Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Alright, I finished it. Someone talk to me.

Spoiler: show

So I'm sitting there on the roof with Johnny, staring at these shit ass options that are presented to me. I would have loved to choose the Arasaka option just to use the lady to get me inside easily, but it was very clear that this was the "sellout" option and I couldn't. That left me with Panam and Johnny. I did not want to involve Panam as it seemed like this would make it end poorly for the "romance" (and figured it probably meant them killing her off). That left me with nothing but Johnny, so I rolled with it because I felt like I had to. I had already given him control for a few sidequests so meh... maybe that's why that was there.

Holy shit, what an unsatisfying conclusion. I got "Path of Glory" where Rogue dies. I let V go to his body even though he won't last. Panam fucking leaves, and I go on some spacewalk for a gig instead (???? WHAT WHY). Takemura calls during the credits and tells me to rot in hell, which I assume is a result of not being a "sellout"... even though I liked him more as the rogue ANTI-SELLOUT option his entire story. And of course, in true cyberpunk fashion, the ending glitched and I was forced to reload after being stuck here:

Honestly the only thing about the ending that I liked was the Peralez call during the credits.. great way to tie up that sidequest and I'm glad there was a payoff of some kind. But I'm pretty sure I would have gotten this with ANY ending.

Naturally after this being so disappointing I looked up the other endings. A little annoyed to find the "secret" option was locked behind idling on the menu (five minutes????). I had it available to my playthrough and I DEFINITELY would have thought this was the best choice, I just didn't wait because why the hell would I. However when it all plays out it doesn't even change anything except Rogue surviving. I still would have gotten Path of Glory where Panam bails and I'm doing some dumb ass space walk for no reason. It seems like the "happy" ending with the romance is tied to having Panam help you no matter who you romanced? I would have never chosen that since I romanced Panam and was CONVINCED it meant her doom. And letting Johnny take the body doesn't seem like it has any payoff at all? STRAIGHT MALE V IS SCREWED.
    They rationalized the wait time for the secret ending as V having a hard time deciding on which of his friends to take with them on a mission that could very well mean their death. I've compared these endings to how Mass Effect 3 made people feel, the overall outcomes not so different and bungled what was a pretty good game before hand. The thing with Takemura calling you in the ending and being pissed at you is because of the destroyed Arasaka stuff, if you noticed he is standing in what looks like a ruined and broken room with sparks shooting from the walls.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hi Celeras,

We wanted to let you know our team reviewed your content, and we think it violates our sex and nudity policy. We know you may not have realized this was a violation of our policies, so we're not applying a strike to your channel. However, we have removed the following content from YouTube:

Video: Cyberpunk 2077 2021 01 04 22 43 33 34 Dvr 1
    Lol FFS. Here's a mirror for the glitch video under that spoiler tag: https://streamable.com/mvcv8u I appealed but who the fuck knows how long that takes. It's from an ending but nothing actually spoiler-y in it... just lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    They rationalized the wait time for the secret ending as V having a hard time deciding on which of his friends to take with them on a mission that could very well mean their death. I've compared these endings to how Mass Effect 3 made people feel, the overall outcomes not so different and bungled what was a pretty good game before hand. The thing with Takemura calling you in the ending and being pissed at you is because of the destroyed Arasaka stuff, if you noticed he is standing in what looks like a ruined and broken room with sparks shooting from the walls.
    So Takemura is pissed regardless of ending, then? Lame.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Lol FFS. Here's a mirror for the glitch video under that spoiler tag: https://streamable.com/mvcv8u I appealed but who the fuck knows how long that takes. It's from an ending but nothing actually spoiler-y in it... just lulz.

Only if you side against Arasaka, which is all of them but one.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Zalrik21 View Post
    Only if you side against Arasaka, which is all of them but one.
    Ah, well yeah then it's like I originally said lol. That is totally the sellout ending. I guess it makes sense I just had him pegged as the "rogue with honor" guy after what happened to boss man. I liked the character, shame he remains the corpo shill.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Hakkar

Ah, well yeah then it's like I originally said lol. That is totally the sellout ending. I guess it makes sense I just had him pegged as the "rogue with honor" guy after what happened to boss man. I liked the character, shame he remains the corpo shill.
    Nah, everything he was doing was in the best interest in the company/head family, in his eyes anyway. He still has loyalty to the family/company, he just understands that the son is the poison corrupting the body and needed to be dealt with, not the company as a whole.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Inception

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

On my PS5 I get random crashes driving to new missions and such. Also the stupid Delamain missions don’t work for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

I'm assuming this is a screenshot from the video IC posted, but posting it for relevant tidbit.
    https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...63827688013826

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Lets all believe a corporation! They made The Witcher 3, guys! It was bug-free on launch, guys! We love and trust them just like a real person because they did a thing we like that one time, guys!
    The corporation that made a game about not trusting corporations is asking you to trust the corporation that made the game.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Yoooo the next gen versions aren't coming out for basically a full year? They were off on their planning by over a year? Heads need to rollllll

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Dear gamers,

We are committed to fixing bugs and crashes and will continue to work and improve the game via future updates to make sure you are enjoying the game regardless of the platform.

We will use this space to inform you about the progress being made on Cyberpunk 2077’s further development, including information about updates and improvements, free DLCs, and more.

Below, you’ll find CD PROJEKT’s co-founder’s personal explanation of what the days leading up to the launch of Cyberpunk 2077 looked like, sharing the studio’s perspective on what happened with the game on old-generation consoles.

