CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Are you sure it's not still a blast finisher...? It says they fixed it doing a blast when the mark is created, it probably still blasts on detonation.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

The way the bug worked was it would finish any combo field with a blast. So basically anytime you dodged you had a combo blast assuming there was a combo field around. Mark of blood itself isn't a combo field or combo blast.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

yes, finally some ranger updates. good start with the spirits buff and finally a fix for call of the wild. still a long way to go like pets are totally useless in WvW, appart from f2 buffing.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Oh I never paid attention to that trait, thought it did Staff 4 rather than Staff 2. Kinda sucky it got changed but no skin off my back at least, 2 better traits in that tree for me and I'd never even put more than 10 points in there let alone 30.

BG Level

I use Transfusion and Ritual Mastery in there.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I use Transfusion and Ritual Mastery in there.
    Yeah, exactly the 2 I would use myself, but I can't justify putting points in Vitality/Healing Power, especially since the minor traits are worthless too.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

=/ Even though the update said that Mistform for Ele got fixed, it hasn't. Still 75 seconds with Cantrip Mastery according to actual CD... geez ANet, at least "test" your updates before you post them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    =/ Even though the update said that Mistform for Ele got fixed, it hasn't. Still 75 seconds with Cantrip Mastery according to actual CD... geez ANet, at least "test" your updates before you post them.
    Leeching poisons also does not "scale with a thfs power" either. They literally don't have a QA team.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

December 3, 2012

General
    Spoiler: show

-Fixed a bug that would cause a crash when repairing armor while transformed.
    -Area of effect heals and boons now prioritize players over minions and NPCs.
    -Guild leaders are able to demote other players of the same rank.
    -Weapon skills will now properly display their PvP and PvE split variants in the Weapon Skills tab of the Hero Panel instead of displaying both.

Events

-Fixed a bug that caused NPCs not to resurrect other NPCs in various Orr events.
    -Fixed a bug that caused Warmaster Jofast and her caravan to not advance properly through Cursed Shore.
    -Fixed a rare bug that could prevent the event “Protect the trained skelk gathering kindling for Raintimber Mill” in Diessa Plateau from progressing.
    -Fixed a bug that could potentially prevent progress with the event “Protect Orl’s research krewe” in Metrica Province.
    -Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Stop the Inquest operatives from kidnapping adventurers” in Sparkfly Fen.
    -Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Raid the Separatist camp with the Warhound Village veterans” in Iron Marches.
    -Fixed a bug that could prevent displaced spirits from rejoining their bodies in Iron Marches.
    -Fixed a bug that could prevent progress with the event “Protect the armory from the Flame Legion” in Plains of Ashford.
    -Fixed a bug that would prevent “Ireta the Smasher” from team switching correctly during the event “Prevent the brawl between the three legions.”
    -Fixed a bug that prevented Suwash from confronting Captain Jetsam in Lornar’s Pass in the event “Defeat Captain Jetsam.”
    -Fixed a bug that preventing events from running properly near Eldvin Monastery in Queensdale.
    -Fixed a bug causing skritt thieves to stop stealing harpy eggs in Harathi Hinterlands.
    -Fixed a bug that caused Crusader Soma to give up searching for the lost caravan in Timberline Falls.

Dungeons

Crucible of Eternity
    -Front door path: Fixed a bug that affected the aggro range of the Destroyer Specimen Boss.
    -Submarine path: Fixed a bug with Bjarl’s armor not going off when he charges and hits a tower.
    -Ascalonian Catacombs
    *Detha’s Path: Fixed a problem with Detha’s script where she would sometimes not start the event to fix the cannons.
    *Hodgin’s Path: Fixed a problem in Hodgin’s script at the “Collect scepter fragments” event that prevented the event from starting.
    *Detha’s path: Fixed a bug that caused the Ghostly Oozes not to use their basic attack properly, and spend a large amount of time loitering around players instead of attacking them.

