+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Jumping puzzles? Most of the puzzles are fucking easy. Why should the game reward you for that? All I'm hearing really is a bunch of QQ I don't want to work for something QQ. It's the nature of today's gamer, though. They'd rather have shit given to them on a silver platter. At least these don't require all the things true legendaries require. So be thankful for that?
    Jumping puzzles are a bad example, but it's still an example of something they could add a real reward to. Why should the game reward me for... playing it? I dunno. Maybe because they're interested in showing me something cool that only they can do!

I don't mind work. I do mind stupid amounts of grinding.

If you want an example of work that isn't grinding, look at the old class quests from vanilla WoW for Rhok'delar and the priest staff. Those were cool! You actually did more than repetitively grind out a shitload of mats.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The idea is that you buy the temporary weapons with candy corn/silver for your awesome time. They're cheap. If you want them permanently, here's an investment. I personally don't see anything wrong with that, or why it'd even be worthy of a complaint.

My complaint is not the investment, but rather the method of investing. Instead of asking me to go partake in the cool events they've set up, they're asking me to use the same grindy system that I have to use to obtain pretty much every piece of gear in the game. Why can't I get the cool skin by, I dunno, partaking in some of the Halloween-specific events? Why do I need to go out and grind the same Destroyer Lodestones that I need to grind out for this other piece of gear I want?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYt5EojkHMA

none of you understand the hardships and plight of my people

11/22/2012 NEVER FORGET

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    My complaint is not the investment, but rather the method of investing. Instead of asking me to go partake in the cool events they've set up, they're asking me to use the same grindy system that I have to use to obtain pretty much every piece of gear in the game. Why can't I get the cool skin by, I dunno, partaking in some of the Halloween-specific events? Why do I need to go out and grind the same Destroyer Lodestones that I need to grind out for this other piece of gear I want?
    This is the better way to express the point I was trying to get across.

Also I do not accept "Things get shittier, deal with it." as an excuse for anything. Things don't just simply get shittier, people make them shittier.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Lol, there's always the Christmas event, Rolf

Do any of these items give me an advantage in WvW or in dungeons? Cool not buying them.
    I understand d people wanting the pointless skins, but realizing that its retarded to invest into something so trivial. /shrug and then being upset about the nature of the event. But ... It's for a stupid cosmetic bullshit skin.

Tagus

Not really trying to take a side here, but something to take into consideration is that the rest of the game is RiDICULOUSLY fucking easy for an MMO. I mean... people were at level cap within a week. People already have the ffxi equivelent of relic weapons. I personally am at 5/5 exotic armor and an exotic weapon within three months, and I play maybe an hour or two a day. Just yesterday, people on guru were bitching up a storm about how they have nothing to grind for, they're bored of the game because there's no carrot to chase like virtually any traditional MMO that has ever existed because they have all their shit.... even our BG guild has lost significant numbers to the point where we can barely support full buffs running because everybody who's hardcore with the game has maxed out.

Maybe we needed a grind? Idk. It's a holiday event three months in... let's not lose our heads, people.

Theres plenty of grind in the game, these people just don't want what the grinds are, legendaries & dungeon etc.

Not really trying to take a side here, but something to take into consideration is that the rest of the game is RiDICULOUSLY fucking easy for an MMO. I mean... people were at level cap within a week
    This has been every MMO released since 2004, what is your point?

I personally am at 5/5 exotic armor and an exotic weapon within three months, and I play maybe an hour or two a day. .
    Also, every single MMO released since 2004.

I personally think it's fucking retarded that everything cool from this event is just a gigantic cash shop cash grab. I mean I guess it's cool that they're making lots of money, which means we'll hopefully get more content/balance changes faster etc, but the fact that the weapons are basically a fucking legendary grind, and something I'll never even attempt to shoot for is just retarded imo.

None of the weapons even look cool enough to warrant they gigantic grinds, I could understand a grind that took like a "week of playing for ~5 hours a day" and you'd finish 1 weapon by the end of the event, but between these giant grinds, the stupid trick or treat bags, all the crap on the cash shop,the black lion chests having so many skins etc, it's just a dumb event that's screaming "HEY GIVE US MONEY!!"

I will never buy a black lion key, and anyone who does is pretty much retarded, rich, or LOVES gambling/hurting themselves. They are waaay overpriced and the % of getting anything decent from a chest is WAAAY too low.

