Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

WTS Apple Care - Mac Pro

Sister purchased a new macbook pro a few months ago, and also purchased a apple care warranty with it.

Turns out, she received a apple care warranty for a Mac Pro and not a macbook pro. Since she purchased it from a authorized retailer (microcenter) apple is of no help, and the retailer is blowing me off saying i'm trying to scam them.

So trying to sell this warranty, and recoup some of my sisters money.

$200 OBO

Will just provide the serial key, that you need to activate.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

They seriously won't change it? I'm sure if you go into the store they will exchange it like, I would really try at this a bit more before selling it off. Not saying you didn't do everything you could but have you tried going into the store and talking to a manager or something? Bring the receipt, or the code and the receipt or maybe a bank account transaction. I would still try to not sell it off until absolutely necessary.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Re: WTS Apple Care - Mac Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    They seriously won't change it? I'm sure if you go into the store they will exchange it like, I would really try at this a bit more before selling it off. Not saying you didn't do everything you could but have you tried going into the store and talking to a manager or something? Bring the receipt, or the code and the receipt or maybe a bank account transaction. I would still try to not sell it off until absolutely necessary.
    I'll run into a apple store and see what they say, I called apple customer service the other day and they told me if it was purchased from them they would swap it, but since I didn't I'M SOL

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I mean, I have a macbook pro and I havn't had any problems with it for 1 year or so now. I completely understand the desire to have the apple care plan, and it comes with a lot of cool little things too like you can go into the store at any time and someone can show you how to operate new programs or apps whatever you download etc. I just really can't see them dicking you like that if it was an honest mistake. You paid the money... you bought the product...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    I mean, I have a macbook pro and I havn't had any problems with it for 1 year or so now.
    MacBook Pros tend to have issues 2-3yrs in its life, courtesy to them typically running at stupid high temperatures under load (or Flash...), which never fares well for component life.

My model (2007) suffered from its nVidia chipset killing themselves around the 3yr mark ($1.6k for board replacement, Apple covered mine under 'manufacturing problem'). The following model with the dual-GPU had the flickering screen issue. Was something wrong with the first AMD line of MacBook Pros also, but I can't remember specifically the issue. Too early for the retina-display models to exhibit any problems yet, but I'm curious to see the trend for those also since they're running in really cramp conditions.

Suffice to say, never hurts to throw $400 more at your already expensive purchase just so you don't regret not buying a Windows Laptop at a third/fourth of the price instead.