• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

2012 MLB Offseason Thread: This thread gets worse ratings than a Giant's World Series

Well the World Series is done, the Giants dominated the Tigers despite the world sadly not watching what real baseball is all about. Ozzie Guillen has been fired, gold gloves have been announced. And now to the fun part of the season, where hope blooms eternal for every team not named the Cubs, where Theo will try to continue his magic of turning the Cubs into loveable winners, and maybe just maybe the Pirates will finish above .500 this year.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I can't wait to see Rube drop 7/$150 on Josh Hamilton and trade our entire farm for Chase Headley.

sauce
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Re: 2012 MLB Offseason Thread: This thread gets worse ratings then a Giant's World Series

Not to mention the Astros moving to the AL west, and interleague all year long because of the fucked up scheduling that causes

sauce
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Re: 2012 MLB Offseason Thread: This thread gets worse ratings then a Giant's World Series

The astros new/old mascot confuses me. It looks like a failed attempt at an Olympic mascot

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I really don't mind the Astro's moving. Was it really fair for the AL west to only have 4 teams and the NL Central to have 6? Something needed to be done to balance that out.

Also A's resigned Bartolo Colon to a 3m 1 year contract.

sauce
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

It's just how unfairly the Astros were treated to force them into moving. MLB basically told them they would not approve the sale of the team unless they switched leagues.

Un-Rad Conrad
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Soa View Post
    I can't wait to see Rube drop 7/$150 on Josh Hamilton and trade our entire farm for Chase Headley.
    shut up SHUT UP

*than.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by pohibaba View Post
    *than.
    I can't change it, need a mod to. This is what happens when I make threads as I'm rushing out the door for work.

Thought I'd make some (lolwrong) predictions on where some top free agents are gonna land:

Josh Hamilton: Brewers
    Zach Greinke: Dodgers
    Michael Bourn: Nationals
    B.J. Upton: Phillies
    Anibal Sanchez: Yankees
    Angel Pagan: Giants
    Melkey Cabrera: Giants
    Adam LaRoche: Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    I can't change it, need a mod to. This is what happens when I make threads as I'm rushing out the door for work.
    Normally, I wouldn't care. But seeing it on the front page for the next five months would drive me insane.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

You really think the Giants are going to sign Melkey? I'd almost think they'd focus on Pagan and make a run at Bourn and switch him to right and non tender Pence.

I might just be more hopeful than anything. He's probably going to sign a one year deal to prove he can still play, and I think it's going to be great value for whoever gets him. I hope to the gods we don't sign Bourn. That's a tragedy waiting to happen.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If the Giants wanted melky back they would have let him play last year

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I guess my way too early and probably completely wrong FA predictions for the top 10 are:

1. Zack Greinke - Angels
    2. Josh Hamilton - Orioles
    3. Michael Bourne - Nationals
    4. Anibal Sanchez - Tigers
    5. BJ Upton - Phillies
    6. Nick Swisher - Mariners
    7. Edwin Jackson - Brewers
    8. Dan Haren - Indians
    9. Hiroki Kuroda - Yankees
    10. Kyle Loshe - Blue Jays

I did these off the top of my head so if even half are right I'd be shocked.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I hope Bossman Junior goes to Philly, can't wait to hear about another lazy, unmotivated player being a team cancer. /jeffcarter'd

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

i love this thread title

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I hope Bossman Junior goes to Philly, can't wait to hear about another lazy, unmotivated player being a team cancer. /jeffcarter'd
    Jimmy Rollins already has that niche covered here in Philly. At least according to our wonderful and knowledgeable sports radio listeners and hosts anyway.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera has beaten out Pittsburgh center fielder Andrew McCutchen and Los Angeles Angels rookie Mike Trout for player of the year as voted on by their fellow major leaguers.

Cabrera, the first Triple Crown winner in the big leagues since 1967, hit .330 with 44 homers and 139 RBIs for the AL Central champion Tigers.

Retiring Atlanta third baseman Chipper Jones was voted Marvin Miller man of the year for excellence on and off the field over finalists Paul Konerko of the Chicago White Sox and Michael Young of Texas in Players Choice voting announced Monday.

Other awards went to Cabrera (AL outstanding player), McCutchen (NL outstanding player), Tampa Bay's David Price (AL outstanding pitcher) and the New York Mets' R.A. Dickey (NL outstanding pitcher). Trout and Cincinnati third baseman Todd Frazier were voted the outstanding rookies, and Adam Dunn of the White Sox and San Francisco's Buster Posey were chosen comeback players of the year.

Voting took place in September.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Jason Bay had his contract bought out. Financial terms were not disclosed and he is now a free agent. Incoming A's sign him on the cheap to trade him to some suc..err contender in July for prospects.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Mark McGwire is the new Los Angeles Dodgers hitting coach, general manager Ned Colletti announced Wednesday.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast