1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 22 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 11 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm really disappointed at the lack of alpha info leaks, i've been all over google and obscure jp sites all morning and can't find shit. I thought I heard something about another letter from Yoshi soon, but there hasn't been anything decent posted today.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Which is surprising considering 1.0 alpha shit was leaked all the time. But this team seems real season on not letting any leaks out.

Which is good.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I'm really disappointed at the lack of alpha info leaks, i've been all over google and obscure jp sites all morning and can't find shit. I thought I heard something about another letter from Yoshi soon, but there hasn't been anything decent posted today.
    I can't vouch for it personally since I wasn't up when it happened but some JP players were giving some impressions on 2ch and said there were people trying to put up live streams only to get promptly banned lol.

Edit: Forgot I posted this earlier this week so I decided to remove it due to the NDA notice, don't want to get this site in trouble.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That hadn't dawned on me... We haven't seen the inside of new/old Gridania yet. I'm surprised that screens of it haven't been flying around.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Which is surprising considering 1.0 alpha shit was leaked all the time. But this team seems real season on not letting any leaks out.

Which is good.
    90% of the leaks came from NA

Wait till EU and NA get in the Alpha and beta

Leaks will come out of everything

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

People doing streams, should have edited out their name.. or hide it >.>

New Merits
    BG Level

Anyone have an idea on what the specs will be for this new 2.0 version? Building a PC, would like to run this on max settings with no issues.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Deelo View Post
    Anyone have an idea on what the specs will be for this new 2.0 version? Building a PC, would like to run this on max settings with no issues.
    Supposedly they are lowering requirements to run FFXIV so shouldn't take much, but if you "just want to be sure" best bet, is to get the most expensive PC parts possible and overclock! (not kidding btw) mainly CPU and video card

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post

Actually there are leaks all over the place, you just need to look harder..lol

I would post them here but I don't want to get BG in trouble of anything, unless someone tells me it is ok to post them.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    The officially-released gameplay video is probably a more recent build than what Alpha testers have right now.
    Stanislav listed a pretty extensive list of the current Alpha build's restrictions (no weather, no time change, two races, level cap, no scenes, worthless attributes/algorithms, etc.) that make any leaked video kinda' meh in terms of containing new info.

My interest will be piqued when we get to see a new zone, new mob, Arcanist, a more in-depth synthesis/gathering spotlight, limit breaks, or something...
    *ahem*

=P

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    Actually there are leaks all over the place, you just need to look harder..lol

I would post them here but I don't want to get BG in trouble of anything, unless someone tells me it is ok to post them.
    Please do not post any alpha leaks or any NDA material.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Did BG sign an NDA in exchange for something?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I doubt it. I'm pretty certain BG just prefers to remain in good standing with S-E so we don't fuck up the potential of future interviews or any exclusive anything. I know BG will never be an "official" fan site because of the refusal to let them mod posts and remove NSFW material, but even as things are now, they acknowledge this being a pretty important center for FFXI/FFXIV information (and do continue to browse these forums for player feedback).

Pay No Attention to the Man Behind the Curtain
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ragns Meuhie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

NDA, DMCA and C&D aren't synonyms and aren't interchangeable.

Since BG is owned and hosted in Canada this could give us bigger opportunities to be assholes with SE but we decided otherwise.

Ragns, have my pony babies!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

DMCA and C&D are much bigger issues than the NDA for a site owner. I'm not subject to the NDA either but I won't be posting any leaks on my FFXIV site, even though I know it would do wonders for traffic.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Look at it this way
    C&D = Next step they can probably sue you in some way if they wanted to
    DMCA = they can shut down your site through court order if they wanted to
    thats "if" you don't comply when they send you one to remove X material
    This isn't something new, its been around for years, and pretty much anything in the USA has to comply with it (or using a USA based domain such as .COM and .NET) or face the wrath of a court, and considering SE has money, they can toss around court orders, if they deem something serious enough they will do it

Considering BG is a big FFXI/FFXIV fan site, its pretty much monitored by SE alot, and most likely has gotten a DMCA and or C&D in the past for something from SE, its best to play it safe and be on the safe side and not have SE "want" to court order some form of punishment for "repeat offender"

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Ragns View Post
    NDA, DMCA and C&D aren't synonyms and aren't interchangeable.

Since BG is owned and hosted in Canada this could give us bigger opportunities to be assholes with SE but we decided otherwise.

Canadians taking over the world 1 day at a time...lol

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

It's not like there's anything that we havn't already seen in Alpha that Yoshida hasn't already shown us and i'm pretty sure that people bought and played the game will be getting priority on Beta access so we'll get to see for ourselves soon enough. This isn't like the original 1.0 alpha where we know absolutely nothing about the game other than stuff we read in interviews so there was a huge demand to see leaks for that. However, the days of SE being completely closed off to it's potential playerbase without any interaction whatsoever are long gone and we now have the luxury of letters from the producers, developer posts on forum and developer videos showing us exactly what they are doing and working on. It's not like we're out in the cold starving waiting for Yoshida to throw us some crackers as he's about to throw us T-Bone steaks on the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    It's not like there's anything that we havn't already seen in Alpha that Yoshida hasn't already shown us and i'm pretty sure that people bought and played the game will be getting priority on Beta access so we'll get to see for ourselves soon enough. This isn't like the original 1.0 alpha where we know absolutely nothing about the game other than stuff we read in interviews so there was a huge demand to see leaks for that. However, the days of SE being completely closed off to it's potential playerbase without any interaction whatsoever are long gone and we now have the luxury of letters from the producers, developer posts on forum and developer videos showing us exactly what they are doing and working on. It's not like we're out in the cold starving waiting for Yoshida to throw us some crackers as he's about to throw us T-Bone steaks on the 11th.
    Yeah, pretty much everything I've seen around it's stuff we already know from Yoshi. The video Yoshi showed at TGS is what alpha is, we've seen combat system, etc. I dont think they even planning to add any hot ticket items till beta.