I bought the witch costume for 7gold, and I'll see what else I can get from this event without being a rich idiot who wants to spend $500 on a video game or a chinese gold farmer.

Looks like my perpetual disinterest in holiday MMO events continues.

Kinda sad my main concern is just getting the monthly done to partake of the new karma potions.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Don't see why people are defending a 130g grind for Halloween event skins. They aren't even the good Halloween skins, they're the shit ones without particle effects or anything. Oh, and, they're festive Halloween event items that should be part of the Halloween event, not some highest tier mystic forge weapon grind grind.

It wouldn't even be so bad if we were offered something else out of the entire event that we could get without opening our wallets and showering ANet with money, but we don't! We get:

1) Free shit Devil Horns that you can't even see on most of the hairstyles
    2) Free shit weapon skins that cost a fuckton of candy corn and only last for four fucking hours. Couldn't make it last all week ANet? Really?
    3) Free random costumes by jumping in the cauldron that you otherwise have to pay about fifty cents each for in the cash shop. These were free in GW2. Is 50 cents a lot for an hour long costume that you can only walk around town with? Depends on who you ask, but when Guild Wars 1 is currently giving away every single seasonal event item except the full body costumes, which are the only fair priced item here (1000 gems, roughly $12 for the full set of minipets) I have to wonder what behooved the GW2 team to completely shit all over the reputation of Guild Wars and turn a seasonal event into a blatant money grab.

I would have bought both costumes (over $20 to buy both) no problem, maybe even some minipets, but between having to buy festive tonics and the fact that they put the black lion chest halloween items at a staggeringly low drop rate with no other way to obtain the festive skins (1% or less) has left a bad taste in my mouth.

It's a god damn Halloween festival, go measure your dicks somewhere else and make a Legendary or something, because this is supposed to be fun, not another "WHO CAN SPEND THE MOST GOLD/MONEY TO BE THE VERY BEST THAT NO ONE EVER WAS" that Guild Wars already has enough of.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I suppose this is the future of F2P; at least the near future of F2P.

Well we all know anet made a killing this holiday lol, thats a good thing all in all.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sci Gauss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Yeah, for all the complaining people are doing, Anet is raking in the cash. Only proof is: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...s-buying-gems/

Starting last night, some players have had difficulty purchasing gems. This is most likely due to the volume of purchases being made. We are truly apologetic for the inconvenience, (and annoyance) and ask that you try again later.
    The costumes are actually pretty cool, but I don't like how they take up inventory space, so I'm not sure if I'll bother getting them or not.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    This has been every MMO released since 2004, what is your point?

Well, you know. I was trying to say this in a way that didn't offend anybody... but that mentality is difficult for you to understand.

I'll translate my point into Shiyo-speak.

You're farming fucking candy corn. Get the cocks out of your faggot asses and stop being bitches about not getting what you want and realize, you're farming digital fucking candy corn. It's entertainment, not your fucking career or purpose for living, stop being a bunch of whiny cunts.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I bought 15 keys and got 4 keys from the chests I opened. Didn't get a skin /sadpanda

I don't mind it because its a holiday item. There are better looking skins from dungeons and If I am going to invest 130g into something it will be towards my legendary lol. I do think they put a lot of effort into the holiday stuff and I like what they did. Lions Arc looks amazing and so do the other areas they changed. It's not merely throwing a few items around the existing map and calling it halloween... they completely transformed the area's they worked on. All I can hope for is that in subsequent years they continue this trend into new zones (aka major racial cities).

There is a lot to grind in this game, people just don't always "see" it because its like like other traditional MMO's where the game tells you what to do. There is a ton of crap to do for the holiday achievements also.

Anyways, outside of the skin's being retardly rare from the chests (which they shouldn't be) I like what they have done and continue to look forward to what else they have planned. If anything they should lower the cost of the keys

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

As long as I can carry over stuff to next years Halloween, I'm cool with it.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

This event has been murder on my inventory.

Tagus

It's always possible they've got more planned with the future installments of the event. If you assumed they were going to incorporate any or all of what people want into it, it would make sense to make the smallest crap and the largest grind available first. Idk, maybe I missed some info somewhere.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Started with 6 keys, got 4 more keys from those 6 chests. 9th chest had halloween weapon skin in it. Get on my level bitches. Sucks how expensive some of the weapons are but oh well, might just buy a shield off the AH but I don't know whether to get it now or wait a few days to see if it goes down as more people get them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast