+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Maribel will grow on you. give her time she's meant to be really obnoxious at the beginning, though. and it takes a while before you start to see the other sides of her character.

also, I seem to remember the boss of the fourth island being brutal. I remembered right >_> two attacks per turn and hits like a truck. fair warning to all of you he was worse in the original if I remember correctly though; I think he always attacked twice instead of just occasionally. I beat him first try this time around, without much prep, level 11~12ish. he definitely gave me a game over on the PSX

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I hope so. I mean strike one against the game was the hero's dumb hat (look, I just have a thing against dumb hats. It's my shtick). Second was Maribel.

Other than that though, I am digging it for the most part. If there is a ninja job I am reclassing Maribel to that.

You all should know why.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    I hope so. I mean strike one against the game was the hero's dumb hat (look, I just have a thing against dumb hats. It's my shtick). Second was Maribel.

Other than that though, I am digging it for the most part. If there is a ninja job I am reclassing Maribel to that.

You all should know why.

I think pirate is the closest to ninja. Then again...its a pirate. Why would you want anything else with such an awesome hat?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I will reclass the main character to pirate to give him the hat he deserves.

So in Alltrades Present I found a pries that let's you name change. Gabo GOOOOOOOO.....

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    So in Alltrades Present I found a pries that let's you name change. Gabo GOOOOOOOO.....
    BEST NEWS I'VE GOTTEN ALL DAY

Need some help please. The time loop boss is kicking my butt. The egypt boss before him did as well but I managed to finally down him. What jobs are you guys using for early game (early being when you get jobs). I'm currently warrior/songstress/thief.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok you were right, I am warming up to the cast.

I'm only a little ways in (at the gypsy camp), but I am definitely seeing why people liked this game so much.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there a list of locked chests that thief key opens?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Need some help please. The time loop boss is kicking my butt. The egypt boss before him did as well but I managed to finally down him. What jobs are you guys using for early game (early being when you get jobs). I'm currently warrior/songstress/thief.
    Honestly, I used the slime tablet to master all basic jobs on Hero/Maribel/Gabo.

Clogs up the menu, but the utility is pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    Honestly, I used the slime tablet to master all basic jobs on Hero/Maribel/Gabo.

Clogs up the menu, but the utility is pretty nice.
    I thought about that but decided I didn't want to bother and now am over the level cap for that one (I think level 18). Blah. I guess I'll just level a little more. The extra agility should help.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How does the Hero class work on this? I'm reading that advanced & intermediate abilities don't follow over, so does that mean it doesn't matter which 3 classes I use to make a Hero? Should I just keep Maribel as a Summoner/Druid?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Veikuri View Post
    How does the Hero class work on this? I'm reading that advanced & intermediate abilities don't follow over, so does that mean it doesn't matter which 3 classes I use to make a Hero? Should I just keep Maribel as a Summoner/Druid?
    Base Class skill and Monster Class skills carry over regardless of job. Intermediate and Advanced Class skills are locked to that class.

That said, the Advanced skills generally learn most of the skills from the required Intermediate classes. They at least learn the important ones for the majority (Thin Air, Boulder Toss, Hustle Dance, etc).

I'm actually almost done class grinding. Everyone but Gabo has been done for a while, but god grinding up Platinum King is tough.

Hero - Hero
    Maribel - Druid
    Gabo - Platinum King
    Aishe - Champion

140 hours in and im almost done.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How far am I from getting a 4th party member again? -_-

I'm in the desert world.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

you guys reminded me to pick this game back up

I remember being in Falrish

but my latest save is in L'arca

not a big deal, but... sigh. must have forgotten to save and left it on sleep mode instead :/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    How far am I from getting a 4th party member again? -_-

I'm in the desert world.
    Spoiler: show
    Well, Melvin joins around the time you're able to do 2-3 tablets in any order through a small side quest.

And then if memory serves right:
    Maribel leaves shortly after that.
    You get Aishe upon completion of all but 1 or 2 tablets. That may include the first few sky ones.
    Melvin leaves after resurrecting the "Almighty".
    Maribel rejoins when Estard is covered in darkness.

I honestly can't remember which desert phase Melvin joins in. Theres like 4 throughout the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6