1. You are currently viewing a section that predates the release of FFXIV:ARR and the information you see here is most likely outdated and/or useless.
  1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: xivdb.com     submit to reddit submit to twitter

xivdb.com

Hello All!

XIVDB.com is now live, so go and break everything!

The release is a beta version, so we can test out traffic loads and search query stress. Once we have some nice logged information we can make adjustments and then throw all the other data in such as skills, activities (quests, dungeons, achievements, etc) and NPCs. For now you can have fun with the Item and Recipe section as well as the various tools PV and I have developed.

Wardrobe

The wardrobe allows you to search for items and drag them over to make a custom build gear set, you can then share these with your friends to show off your build or to-be-build for all your different classes. Others can view your build if theyre interested in what type of gear to get for a class or attribute type.

http://xivpads.com/news/xivdb-wardrobe.jpg

Compare

Not sure which Primal Weapon is best? This system allows you to put items together and see what benefits they have against each other. You can switch the focus of a item to have it as the dominant stats and the other items will compare against it.

http://xivpads.com/news/xivdb-compare.jpg

We will add as much as we can to the site for A Realm Reborn, if you got ideas, let us know! We build what you want! We will be updating a lot very early on to keep it in shape and make sure everything is running smoothly, so you may notice a few hickups.

Head on over and enjoy!

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

oh my science....

Fuck yes. putting in favorites, wardrobe will really help me compare for my mnk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This will be awesome when ARR hits.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Would be nice to have an option to exclude dated gear from results.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Not exactly official news... Should've been in general but I'll allow it.

Looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    Not exactly official news... Should've been in general but I'll allow it.

Looks nice.
    woop actually meant to post this in general

Certainly more interesting than the official shit coming out lately.

Bookmarked. Limited usefulness for me now, but looking forward to using this in 2.0.

Really looking forward to this for 2.0. Looks amazing so far.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Not sure where to summit funky stuff with the site but here's something that popped up during registration.

The site looks awesome and I'll definitely make use of it come 2.0

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm know this isn't what you were trying to point out, but do people really say "An XIV", like literally saying the letters X, I, and V? That's the only reason I can think of why you'd put 'an' before 'xiv-anything'.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I think it makes more verbal sense than saying "fourteen pads."

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

In my head, I hear it as 'ziv-pads', but I think all incarnations of it sound bad to me, I just find saying each letter individually to be the worst option. I try my best never to verbalize anything that starts with 'xiv'.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What do you mean, "not really, no." It was an opinion.

This is how I read these titles:

When the roman numerals are paired up with the name of the franchise: I say the number they represent.
    When the roman numerals are separated from the franchise title: I say each letter individually.

Never would I pronounce it "ziv" because it's not a word.

Anyways, retarded tangent.

Cool site... though it's a little difficult to navigate right off the bat.
    My immediate complaint is that it's difficult to reverse-navigate. Hitting "back" just spits you all the way back to the main page and dismisses your search.
    For example, I searched all Monk weapons clicked on one for details, and when I wanted to go back to the list, how to wasn't immediately apparent...
    Hitting "Item" sent me back to en empty search. Hitting "Back" on my browser sent me to the first page with nothing searched.

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    Not sure where to summit funky stuff with the site but here's something that popped up during registration.

The site looks awesome and I'll definitely make use of it come 2.0
    fixed it up thanks!

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I've been having fun with this! Perhaps down the road you could consider adding in base stats so we see what the totals would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    I've been having fun with this! Perhaps down the road you could consider adding in base stats so we see what the totals would be?
    Ive been thinking about this.. probably with 2.0

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    I'd love to see base stats, +1 to this.

Base stats are kind of a hot topic since you would have to get it for every job every race even (i think? not sure if they had different stats).
    And then the whole stat allocation system makes it even more annoying... and kinda useless to compare since some might put all into vit or w/e.

mabye if they streamline them a bit in 2.0.. (=

There are no stat differences between races, would just need each class/job and minus any allocated points.