Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

So are STR magians worth it? Or is it basically one-handed offhand weapons that aren't dagger?

Given the prevalence and desire for empys, I mean.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Taint View Post
    Anni definitely the best. Yoichi vs Arma depends on the mob with more leaning towards Arma.
    Situationally arma can be better than anni. Ie meh pdif situations and/or have to stay decently out of range.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

SCH enhancing discussion: You can use relic +2 body with augment to squeeze 7 more skill if you put in 5/5 merits, but that's only good for one cast every 5 minutes. Just pointing that out.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    hate /sch.
    Why?

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    So are STR magians worth it? Or is it basically one-handed offhand weapons that aren't dagger?

Given the prevalence and desire for empys, I mean.

Generally speaking STR magians are some of the best non r/m/e weapons you can get. only exceptions I can think of are OAT gs or one of the oax polearms
    (dunno about neo odin polearm though)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spagnutty View Post
    How do people play Corsair these days?

When I quit it was COR/WAR or gtfo. TP on Joyeuse, step back and WS. COR/WHMs were ridiculed and shamed for being lazy. At least in EXP parties that is.

But it looks like the majority of the new COR gear that's come out has been all Ranged Attack stuff... Did the developers just forget about quick draw lol? Do people actually shoot for TP now, or what?
    Armageddon (Cor Empy) has completely changed how the job is perceived. Most cor go /sam or /rdm to events now, with /war and /rng being situational at best. Cor/whm is basically non-existent at this point. Wildfire (Cor Empy WS) is a magic affected WS, so the MAB from /rdm is why. Cor can do incredibly well on many high-level mobs, and Last Stand (merit WS) is a viable alternative for mobs where Wildfire is resisted.

Quick draw provides alternate damage types for mobs like prov watcher and pil.

You don't use melee weapons for tp any longer, at least not in general. The damage buff from aftermath means that shooting is better DoT, plus the bonuses from Fire/Chatoyant staff modify Wildfire, so you want to keep it equipped. And that is only in events where tp gain isn't so fast you even bother shooting (TP wings are very common in voidwatch).

If you haven't played cor since the 75 cap, it's a completely different job. It's invited for its damage and ability to give buffs. It's a welcome change.

I've never done legion, I don't know Cor's Roll there.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Job hasn't really changed that much compared to 75. Only thing different is that it uses a magic WS now instead of a physical one(most of the time anyways). Only change would be that meleeing for tp isn't ideal in most cases. (though even at 75 you wouldn't do this for serious events)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Very informative responses. Thanks!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Job hasn't really changed that much compared to 75. Only thing different is that it uses a magic WS now instead of a physical one(most of the time anyways). Only change would be that meleeing for tp isn't ideal in most cases. (though even at 75 you wouldn't do this for serious events)
    Regain really helped put the nail in the coffin of the silly melee cors lol. And made the cheap ones that refuse to shot for tp seem less bad

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Is there an updated spamfilter for the new RMT /tells?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    Generally speaking STR magians are some of the best non r/m/e weapons you can get. only exceptions I can think of are OAT gs or one of the oax polearms
    (dunno about neo odin polearm though)
    Problem is, they're fairly time consuming and expensive to make, due to the lack of fire weather. Devoting time/gil to making a STR magian weapon instead of just working on an emp/relic seems counterproductive, outside of the aforementioned offhands.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

For MNK tp set in VW. With 8% haste from atmacites. Thaumas Hat over Ganesha's Mask? Any other spots to lose haste or just stick with the rest?

Head/Rancor/Brutal/Ghillie+1
    Thaumas/Nomkahpa/Epona/Rajas
    Atheling/BB/AF3+2/AF3+2

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post
    For MNK tp set in VW. With 8% haste from atmacites. Thaumas Hat over Ganesha's Mask? Any other spots to lose haste or just stick with the rest?

Atheling/BB/AF3+2/AF3+2
    You are already at 25% haste even without wearing the head. So I would say Thaumas Hat.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    hate /sch.

I swore by whm/rdm for a long time till I actually started subbing sch and learned how wrong I'd been.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Possible to get 500 Enhance on SCH without Rubeus Feet? I'm already over the 0/100 point, so I'm looking at possible alternatives now.
    Spoiler: show
    My 2box went 1/1 on it during a tier clear run.
    I'm in the same boat. Currently, I have 487 skill w/ an 8 enhancing pole. :<

You can break 500 with the gear Radec listed, with at least a 4 augment on the sabots. +5 would give a leeway of 1 on the pole. Still bleh. Fucking pixie.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Aja View Post

Atheling/BB/AF3+2/AF3+2
    swap out BB for twilight belt or goading belt

I wanted to ask a few questions if I may.

Got Amanomurakumo last night and wondering what the current best WS set was for Tachi: Kaiten?
    Also wondering if folks use Aftermath up VS down sets for Amanomurakumo, any advise would be wonderful.
    Lastly since doing kill shots in abyssea I am wondering what best atma combo would be? I used Apoc/VV/StoutArm for the first trial and was doing about 2500~ Kaitens.

Like always I thank you for any help given.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by nikia View Post
    I wanted to ask a few questions if I may.

Got Amanomurakumo last night and wondering what the current best WS set was for Tachi: Kaiten?
    Also wondering if folks use Aftermath up VS down sets for Amanomurakumo, any advise would be wonderful.
    Lastly since doing kill shots in abyssea I am wondering what best atma combo would be? I used Apoc/VV/StoutArm for the first trial and was doing about 2500~ Kaitens.

Like always I thank you for any help given.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/232366

Fudo and Kaiten use the same sets. Except Kaiten doesn't need the moonshade and should use a STR earring. (could use Cent. earring for trials but in general if att isn't capped you should be using Shoha) Mekira+1 on proc days as well. Shura+1 on the rest. (5-7att,3wsdmg,3scdmg aug or if lucky STR)

Is it known if Hexed -1 can be re-augmented or not? It'd be pretty legendary if they can't given that a couple of the pieces become a total waste if you get the NQ augment.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Is it known if Hexed -1 can be re-augmented or not? It'd be pretty legendary if they can't given that a couple of the pieces become a total waste if you get the NQ augment.
    It can

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 158 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast