1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

I wonder if shiva will have headbutt instead of her double slap move. Those spikes look like they could impale an ogre though the heart. lol <_<

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Beyond the Beyond was terrible imo lol
    Them's fightin' words.

Just came here to say this (I know everyone's saying it but Square probably lurks and I think it's important this gets reiterated): I don't think the character animations are acceptable and I hope Square-Enix is working on them. Please, please, please work on this, Square. Everything else is looking pretty good, the story, the character models, the style, music, even the engine looks good. Just please promise us that you will take some time during the next few months to look at character animations.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Yoshida has already stated in interviews that animations have yet to be finalized and are going through refinements and touch-ups. There are some posts that mention this in the last few pages of the "Comments from the Devs" thread.

Good to hear!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The biggest part that's missing is the blending of animations where it will interrupt wherever your character's skeleton is positioned during one animation and smoothly move it to where your new animation is beginning.

I think a vast majority of the current animation complaints will cease once that's fully implemented.

Not sure how they'd fix this but the running in place concerns me and the characters disappearing and reappearing is annoying to me.

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Running in place could be on of those blend animations they are referring to. Or that could just be the way they decided to animate a character turning in place. In 1.0 a character would turn without any animation when the player panned their camera while in 1st person. The animation certainly wasn't clean. However, in this instance it seems they locked camera panning to the player, which causes it to move. We'll be able to experience how this works when we get our hands on the alpha ourselves. I doubt it will be the final product though.

As for characters reappearing and disappearing? Well that is probably the result of a million people hovering around Yoshida in an alpha version of the game. This will probably be resolved to some extent, but it will inevitably occur with so many players in your immediate area at one time. Hardware limitations are going to be reached at some point. This also happened in FFXI as well and happens in plenty of other games that are graphics intensive.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I'm pretty annoyed that people are seriously complaining about anything they can find in an ALPHA version of this game. If I have to see one more complaint about the character animations I'm going to strangle myself with my own intestines.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    I wonder if shiva will have headbutt instead of her double slap move. Those spikes look like they could impale an ogre though the heart. lol <_<
    If SE has learned anything, she'll have plenty of moves and abilities, just like every other modern MMO. Enough of this "Summons are special so they have 2 attacks that you have to wait minutes to perform" nonsense.

Re: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IV (11/02/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    I'm pretty annoyed that people are seriously complaining about anything they can find in an ALPHA version of this game. If I have to see one more complaint about the character animations I'm going to strangle myself with my own intestines.
    I heard this from so many people during the 1.0 Alpha and beta. At least Square is listening to us this go-round.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Wurtbad View Post
    I heard this from so many people during the 1.0 Alpha and beta. At least Square is listening to us this go-round.
    It's sad that I don't want to agree with you, but it's so true

I mean, everything looks great... Just, dem animations need some TLC. The game doesn't have to be perfect by any means. I expect certain things will take time to get addressed/fixed but that's what fixes, patches, expansions are for. Just, it's painfully obvious they need to spend more time during this big testing phase working specifically on the animations of the player characters. It is known. I will shut up about it going forward since I feel like I'm beating a dead horse at this point but by no means do I think this new version of the game is all bad and am trying to find anything to complain about. I am genuinely concerned about the problem. In fact, provided the game has plenty of content upon launch, I would say it's already (even in it's infancy with ALPHA) looking fairly polished. A rarity among games nowadays. They have a lot of resources at their disposal and it shows.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They've said animations will be improved in beta. Don't expect changed in alpha for that stuff.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

This is what, the third or forth time animations have been brought up since Yoshia clarified the situation? Perhaps we need a sticky or something....

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
    This is what, the third or forth time animations have been brought up since Yoshia clarified the situation? Perhaps we need a sticky or something....
    Tell that to the official forums... ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    Tell that to the official forums... ._.
    Trying to tell the OF anything is like bashing your skull against a brick wall.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Superior MMO community.

I'VE CHOSEN A TITLE FOR THE LIKES OF YOU!
    BG Level

Either that, or the moderators ban you for saying the right thing while the other official-forum-silly-person continues on their rampage.

Based on some stories I remember reading on here...