Thank you, CD Projekt RED

FAQ

Q: Why is there such a gap between PC versions of Cyberpunk 2077 and old-gen consoles?

A: Cyberpunk 2077 is huge in scope, it features a multitude of custom objects, interacting systems and mechanics. In the game, everything is not stretched out over flat terrain where we can make things less taxing hardware-wise, but condensed in one big city and in a relatively loading-free environment. We made it even more difficult for ourselves by first wanting to make the game look epic on PCs and then adjusting it to consoles — especially old-gens. That was our core assumption. And things did not look super difficult at first, while we knew the hardware gap, ultimately, time has proven that we’ve underestimated the task.

Q: What was the main issue that made development for consoles that difficult?

A: The main culprit was having to constantly improve our in-game streaming system for old-gen consoles. Streaming is responsible for “feeding” the engine with what you see on screen, as well as the game mechanics. Since the city is so packed and the disk bandwidth of old-gen consoles is what it is, this is something that constantly challenged us.

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.

Q: What have you done since launch to make the game better?

A: Our top priority since launch has been to fix bugs in Cyberpunk 2077. We have already released three hotfixes which have improved the game, but these are just the beginning.

Q: What are you going to do going forward to fix Cyberpunk 2077?

A: We are focused on fixing the bugs and crashes players are experiencing across every platform. You can expect more in the way of patches — both small and large — to be released regularly. The first update will drop in the next 10 days, and it will be followed by a larger, more significant update, in the weeks after. Our plans for supporting Cyberpunk 2077 in the long-term are unchanged, and we will continue to introduce updates and patches to give all players across all consoles and PCs a better experience with the game.

Q: You have said there would be free DLC for the game in ‘early 2021’, will this be impacted by improvements?

A: We’re still planning on releasing free DLC for the game, just like with The Witcher 3. However, we have decided that our priority is working on the most important fixes and updates. We will be releasing free DLC afterwards — we’ll have more to say about that in the coming months.

Q: When can we expect the next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077?

A: For those who are playing the game on next-gen consoles via backwards compatibility, we are planning the free, next-gen update for Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox Series consoles, and PlayStation 5, this year. We’re aiming for the second half of the year and we’ll reveal more when we have more to share.

Q: Are you making the team crunch to work on the patches?

A: The team is working to bring relevant fixes to the game without any obligatory overtime. Avoiding crunch on all of our future projects is one of our top priorities.

Q: When is the game coming back to PlayStation Store?

A: We are working on fixes and updates, and are working with Sony to bring Cyberpunk 2077 back to PlayStation Store as soon as possible.

Q: What is the status of the Help Me Refund initiative?

A: The initiative is progressing according to plan and we just sent out the first wave of reimbursements.
    https://en.cdprojektred.com/news/cyb...nt-to-quality/

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That Q&A is embarrassing and clearly full of blatantly lying. He'd have been better off not saying anything.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Q: Didn’t you test old-gen consoles to keep tabs on the experience?

A: We did. As it turned out, our testing did not show many of the issues you experienced while playing the game. As we got closer to launch, we saw significant improvements each and every day, and we really believed we’d deliver in the final day zero update.

Q: Why was there a gap between PC and console reviews?

A: We started sending out PC review keys to start the review process in the first week of December. Come December 10th, launch day, we had a really good start with PC reviews, and while it’s not perfect, this is a version of the game we were, and still are, very proud of. When it comes to the review process for consoles, at the same time PC codes were sent out we were still working hard to improve the quality of the game on old-gen consoles. Every extra day that we worked on the day zero update brought visible improvement — that’s why we started sending console codes for reviews on the 8th December, which was later than we had planned.
    This right here is fucking insulting and I hope to God not only do investors sue the fuck out of them, but I hope MS and Sony fuck their shit up too. Your testing didnt show many of the same bugs the rest of the world saw, following your game going gold AND being delayed? Fuck youuuu. You even now admit you let the game go gold knowing full well the PC version wasn't up to snuff even with a day 1 patch, and the consoles were even farther behind?

Def not touching another cdpr game at launch knowing this is how management lies about their products. I'll wait for all the free shit and fixes you're going to make anyways cause management loves leaving money on the table.

I didn't think marketing and PR was so hard. Just shut up and fix the game, unless it's an update about patches I doubt anyone really cares for their blatant lies so I'm glad this is all backfiring. What's done is done, people would naturally forget like they always do but CDPR keeps poking the hornets nest.

Tho saying shit like "our testing didn't show the same bugs" like what really? You never just...played the final build are you shitting me? I'm dying reading this Q&A

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I can totally see this clueless exec look at things like cutting out AI and being like see, we made progress and our goal was met so we're moving on to the next thing to make release in time, not realizing that cutting AI is blasphemy and even if you shipped without bugs that the lack of AI is glaring and takes away from the game.

Dude totally comes off as a project manager who has never played his own companies games when he gives answers in a Q&A like that. Since I assume that isn't the case, I assume he's lying to investors again to save their asses.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'd assume it's more that he has to word things in such a wat as to not provide any ammunition for lawyers.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Aiii this would explain why they put out such a bullshit Q&A in the manner and time they did

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...561738754?s=19

Can't believe I gotta wait at least a year for the next gen version. I really do hope they get sued to oblivion, or at the least they ouster some management from their publically traded company.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Schreier putting in that work.