Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

lol, so easy. If a glass cannon Ranger can solo Mad King... anyone can. The first part's a bit tricky because of that bullshit with SIMON SAYS/Mad King Says.. but I just died/respawned and was outta that mode and was able to go from there. Died a few times, but once you get past part 1 and get to the spider area.. just clear those out one by one and take him on. Pet (bear) and Scorpion thing tanked him decently well, enough for me to toss my heals out and space them out. Didn't get anything worth shit, but he was easy enough lol

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post

Yeah. That was it.
    Yeah, that was disappointing because of the hype. I figured, if gw1 events had a unique mask, we'd get a 1 time reward for this one the way they hyped it up. I really love GW2 as a whole, but there's no denying that ANET is better at hyping their game than designing it. Don't get me wrong. This halloween event has been phenomenal. We've had two new zones, multiple layers of added playability, and it's not even done yet. But..... damn. They talk a good game, too.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Arrgh. I give up on the clock tower, I have better shit to do. The only difficult part of it is having 10 other people standing on top of you so you can't see where you're jumping. This would take maybe, I dunno, 10 tries to memorize it and go fast enough if I could SEE where I was JUMPING. Oh well, I got a pretty burning book, gonna get the lesser one on an alt and call it an event (unless I can make it to the "party.")

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Never give up, never surrender.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Ok ... so my friend was trying on his Norn Female for 4 hours. So I jumped on his account and I swear to god it felt so sluggish ... couldn't even get 25% of the way in after over a dozen tries ... and I always fell massively behind. Hopped back to my Human Male to see if I was just imagining it ... bam 1 try, 1 win. So I forced him to make a human and no problems. Are all races not created equal?

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I didn't get Dark Reverie until I did it on a norn I was leveling, in passing -- it's just camera and perspective.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Necronus View Post
    Ok ... so my friend was trying on his Norn Female for 4 hours. So I jumped on his account and I swear to god it felt so sluggish ... couldn't even get 25% of the way in after over a dozen tries ... and I always fell massively behind. Hopped back to my Human Male to see if I was just imagining it ... bam 1 try, 1 win. So I forced him to make a human and no problems. Are all races not created equal?
    I think jumping puzzles are harder on Norn because they're so big. I might just suck at them though.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Mad King dungeon is pretty awesome. Mad King Says was annoying, but I loved the fight even though it was time consuming solo.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    I think jumping puzzles are harder on Norn because they're so big. I might just suck at them though.
    In general, Charr and Norn are at a disadvantage on jumping puzzles/vistas, yes. Larger collision boxes make for less room to maneuver. I had a particularly big issue in the colliseum room of Obsidian Sanctum, the bit where you have to jump under and around a platform to get on top of it. Lining up a giant character to land on small ledges gets pretty unfortunate sometimes too.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    In general, Charr and Norn are at a disadvantage on jumping puzzles/vistas, yes. Larger collision boxes make for less room to maneuver. I had a particularly big issue in the colliseum room of Obsidian Sanctum, the bit where you have to jump under and around a platform to get on top of it. Lining up a giant character to land on small ledges gets pretty unfortunate sometimes too.
    Good, because it's griefing other players by being a charr and norn in the jumping puzzle.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Good, because it's griefing other players by being a charr and norn in the jumping puzzle.
    We get it. You don't like norn or charr... But it's getting old having u jump at every chance possible to repeat your dislike them. It's getting to the point of you shitting up threads

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Spoiler: show

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Posted in the update thread, but in case you didn't check there:
    We want to give you a heads up about Phase 4 of the Halloween event. Phase 4 will start at 9:00 AM PDT/16:00 GMT on October 31, and will run until we publish a new build on November 1 (which will be sometime after Noon PDT/19:00 GMT).

Once Phase 4 starts, the Ascent to Madness dungeon will no longer be available – but you will still be able to enter the Mad King’s realm, including the Labyrinth, the Clocktower, Reaper’s Rumble and Lunatic Inquisition.

Also make sure that you will “Attend the Party” in Lion’s Arch once Phase 4 starts, and do not worry: It is a non-stop party, so swing by any time you want!

Happy Halloween.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    We get it. You don't like norn or charr... But it's getting old having u jump at every chance possible to repeat your dislike them. It's getting to the point of you shitting up threads
    lol

Shiyo is pretty entertaining sometimes. I never really understood the whole videogame racism thing though. I remember in ffxi playing a galka, people would make racist comments to me. It's like... doesn't that just take an incredible lack of fucking intelligence? It was always fun to make stupid jokes, but some people were seriously racist against other characters... in a video game. It's almost similar to, coming from Chicago I've known White Sox fans that hated, literally hated, Cubs fans... and vice versa. In fact I think some Sox fan got killed last summer by some Cubs fans at a kid's birthday party. It's almost like there is no definitive line below which a person's behavior can't fall. It's sad, really. Humans really are a depressing group of creatures to co-exist with.

Anyway... /rantoff

BG Level

Galka are everything that is wrong with Vana'diel.

Tagus

lol

Remember when the jp's would have a bank stolen or get mpk'd or whatever, and they would make a bunch of naked galka mules and just follow the offender around in a massive group for hours on end?

Good times.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Grats your post is shitting up the thread far more than hers.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    lol

Remember when the jp's would have a bank stolen or get mpk'd or whatever, and they would make a bunch of naked galka mules and just follow the offender around in a massive group for hours on end?

Good times.
    I am new to this phenomena. I like it however.

And I'm pretty sure nobody shits up a GW thread quite like me.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Altana is everything that is wrong with Vana'diel.
    ftfy.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

act 4 was lol