fix that.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I can't wait to see how many hours/days I lose to hard mode SAB.

BG Level

Same. Guild Wars 2 always has a way of getting me hyped after I get bored of the game.

Can't wait to see what the new ascended weapons look like.

BG Level

Information regarding changes to Magic Find and more details on crafting Exotic weapons:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/e...ium-is-coming/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SAB 2.0 is brutal man, and Storm Wizard is a major PITA. Loved it. Don't forget about the hidden nuggets in World 3 - 1 after you beat it all:

Spoiler: show
    And dont forget to talk to Moto after following the Genie's orders!

BG Level

I got slaughtered in the first level of World 2 after the rapids. I need to farm some baubles for a ranged weapon.

BG Level

Well it only took them a year to add a LFG system...

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...ember-17-2013/

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

It better not suck

BG Level

If it's as simple as GW2LFG's, that's all I need.

Still wish they'd release raids already. I have no motivation to play anymore.

BG Level

Hate raiding. Hope they don't add anything to raiding that you ca't get anywhere else or we fall into the same bs of other mmos.

BG Level

Well they said they never want to make the game fall into the "New equipment every 3ish months that makes previous stuff obsolete" trap. They said they have no intentions of making anything stronger than ascended.

I'm just wishing for something permanent. SAB was fun until that 2nd level in world 2 made me ragequit because of the knockback mechanics.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I could live with the knockback mechanics; the instant-death arrow traps that eat your continue coins? Not so much.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm fine with the arrow traps because you can see them. Tribulation mode on the other hand... I've only had the stomach to do W1Z1, maybe I'll finish all of W1 by the time the event ends. But there's no way I'll bother with W2 since it's so long as-is.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    I could live with the knockback mechanics; the instant-death arrow traps that eat your continue coins? Not so much.
    Those were a bit annoying. But for me it was the piranha pools and the knockback that got me. Ran by got scraped by one of the jumping one just to fall over then slide into a pool to my death.

BG Level

They really toughened up the fight from the sounds of it. Only server I know of to kill Tequatl so far is Blackgate.

Bunch of rotmouths around where he spawns that drop you in one hit as well. Sadly didn't see him spawn last night so I didn't get a chance to fight.

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

I fought it yesterday afternoon on ehmry bay, and it was a slaughter. One of the main issues is people don't want to run back when they die, so they sit there waiting to get up. I only fought it once, but i'd say we MAYBE got it to 85%.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Franzer View Post
    I fought it yesterday afternoon on ehmry bay, and it was a slaughter. One of the main issues is people don't want to run back when they die, so they sit there waiting to get up. I only fought it once, but i'd say we MAYBE got it to 85%.
    The main issue is people dying. If you're DPSing Teq, you're in almost no danger as long as you're not afk. Killing the adds I could see people dying, especially those champion grubs.

BG Level

Wping seems like exactly what you shouldn't do considering the time it takes to walk back. A better solution would be for the zerg to stack so rezing is faster. Stacking the zerg in one spot also helps the turrets dispel poison and drop the buffs.