Sorrow’s Embrace
    -Fixed multiple problematic doors would open and close when intended.

Twilight Arbor
    -Fixed a bug where Morrigu could die after defeating the final boss before the cinematic could start, which would break the dungeon and prevent players from receiving the final reward.

The Ruined City of Arah
    -Seer Path: Fixed an exploit where rangers using longbows could trivialize a fight by attacking at max range, and the Melandru boss would not fight back.

Fractals of the Mists

-Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players could damage the final seal with their normal attacks.
    -Cliffside: Fixed an issue where players were able to attack and kill the first boss before triggering the cinematic.

Personal Story

-Minor personal story bugs in multiple personal story steps were fixed.
    -The story step “Forewarned is Forearmed” has been fixed to avoid an error that prevented completion.
    -The story step “Time for a Promotion” has been fixed to avoid a problem that caused it to stall.
    -The story step “Silent Warfare” has had the difficulty adjusted.
    -The story step “The Artist’s Workshop” has been fixed to allow players to rally when they defeat hypnotized performers.
    -Players who completed the sylvari “mirror” storyline are now recognized by the NPCs in the story step “Through the Looking Glass.”

World vs. World

-Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
    -All players will now correctly receive WvW bonuses. Players who transfer worlds will still be locked out of bonuses for the current and subsequent match.

Structured PvP

-Heart of the Mists: Added light, medium, and heavy PvP Underwater Mask items to the PvP Armorsmith.
    -Battle of Kyhlo: The hit box on the trebuchets has been decreased so that they are less vulnerable to certain AoE skills.
    -Legacy of the Foefire: The red guild lord and his guards have been repositioned to more closely match the blue side.
    -Forest of Niflhel: Fixed incorrect names on the archer NPCs that guard each base.
    -Removed slots in the PvP locker for the Rawhide armor pieces, as they are not obtainable as PvP rewards.
    -PvP locker now can store consumable finishers up to rank 6, glory boosters, PvP salvage kits, and tournament tickets.
    -Updated the NPC names of archers in Forest of Niflhel.

Items

-Updated the names of the level 80 rare armorsmithing boxes to match the names of the items they contain.
    -Runes of Balthazar and Orrian now properly apply quickness when the player is struck and below 20% health.
    -Updated Knight’s Jewel so that it appropriately grants Power rather than Toughness.
    -Updated the ingredients required to craft satchels and boxes of armor to match the ingredients required to craft the individual pieces contained within.

Commerce

-Fixed an issue with the Boxing Glove skills remaining when players swap to armor from town clothes.
    -Mini pets are now usable in the Heart of the Mists.
    -Fixed Krait Tonic second skill description.
    -Fixed missing nightmare medium icons and pants using gloves icons.
    -Total Makeover Kit and Self-Style Hair Kit added to the Black Lion Chest as rare rewards.
    -Increased chance to get Mini boosters and Dye Pack boosters from the Black Lion Chest.

Professions

Elementalist
    -Updated elementalist conjured weapons to appropriately apply attributes to all players that pick them up.
    -Dragon’s Tooth: This skill’s blast finisher now triggers at spell location, instead of character’s location.
    -Electrocute: This skill now has a maximum range and line of sight requirement.
    -Impale: Fixed an exploit with this skill’s interaction with Signet of Restoration.
    -Arcane Resurrection: This trait now applies five seconds of aura to allies affected by it.
    -Evasive Arcana: This trait now has a blast finisher while attuned to earth.
    -Elementalists will no longer get into a state where they aren’t attuned to any element. This commonly results in the player’s skillbar being empty.

Engineer
    -Toss Elixir C: This skill’s underwater cooldown is reduced from 60 seconds to 30 seconds to match the land recharge.
    -Elixir S: Fixed a bug that would cause this skill to go on normal recharge when Fast-Acting Elixirs is equipped.
    -Smoke Bomb: Cleaned up skill facts.

