+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: GW2: Update Notes Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Best sigils are only like a 8% damage increase, I don't think even using a zerker weapon you'll gain 22% more damage from stats <_< I'd really like to know where the devs got their numbers from or what they were thinking.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkSammich View Post
    I would like to see that post. I had a guy claim to get an infused ring from 20 yesterday, linked it in chat too. Could've been lying.
    late but here: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...st#post1002809

Edit: Actually, I read your question wrong. Infused Rings can drop from 20+ and non-infused drop until 25. So to only get infused ones, you'd need to do 26 and over.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

excellent, thanks

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Vials of Condensed Mists Essence no longer drop after scale 10.

Tis bogus/bugged. One dropped for me in LVL 26.

tol

was it perhaps on jade maw?

vials shouldn't be dropping after 10 because its the globs that should be dropping at that point.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Man, completing Toypocalypse, without loosing a Dyalok, is going to be really tough. Got to 8 with 5 left, but Tox decimated defenses and we couldn't stop the next wave.

*Next game, I got the achievement; lots of defenses and rifles ftw*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

they realized they fucked up by not making it a grp event and instead random que. they they hotfixed that achievement to only require one dolyak to be alive

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Er, only one dolyak alive is the only requirement to actually finish it. That's a shame. Completed the 5 dolyaks achievement with randoms just by giving them some instructions.

Offensive siege set up in round 1-2
    * ballista inside, catapults outside
    * one or two snowmen around each of the two ranged types

Defenses set up starting with Toxx's first appearance
    * someone kites toxx and prays it doesn't break aggro
    * ice walls are built en masse around the dolyaks (far enough away from them that melee attacks don't reach them through the walls
    * ballistae/snowmen built on top of walls

Damaged/destroyed offensive siege is replaced or repaired/upgraded after Toxx's first appearance

Everything after that is maintenance. Kiting Toxx, repairing Ice walls, building a second layer of wall, etc.

Hope that helps... someone. Is the achievement *really* only one dolyak now? I gotta log in and see... sigh.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

That's just silly considering how easy it was. All you had to do was get 1-2 people to kite Toxx around, and the rest build up insane defenses. If you ask me, the achievement should have been all 5 Dolyaks alive, and no hay used.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

It hasn't been changed yet. And yes it is easy to kite toxx, but the event is a complete waste of time and has 0 replay ability if a dolyack dies. And since its pure PuG ppl bail left and right if a dolyack dies. Took me 15 minutes just to get into a new Grp that wasn't already failing. It's a fun event but made the worst event so far in the game due to terrible execution and planning.

The event would be a blast if I could do it in my instance static and it had an actual reward for completing it aside lol4presents

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I just have a lot of fun in it; done the 5 mule win a few times today, in pugs.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    I just have a lot of fun in it; done the 5 mule win a few times today, in pugs.
    Because all it took was a little time for people to actually understand effective strategies for the activity. Yes it was hard to begin with. Yes, people learned and now its not impossible to do 5. I myself got 5 on my second entry because the group had this little thing I like to call "a brain".

The only real issue with getting 5 is the way the encounter begins. Because it can start without all 6 members in the instance and because it can start immediately when the 6th member enters (the first time I went in it was already started and the second we had a countdown of all of 2 seconds before it began).

I truly hope that ArenaNet sees all of the issues with this event. Sure the vast majority of them have been all the commerce team's bumbling, but a couple of them have been the actual event team's fault. The Snowball fight achievements and the inability to do ANYTHING in a group with friends are two large issues that the event teams need to look at and fix. Especially the ability to queue up as a group. Its not as if they do not have the ability to queue up partial and full groups for things *cough*tournaments*cough*

Not being able to do the events/minigames with friends is why I refused to do them and have been playing other stuff durning this entire event.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

You can party for Tixx's dungeons, but I haven't seen you or Kia on so.. yeah. Least you're enjoying PSO.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...January-3-2013

Did they just nerf mesmer?

Wintersday
    Wintersday has ended, and the residents of Lion’s Arch are tidying up, humming those bell-choir tunes as they work! They savor their memories of snowball fights, presents, toys, and Toymaker Tixx! And so the Lion’s Arch Council sends one last merry wish that the joy you felt at Wintersday will last all year long! Happy New Year!
    The Wintersday Merchant will remain in Lion’s Arch for a while longer, allowing players to continue to exchange gifts.
    Black Lion Trading Company Gem Store
    After 11:59 p.m. PST on January 3, 2012, Wintersday items will no longer be available to purchase from the gem store.
    Mesmer
    Shatter skills now share a global 0.25 second recharge, to prevent multiple shatter effects triggering on the same illusion.
    Shattered Strength: This trait now grants 1 stack of might per illusion shattered.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

More like they corrected a bug and their overbuffing from the last mesmer adjustment patch. Triple the stacks and double the duration on shatter might stacks was retarded and easily exploitable

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Anybody should have known that the Mesmer buff last patch would be reverted. Being able to basically keep 24/25 stacks of might on oneself for no effort was too good to be true. Mesmer dmg itself is low, but that buff to illusions and shatter was pretty beefy

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Never saw 25 stacks of might, but even if I did, so what? Mesmer damage is low and other classes can 24/7 25 stacks of might. I saw this in WoW, and it's happening in GW2; separate rules for PvP/PvE or GTFO. You'll never 'balance' since players don't have gigantic HP pools to counter-act high burst skills or healing skills.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Mes are in the "big three" for 1v1 classes. Nothing really to complain about mang.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast