1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Trying to get Stardust Rod, and I've failed about 12 times in a row now.

On the other hand, I've gotten 4 Thyrus. lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

wasn't in the inn and i got a holy shield lol

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jinn View Post
    Sphairai -> Bravura -> Gae Bolg -> Bravura -> Gae Bolg -> Bravura -> Sphairai

I only have PLD50 -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
    Up to curtana and holy shield now

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Ultimate SE troll, folks will be NOT playing the game in it's last days trying to get uber temporary weapons to use for the last days. Ha!

Got MNK > PLD > BLM weapons here so far, I just want the screenshots at this point

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

oh its random? I got Gae bolg the first time and went to bed super happy Then I forgot to check this morning bc its super cold and decided to order socks >.<

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

"You may possess only one Bravura at a time.
    You obtain 99 flame tracers."

Thanks -_-

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I was gonna get 99 flame tracers but my inventory was full and after making room I got a Holy Shield, so lucky.

SE can't even hand out free temporary relics on characters that won't be saved without figuring out some way to fuck you with RNG.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You would assume that Rowena or someone would just be handing out or selling all endgame equipment for 1 gil.

Random weapon or fireworks for logging out for 30 minutes is uhh... stupid?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    SE can't even hand out free temporary relics on characters that won't be saved without figuring out some way to fuck you with RNG.
    This. I've been logging in every 30~40 min for 20 times now, and I still can't get my Stardust Rod. lol

Thyrus? Oh, I've gotten 8.

BG Level

Indeed

Holy Shield Curtana Artemis Bow, Curtana, Artemis, Curtana, Holy Shield

FAK

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I usually don't defend SE, but I think this event is actually fun and fair. I mean really, we're literally doing nothing except wait half an hour between tries and getting to play around with/screenshot the best weapons in the game. Can't be compared to the infuriating nature of the primals at all. And for the record I still don't have either of the relics I could actually use yet (only done it maybe 5 times so far, basically whenever I'm bored and remember, not obsessing over it). If I get them, sweet, if not, who cares?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are you guys seriously complaining about getting free relics? <_<

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fun and fair? Logging in every 30 min to check your bed to get a random item? Sorry, but I don't see how you can defend that. If they are already breaking the game since we're past the save-point then why not do it in a more logical way. Like e.g. Mioko said have an NPC hand out the items you select that you can actually use.

@Alkar It's about how S-E still manages to make stupid decisions and do something like that. We need less and less stuff like that when 2.0 comes

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If you could purchase it from an NPC, then it wouldn't be the twelve that were helping you, it would be that NPC. That is why they didn't go that route.

I agree that they should give you the relic for whatever job you examine the bed as, but I also don't care enough to complain.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, get it from the bed or NPC ,w/e on that part of course

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Handing out relics is a stupid decision? Seriously no one is asking you to sit around and wait for whatever relic you want. Just get one and go to town with it.
    And no, don't even try to bring up "testing purposes" because we all know gear is going through revisions in ARR and Relics will be no exception.
    This way simply fits with the lore they're using and these last few days are all about lore, nothing else.
    You're not going to keep the relics so why do you guys care that much anyway? Even if you don't get them all it's really not that big of a deal.
    There are only 7 relics in the game and you get 48 chances per day, that's more than enough to get them all eventually even with repeats.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Handing out relics is a stupid decision? Seriously no one is asking you to sit around and wait for whatever relic you want. Just get one and go to town with it.
    And no, don't even try to bring up "testing purposes" because we all know gear is going through revisions in ARR and Relics will be no exception.
    This way simply fits with the lore they're using and these last few days are all about lore, nothing else.
    You're not going to keep the relics so why do you guys care that much anyway? Even if you don't get them all it's really not that big of a deal.
    There are only 7 relics in the game and you get 48 chances per day, that's more than enough to get them all eventually even with repeats.
    Exactly.

Sounds like a 'bitching just to bitch' case when people are complaining about how to get their free relics well after the last character save to use in zerging down random monsters in town like it's actually going to matter.

If you don't want to deal with RNG and logging in ever 30 mins... don't. They aren't coming with you to 2.0.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If it's all about lore then what lore is going to explain these relics suddenly vanishing or any of our post final save stuff?

I'm not bothered by the event though it is funny being actively encouraged to not play.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

At this point, the event(s) are just for screenshots proving "I was there" ... and also ammunition for many bad signature images of people with Relics they'll never actually get with an ominous Dalamud floating in the sky.