Guardian
    -Ring of Warding: This skill will no longer affect non-attackable NPCs.

Mesmer
    -Updated the description for Blurred Frenzy to indicate that it gives evasion through “Blur,” instead of “Distortion”.
    -Phantasms will now properly have all boons applied to them via player traits.
    -Phantasmal Disenchanter can now be cast at the correct distance.

Ranger
    -Fixed a bug that allowed a ranger to have two traps of the same type active simultaneously.

Thief
    -Whirling Axe: This skill can now be cancelled by other skills.
    -Using a stolen bundle item should no longer destroy a bundle being wielded in their hands.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pretty much worthless except for...

YES

BG Level

Well thank christ for that lol

BG Level

-Invisible & invulnerable players can no longer contest capture points in WvW. WvW capture points now follow the same rules as PvP capture points.
    THANK BABY JESUS

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Apparently the patch broke jumping, so prepare for jump puzzles to be more rage filled

I though they were supposed to fix not being able to re-enter fractals after dc. Well according to dev chat on OF last week it was supposedly in this patch. I guess not

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Pretty much worthless except for...

YES
    Fuck that, I finally get my WvW bonuses. That ain't worthless.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

There's been some ninja patches to Fractals, at the very least, Dredge exploit patched and Asura ettin is no longer attackable.

They didn't fix the Grawl teleporting shaman bug, and yes, a mod on the forums said that they couldn't get the DC fix in time for patch.

Could be just me, Dredge seems harder, actually died on switches which never happened before, though one time is hardly confirmation so could be just that I sucked more than usual XD

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Fuck that, I finally get my WvW bonuses. That ain't worthless.
    Still not getting mine. GG.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Guess I'll check and see if I get my wvw bonuses since I haven't gotten them...ever lol

Cool to see they fixed CoE though. Can finally finish that up and get my boots..some day. Also lol at the 'fix' for Fractals and the killing the seal with normal weapons. Aw

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Nice to see they're working onfixing broken runes. Now I just hope they get around to fixing rune of the pack sooner rather than later.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Wintersday is coming and along with all the other goodies there will be a few updates to WvW. Some of these changes are the result of forum feedback while others are part of our longer term plans for WvW. Here’s a quick preview of what WvW will get for Wintersday:

Advance notification of new builds
    In order to allow WvW players to make good decions about siege placement, assault timing, etc. we’re adding a new build pre-announcement. This will be in the form of a message broadcast to all players some time before the current build expires. Because this notification is tied to one of the final steps in our build process, and those final steps take a variable amount of time, we won’t be able to say exactly when the current build will expire. Instead, the message will provide a window of time in which the new build will become available.

Alt+F4 is no escape
    If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

No more insta-build walls & gates
    Destroyed walls and gates will now rebuild when they reach 10% health rather than on the very first repair. This means that when attackers down a wall or gate defenders won’t be able to instantly rebuild it. Walls and gates which are destroyed can still be damaged if they have any health.

Breakout events
    We’ve added a new event type to WvW called Breakout events which trigger when one or more teams have been pushed completely out of a map. They’re designed both to help players break out of severly camped portal keeps and to provide assistance in establishing a foothold in each map. Here’s what designer Matt Witter has to say about them:

Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around. Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with. Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.

These changes are just a small part of what the WvW team has been up to lately. As you may have already heard, we’re hard at work on some larger updates that we plan to deliver in February. We’re not quite ready to talk about the details yet but as February gets closer we’ll start to reveal more of our secrets.

Happy Wintersday and we’ll see you on the battlefield!
    I like it, but I think the breakout event is a step in the right direction but not enough. If the buff/npc only lasts for one 1-2 keeps then it wont be enough, and if it only procs when the other team has 0-1 towers lft then its incentive to always leave them one. It should be based on a a team being overall dominated in general across all maps. The other stuff I like

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast