+ Reply to Thread
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Diablo 3: Show us your build

I always like looking at people's builds and various characters for advice/suggestions, and just general curiosity, and I've started avoiding the official forums for obvious reasons.

Here is me:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...7/hero/6754453

edit*

Wow ok, I swear I searched for D3 builds and didn't see any results. Ignore this! I'll post in the main one.
    Or maybe if people want we can just use this also, since I didn't see anyone posting links to their profiles on the other thread.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/D.../hero/11233264

That's my monk's build, which is the typical build a lot of monks out there are using right now. I know my gear needs some work atm, and I have been doing act2/3 farm runs on my monk throughout the past 2 weeks, as well as 300%mf runs on act 2 normal on my dh with the hopes that I get a leoric's signet (40-150m+ each), but I have yet to get lucky there.

Atm I'm working towards replacing one of my rings with natalya's ring, so that I can drop that God awful nata helm for either andy's visage, or inna's helm while retaining the 7% CHC bonus. Also, the other item I'm looking to work towards is Inna's temperance, as I am not yet at the 24% MS cap from gear, and running faster would help me paragon/farm faster.

If any better monks out there could chime in, what do you think would be the best pieces of gear to replace first (aside from the two swaps mentioned above)?

Ollieyk

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M.../hero/19373300

Act 3 Inferno is a cakewalk and PTR is just as easy up to level 7. looking to farm around level 5 so i can watch TV on my other screen! Such an OP build

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

barb: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/k.../hero/25410277 what i currently play though it's not often nowadays

DH: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/k.../hero/14197699 what i used to play before i took up barb. it's actually pretty out of date and i wouldn't even have a weapon if i hadn't found the manticore lol

And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Nothing too special going on for my Wiz here:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/M...9/hero/1720811

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

they said this for you, dimm

"While there are currently solid build options for monks both in 1.0.4 and 1.0.5, and while top-tiered monks using very specific builds can achieve respectable damage, the class isn’t yet where we want it to be. We’re definitely aware of your concerns, and we agree that additional improvements should be made, especially with regards to play style options, build diversity, and the performance and budget of monk resources. We feel that the monk has the most potential for improvement, and we have plans to make more changes to the monk after 1.0.5. The sort of changes we’d like to make are not simple number tweaks, though.

Ultimately, we want to make monks more engaging to play and really immerse players in what it would feel like to be a fast-punching martial arts master. We have a number of ideas on how to accomplish that for the future, and we want to provide improved passives, particularly passives that can be used for a more offensively-minded monk. I also mentioned two other possible changes we’re considering in my previous post, but those certainly aren’t the only changes we’re looking into. They address another area we feel could use improvement, and that’s giving players some additional, more active play style options.

We have more improvements planned and they’re still only in the discussion phase, so we’re not really in a place right now to talk about them in much detail, but we’re actively working towards solutions to address many key concerns."

basically, they have no idea what they're gonna do. but at least they know mnk sux

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by jimbobsonofgod View Post
    Witch doctor is the only other class I currently play other than DH. What is the start of good dps for witch doctor? For instance DH around 100k, all acts are pretty easy if you are balanced. It's hard for me to really judge with pets.

I enjoy tapping my sisters fine ass
    BG Level

For me personally its a collection of things not just flat out sheet dps. I think once you hit 50k dps with GF and SH you should be able to breeze most things. 30k HP is fine for now but I imagine once 1.05 comes out you're gonna need 50-80k. Around 500 all resist 4k armor is a good place to shoot for defensively. After that not much is gonna kill your pets before you kill it.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I don't play anymore but with pile on being 10 seconds now (that was in the last update, right? can't find the info now since I've never had any experience navigating blizz shit lol) has any WD tried a 0sec pile on build? There's enough CD reduction of wall of zombies to get -13 seconds

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/K...1/hero/1022169

So I recently changed from a straight up glass cannon Demon Hunter build and into a Gloom-Tank build. With this I maintain a level of (lesser compared to glass cannon builds) damage instead of spiking, and it allows me to regen discipline and health as I spend my hatred so I can face tank elites, generating hatred (ciiiiircle of liiiiiife, etc.). The only thing I really need to kite away from now is Plagued/Molten/Arcane/Desecrator (or any combo thereof), but I'm at a point where I can just face tank Arcane alone + mobs. Reflect isn't even an issue for me at all, as long as I keep Gloom + Sentry maintained.

The only drawback(s) to this however, is solo targets. Multi-shot with Suppression Fire rune still isn't enough to regen Discipline fast enough, and conservation and playing real smart is key, because you won't be able to regen it as fast, especially when Backup Plan fails. But with smart play, it is absolutely manageable. Personally, having an Enchantress with Maximus helps, as the demon slave pops quite often, and lasts for a good amount of time to tank bosses, elites, and such as long as she's alive.

There's a slight learning curve getting used to the cycle and rotation, balancing between Hatred/Disc, you will find yourself with eyes ticking back and forth between your buffs, debuffs, HP/Disc/Hatred and yourself. You'll die, but not nearly as much as getting so much as breathed on as a glass cannon build. You won't do as much DPS with it at first, but you'll stay alive and the enemies will die. The more enemies you can pile on yourself, the better your odds are of living. Vault in a giant group of demons, plant your Sentry, Gloom, and go to town. Shit will die. And you will live. I find the playstyle quite satisfying after learning it.

I can farm A3 mp0 for xp, or ramp it up to mp6 for farming keys solo. All this in my pretty mediocre gear and never having more than 20mil ever in this game. It's made the game more fun for me tbh.