1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The only time I'd turn the music on, other than for cutscenes, was when I was in zi'tah.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    The only time I'd turn the music on, other than for cutscenes, was when I was in zi'tah.
    I usually play without music but if I listen to it outside of the game itself there's this huge nostalgia feeling about it... even if I can still play.
    That's what made Theatrythm FF an amazing trip, lots of nostalgic feelings in there.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by manako View Post
    No more kitty time for me.
    Blasphemy! Needs more miqo'te females!~

Also, as for the JP model viewer/dat miner tool, if the guy that makes it gets it. I'm sure he will update his tool to work with the alpha of FFXIV 2.0, as he is "still" regularly updating the current tool and has not given up on his project, like the other tools.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Blasphemy! Needs more miqo'te females!~.
    Ya.. Female Miqo'te for life here.. I really dont like the look of the males tbh. Too Metro for me.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    The file structure I assume would be different so the dat mining tool would not be able to find the dat files.
    im interested in this too cos i wanna see how/where the music files are placed. me and amagicalkarp could then work on music rips for everyone from ARR.

also, why are people talking about Zi'tah on loop with AV..? it doesn't have a natural loop that can't be replicated by just taking the MP3 and putting it on repeat.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    im interested in this too cos i wanna see how/where the music files are placed. me and amagicalkarp could then work on music rips for everyone from ARR.

also, why are people talking about Zi'tah on loop with AV..? it doesn't have a natural loop that can't be replicated by just taking the MP3 and putting it on repeat.
    Aren't the tracks suppose to blend in and out of each other with different sections and pieces selected or written for the area? It'll be interesting to see how that is implemented in game. Hopefully mining them will be simple enough, or rather, more simple than how 1.0 handled their music files *shudder*

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    Aren't the tracks suppose to blend in and out of each other with different sections and pieces selected or written for the area? It'll be interesting to see how that is implemented in game. Hopefully mining them will be simple enough, or rather, more simple than how 1.0 handled their music files *shudder*
    The tracks are supposed to gradually "fade out" as you get away from aetherites. I guess they could mix up if different aetherites are present.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i believe there will be a number of tracks per area perhaps that might work on the same general riff or melody but with varying levels of instrumentation... maybe 2-3 for each type.

it probably will be pretty simple since its just fading in and out for ambient effect.
    the way 1.0 music worked was ok.. they just faded into tracks that needed abrupt starts too much early on (battle music). I actually did like the fading but thats most likely not going to happen apart from within zone/regions since the world is no longer "seamless".

the only innovation i really noticed in 1.0 are the dual-tracks used in the dungeons, which is the same as FFXIII-2's area music + aggressive mix.

It really can't get too much more complicated than that.. they're still gonna be using prerecorded music. won't have problems ripping it like say iMuse back in the day.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Alpha Tester Acceptance Mails Heading Out! (10/23/2012)

I need that version of the prelude from the new character creation video. It was beautiful!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Kononeko View Post
    character creation video
    Huh?

Unique and/or Creative Phrase
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kononeko View Post
    I need that version of the prelude from the new character creation video. It was beautiful!
    Gotta disagree. While the first half the music is pretty decent, it devolves into a muddled over-produced mess that is nothing like what the crystal theme normally is. I don't mind it being heavily arranged, but I do mind it being needlessly over-complicated.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'd have to agree with that sentiment. After a few minutes into the video it seemed as though there were two tracks being played at the same time. Certainly made for a track that was too complex.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Alpha Tester Acceptance Mails Heading Out! (10/23/2012)

Different strokes for different folks. I still like it.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

2:15

3 times as many voices as before it seems

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was excited about the voices. Which of course those are done real early in production so it makes you wonder what they haven't shown us for the character creator. I love being optimistic. Makes me want to get a peek at the beta creator so bad. Oh. Some of you people need to go listen to a song from most Final Fantasy games called "Prelude". But be careful it might be way too complex for you.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I love what they made with the song before the prelude from :20-:40

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

First stress test is going on right now or soon? Wonder if there will be any videos leaked.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The officially-released gameplay video is probably a more recent build than what Alpha testers have right now.
    Stanislav listed a pretty extensive list of the current Alpha build's restrictions (no weather, no time change, two races, level cap, no scenes, worthless attributes/algorithms, etc.) that make any leaked video kinda' meh in terms of containing new info.

My interest will be piqued when we get to see a new zone, new mob, Arcanist, a more in-depth synthesis/gathering spotlight, limit breaks, or something...

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Very true I guess. Was hoping maybe we might see other small specific areas of Grid that we havnt seen yet.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    The officially-released gameplay video is probably a more recent build than what Alpha testers have right now.
    Stanislav listed a pretty extensive list of the current Alpha build's restrictions (no weather, no time change, two races, level cap, no scenes, worthless attributes/algorithms, etc.) that make any leaked video kinda' meh in terms of containing new info.

My interest will be piqued when we get to see a new zone, new mob, Arcanist, a more in-depth synthesis/gathering spotlight, limit breaks, or something...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast