BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Suikoden discussion - #deadseries

I've been a part of this facebook group for a few weeks, and the creator just initiated a monthly campaign to email/tweet/facebook message Konami to try and at least get Suikoden 1 and 2 posted worldwide on PSN. The further reaching goal is to get a real next entry in the series, in the same world as 1-5. The movement just got some press on Destructoid which has been spread to some other gaming news outlets.

http://www.destructoid.com/fans-peti...e-236132.phtml

and their facebook page is here, if you like Suikoden and haven't joined yet, please do so!

https://www.facebook.com/SuikodenRevival

I know that fan campaigns never seem to do much, but it can't hurt to try.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Joined it a while back. Can't see anything coming from this but it doesn't hurt to just join and try.

the comments on that article are fucking disgusting

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

As long as Suikoden 6 isn't made from whoever was in charge of Suikoden 4. Even if we get 1, I expect it to just be a handheld title. Mainstream JRPG's haven't been as popular this gen compared to the PS1-2 era.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zealot View Post
    I'd even take a retranslation and remastering of 1 and 2.
    This. Especially a re-release of 2 which fixes all the game-breaking glitches anyone can easily run into.

If there's a new release I also want one directly after 3, we've had enough games fleshing out the past. Gimme some Tir, Victor, and Flik son!

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    As long as Suikoden 6 isn't made from whoever was in charge of Suikoden 4. Even if we get 1, I expect it to just be a handheld title. Mainstream JRPG's haven't been as popular this gen compared to the PS1-2 era.
    That pisses me off a lot too, its the only genre I really care for and i've been blue balled almost all of this generation.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's too bad that all of the jrpg's that look interesting are released on handhelds. I'd buy so many if they were re-made or ported to consoles.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If they do make a VI, I won't even care if it has good graphics or not. It can look like Suikoden I for all I care. Give me Suikoden and take my money!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Now to make a bot and boost it up to 10mil likes.
    I always said if I hit the lottery, I would try to get the old team from 1&2 together for 6.

Atma Weapon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would totally be down for a Suikoden VI in the same graphical style as 1 or 2. I always thought so much more could still be done with HD resolutions and sprites for RPGs. Looks like the page has gotten around 100 likes today alone, so maybe it'll pick up some more steam.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I always felt like the Suikoden games proved that graphics don't make the game. Plenty of RPGs looked beautiful and didn't resonate with me emotionally, or play as well, as the Suikoden games.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been replaying Suikoden V (started last week put 20 hours into it) the game rendered at a high internal resolution looks fantastic, I wouldn't care if they released a sixth iteration looking like that.

Most people says I like old games because of nostalgia, that's bull, I've been replaying (and playing some I missed) PS1-PS2 era Jrpgs and I'm having a blast, there's no nostalgia to be had, JRPGs where simply that good back then

It's due for a good JRPG already, aside of Nier (while it's good, it's not at the same level) and maybe some other I forgot, there hasn't been any good JRPG this gen... which is the reason I haven't bought a console game since august last year

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Where did you get the emulator/rom? I have been thinking about DLing V. It is the only one I have not played.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I would definitely pick up a new Suikoden if they ever made one. Of all the shitty games that there are next gen sequels to how is there not a PS3/Xbox360 Suikoden?

Atma Weapon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Well Murayama did leave Konami, but he posted on his company's blog in 2010 stating that he had received an offer from a certain company to work on an RPG. He was unsure whether to accept or not though. It's presumed by now that he declined the offer since they disbanded the Suikoden team in 2011 and have been making spinoffs for handhelds. I'd imagine they'd have to make a pretty sweet deal for him to come back to consult for the story if they intended to continue the series properly.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Unless Murayama held exclusive publishing rights to the series that doesn't explain why they didn't just replace him and move on. Kind of surprising to see a company ignore a cash cow title just because the original creator jumped ship.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If you think about it, it's for the better, look at what the genre turned into, if they release a new Suikoden without Murayama it would be most likely atrocious (ie. Handheld ones)

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    Unless Murayama held exclusive publishing rights to the series that doesn't explain why they didn't just replace him and move on. Kind of surprising to see a company ignore a cash cow title just because the original creator jumped ship.
    That's suikoden 4 and 5, no?

He left halfway through 3.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    He didn't hold exclusive rights or anything to the series, but it was pretty much him along who thought of the entire story. 27 True Runes, Yuber/Pesmerga, Luc, Georg, storylines that were hinted at for eventual stories. He came up with most if not all of it. I think he originally wanted 2 to be the first game, but wanted more experience developing for the PS1 so he could envision it correctly. So he came up with S1 instead, and continued it into S2.

Without him, the series is pretty much dead. I believe he also only allowed himself a 10 year time frame or something with Konami and Suikoden before he moved on. Might have been cut short a bit, but I think that was his main reason for leaving. Could be off a little bit, read that a long ass time ago.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not getting to see the Yuber/Pesmerga story will be one of the saddest gaming things of my life. Maybe someday

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag