+ Reply to Thread

Speedrunning SNES Zelda + Classics for Charity Oct 20th @ InsomniacGamers!

Hello everyone!

for those of you that may not pay attention to the streaming section I'm Insomnia from InsomniacGamers. My website is http://Insomniacgamers.net

(I asked if I could post in the general video game section for charity)

On the 20th we'll be speed running classics, doing nuzlockes and other fun things for charity. The organization we are helping out is called ChildsPlayCharity. Basically what they do is get kids that are in hospitals, video games to help cope with the fact that they are stuck in a hospital. Imagine being in a hospital not knowing any life outside of the hospital walls, it would suck and their job is to make it better. (Link to their organization http://childsplaycharity.org/events#planYourOwnEvent)
    With that said this is how our current calendar is looking for the October 20th

11:00 AM - 2 PM EST: Insomnia - Speedrunning Zelda: A Link to the past (I've been practicing and I might be able to manage this in 2 hours. My times average 2 hours to 2 and a half)

2:00 AM - 5:00 PM EST: Wamsley + Insomnia Dual streaming IWBTG to race to see who can beat the guy first(Starting from the guy). The with the remainder time Wamsley will be playing something.

5:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Divagante Super Mario Bros 1 Speed Run, Super Mario Bros 3 Speed Run, and lastly Pokemon blue Nuzlocke.

8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Youtube celebrity Kilplixism

10:00 PM - 12:00 AM Aquaserge with catherine

12:00 AM - 3:00 AM Portal 2 speed run with BT

3:00 AM - 6:00 AM Chubbs doing Deus Ex for pc

The other 5 hours are to be decided!
    If no one steps up i'll probably follow in with a no death X Buster only run of megaman x. I can try for X2 but that didn't work out so well last time as I didn't play the game for over a few years before I tried that.

Normally what my website aims for is 24 hour streaming of all game genres, and we'll give away games and prizes to viewers for watching etc. For Oct 20th to Oct 21st we're going to make sure that we get 24 hours filled for sure without any gaps for the charity. We're pretty much a decent sized community streaming website and we want to give back as much as we can to the children. If you visit the website now you'll see that the website is set up for the charity event. You can donate now if you want to however the main event is going to be the 20th. We just had to set the website up before hand so ChildsPlayCharity could schedule us on their event calendar.

Again our website URL is http://insomniacgamers.net

If anyone has any questions don't be afraid to post them. I'll be trying to keep this thread updated as much as possible as the games are changed since the schedule is tentative. If you could come show your support on the 20th it would be great ^^

Just wanted to update that if anyone know who Helloween 4545 and Kilplixism they will be making an appearance as well. Klipixism will be streaming for two hours and we may or may not have 30 minutes of Halo 4 footage shown if we reach over 2k donations for the charity.

Going to be starting up the charity stream speed runs in a couple of minutes hope people can come support the charity!

streamer is going for under 5 minutes super mario bros nes and then doing a speed run of super mario bros 3

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lol this guy's cat

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    lol this guy's cat
    yea he didn't quite make it because his cat kept bugging him I think he got 6-7 minutesish, hes doing a nuzlocke of pokemon blue at the moment.

the hell is a nuzlocke

Nuzlocke

Spoiler: show
    What is the Nuzlocke Challenge and what the hell is a ‘nuzlocke?’
    If you’ve come to this site and don’t know, chances are you’re asking yourself this question right now.
    The good news is that it’s relatively simple—there are only two rules! But before we get into that, let’s get into how it all started.
    It was finals week of winter quarter 2010 for a bored not-yet webcomic artist at UC Santa Cruz. Having taken nothing but bullshit classes that quarter, he decided to entertain himself while everyone else was studying by starting a new file in his old copy of Pokemon Ruby.
    But he had grown tired of his old Pokemon games; they had become repetitive and unchallenging after many play throughs. Deciding to make the experience more interesting, he set two rules for himself:
    1. He could only capture the first Pokemon he encountered in each new area.
    2. If a Pokemon fainted he would consider it dead and release it.
    The results were unexpected; rather than simply increasing the difficulty, these rules caused him to care for his monster companions more than ever before. He found new appreciation for Pokemon he would have previously never bothered to capture, and worried deeply for his team, knowing any knockout would mean goodbye.
    Wanting to share his experience with others, he drew up a few crude comics of his adventure and posted them on the 4chan /v/ideogame board, where he had enjoyed many vidya-related comics in the past. The doodles were met with surprising approval, especially towards the Seedot/Nuzleaf that bore the image of LOST’s John Locke.
    These /v/irgins dubbed it the “Nuzlocke Challenge” and the sensation was born.
    Since then countless “Nuzlocke runs” have been attempted, completed and failed by denizens of the Internet, many of them recorded in comics or stories. This is the true magic of the Nuzlocke Challenge: everyone has a story of triumph and loss to tell.
    In case you haven’t figured it out yet, I am that bored student that so many refer to as Nuzlocke. Here you can follow comics of my own nuzlocke journey (Pokemon: Hard-Mode) or countless others created by fans, many of which are better than the original.
    So go forth and experience the Nuzlocke Challenge, either by reading these comics or taking on the challenge yourself. But be warned, challenger, there is no victory without loss.

I'm really upset with myself that I got 2:18 on zeldaa. I realized after I got to ganon's tower I forgot the arrows and I made silly mistakes from being nervous ;~; Worm boss in tower 3 I played too aggresive and fell which I normally never do and I ven did it again in ganon's tower when that one is a joke. Definitly going to brush up I normally can do it in 1:50. Stupid mistakes. . .

Anywho thanks to all that came we're still doing streaming and you're able to donate until 11:59 PM EST today and thats when the chipin to Child's Play paypal will be closed!