+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Side Projects     submit to reddit submit to twitter

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Star Wars: Side Projects

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/disn...-wars-creator/
    Disney has just confirmed that it has agreed to acquire George Lucas’ Lucasfilm Ltd, and that includes rights to the Star Wars franchise. The companies have also targeted a 2015 release for Star Wars: Episode 7. The stock and cash transaction is worth an estimated $4.05 billion. MORE TO COME

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Yay more Plinkett Reviews of Star Wars films.

Fuck, JarJar singalong time. -.-

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Star Wars 7 in 2015 (that's quick...) makes you wonder what Lucasfilm already had in the pipeline regarding SW7 (8/9/???).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Cant be worse than prequels.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by SDSD View Post
    Star Wars 7 in 2015 (that's quick...) makes you wonder what Lucasfilm already had in the pipeline regarding SW7 (8/9/???).
    I haven't read the sw books so I don't remember the name of the trilogy, but there's one where Luke goes to the dark side and then comes back at the end. For years (even before 1-3 came out) I've always heard that was what Lucas originally planned for 7-9 (not sure if the trilogy is canon or if the writer heard that and came up with what he thought would have happened).

[edit] outside of the SW universe, I think this is a good move for disney. I think they got a bump in finances when they bought marvel, so I think they're on the right track.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Expanded universe could work. I actually like it.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Fuck, JarJar singalong time. -.-
    You realize Disney is behind all of the Marvel movies in recent years, right? This is a good thing.

Lucas will have creative supervision, but not control.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I haven't read the sw books so I don't remember the name of the trilogy, but there's one where Luke goes to the dark side and then comes back at the end. For years (even before 1-3 came out) I've always heard that was what Lucas originally planned for 7-9 (not sure if the trilogy is canon or if the writer heard that and came up with what he thought would have happened).

[edit] outside of the SW universe, I think this is a good move for disney. I think they got a bump in finances when they bought marvel, so I think they're on the right track.
    Do you mean the Thrawn trilogy? Those are definitely the strongest of the novels but Luke doesn't go full on dark side.

There's also the Dark Empire trilogy of comics where Luke falls to the power of the dark side, temporarily, ending up as the commander of the Imperial Fleet.

Hopefully the new movie doesn't go around blowing up canon established through novels/comics. Some of them are quite good.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Yay it's out of the hands of the batshit insane man.
    Though, being Disney, doubt we'll see the proper versions of 4-6 released. If we get Jar-Jar 2.0 though, Disney will probably be slightly more capable of not fucking it up.

However, I am considerably worried about the growing size of Disney's pop culture portfolio. This will only strengthen the urge for them to push something that makes the Mickey Mouse Protection Act look like small beans. (And Steamboat Willie's current term is up in right about a decade, tick tock on movement.)

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

There are a number of directions this could go in the expanded universe. I would not be very surprised if they followed some of the Young Jedi Knight plotlines - it has everything, and it helps target the youth audience as well. There's a Chewie clone, some romance, some turnan' to the dark side, etc.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just as long as there's no Star Wars in my Kingdom Hearts D:

I pullout to go pee.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle
    WoW Realm
    Winterhoof

Mixed emotions...happy/scared lol. Hopefully they wont completely butcher this like 1-3

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Imagine if they tapped Whedon to direct. Probably won't happen, but holy shit if it did.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Good news is no more Lucas fucking it up.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Kyle Katarn gogo

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by bechyni View Post
    Mixed emotions...happy/scared lol. Hopefully they wont completely butcher this like 1-3
    this. not sure how i feel on this

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

disney had a careful hand in the avengers movie and the current lineup of marvel movies
    I can trust them with this, theyve already proven that listening to the fans and hiring the biggest nerds possible is the right thing to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast