Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Does anyone have the "perfect" Stun set for SCH/Legion? I may be missing some item or not that I don't know of, or that's super situational. Also, how exactly does the Magian Staff factor into the equation? With Alacrity, March x2 (Ghorn), Haste, does gear Haste need to be capped / does capping it do more than cut off a fractions of a second? My recast seems to give varying results, between 4-8 seconds, and I'm wondering if it's possible to:

A) Is 4 seconds the lowest recast possible?
    B) Are varying times caused by Spellcast having difficulty swapping all pieces in time for such a quick spell?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

8-9 seconds should be the lowest recast without alacrity, 4-5 with, so you should already be capped. Are you having spellcast swap in your stun gear midcast or precast? Midcast will give you variable results for low cast time spells like stun.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Rule is set for precast in Legion. If that's the case, what's the highest Skill/M.Acc possible with lowest recast? There's virtually enough time with a 4 second timer to recast Thunderstorm if it wears off, so Obi/Cape is always an option too.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

You should be using thunderstorm already because of klimaform and relic boots.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Is Tantra Cyclas +2 better then Thaumas coat during Impetus?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

What are good blu feet to TP in, dont have Thaumas yet and I dont need a haste piece. I checked, but nothing really seemed to stand out (looking at AF2+2 since it looks like it has a useful aug either way)

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Caerloc View Post
    Is Tantra Cyclas +2 better then Thaumas coat during Impetus?
    I believe it's marginally better, yeah.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Then i might not care, cause i look so good in thaumas.

As soon a level correction exists or defense becomes uncapped AF3+2 is ahead of thaumas. So in reality thaumas is marginaly superior. Basically if you don't systematically bring your pocket daurdabla bard with dia2, stick to AF3+2. It's required for VS anyway.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by shukudai View Post
    Does anyone have the "perfect" Stun set for SCH/Legion? I may be missing some item or not that I don't know of, or that's super situational. Also, how exactly does the Magian Staff factor into the equation? With Alacrity, March x2 (Ghorn), Haste, does gear Haste need to be capped / does capping it do more than cut off a fractions of a second? My recast seems to give varying results, between 4-8 seconds, and I'm wondering if it's possible to:

A) Is 4 seconds the lowest recast possible?
    B) Are varying times caused by Spellcast having difficulty swapping all pieces in time for such a quick spell?
    Currently using:

MAcc Magian/DarkSkill Grip/Aureole/---
    Hyaline Hat/Aesir/Abyssal/--- (If you carry loq., would go here)
    Anhur/Avesta/Maquette/--- (If you carry Prolix, would go here)
    Merciful/Ninurta/Portent/Argute +2

The Legion-Haste ear would be another option instead of Loq. if you've already bought it for other jobs.

4seconds is the lowest it gets w/ Alacrity+Thunderstorm+Embrava+March, which is about as low as it matters - any faster and you won't have time to use alacrity again between casts.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    What are good blu feet to TP in, dont have Thaumas yet and I dont need a haste piece. I checked, but nothing really seemed to stand out (looking at AF2+2 since it looks like it has a useful aug either way)
    Kacura +1 aren't bad.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

How does your equip affects accesionable spells? Stoneskin, phalanx, enspell, etc.
    Does for example stoneskin+ equip affects accessionated stoneskins or works only on yourself?
    Same applies for Phalanx?

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Iirc, the caster's MND is used in determining the potency of the Stoneskin, but any "Enhances Stoneskin" gear must be on the player when they receive the effect, rather than the caster.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

FFXI wiki shows you can augment shura haidate +1 with up to +7 str. bg wiki doesnt show anything of the sort. can anyone confirm this?

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fatty View Post
    FFXI wiki shows you can augment shura haidate +1 with up to +7 str. bg wiki doesnt show anything of the sort. can anyone confirm this?
    According to the synergy thread, Shura Haidate (+1), the only way to get STR is from the random pool, and it should only go up to 5. I'd chalk anything past 5 as POIDH

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    According to the synergy thread, Shura Haidate (+1), the only way to get STR is from the random pool, and it should only go up to 5. I'd chalk anything past 5 as POIDH
    thought it might be something to that effect. thanks!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Scored a tessera saio today. I assume af3+2 for impetus up and thaumas coat for impetus down during tp. And af3+2 for impetus up and tessera saio when impetus down for victory smite? Or will tessera saio beat af3+2 with impetus up for victory smite?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kogenta View Post
    How does your equip affects accesionable spells? Stoneskin, phalanx, enspell, etc.
    Does for example stoneskin+ equip affects accessionated stoneskins or works only on yourself?
    Same applies for Phalanx?
    Dunno about Stoneskin, but enhancing skill boosts Phalanx for everyone if you Accession it.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Player stats, from native stats + equipment bunus affects everyone, I.E., 500 enhancing will let you Accesion 35 enspells on everyone. But "enhances whatever" equipment is player-specific: enhances stoneskin only adds SS HP to the wearer, enhances protect only adds defense to the wearer, enhances enspell damage only adds it to the wearer, etc.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 158 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast