1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    If it's all about lore then what lore is going to explain these relics suddenly vanishing or any of our post final save stuff?
    time travel yo

Also ITT:

"Yay, I'm getting a free NBA team! Oh, it's the Charlotte Bobcats? WTFFFFFFFF"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boye Fran
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Oh no! My mediocre exclusivity!

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    At this point, the event(s) are just for screenshots proving "I was there" ... and also ammunition for many bad signature images of people with Relics they'll never actually get with an ominous Dalamud floating in the sky.
    *scrambles to close photoshop*

What?! I'm insulted to hear you'd even think that! The nerve O.o

This entire event is for shits and giggles, it's barely worth participating in to begin with because it's just not very fun (die, HP, die, HP, maybe hit a mob a few times, die, HP, repair, die, HP, repeat) and the only thing that would make it actually entertaining is if they handed out god gear and buffs so we could have fun actually FIGHTING STUFF.

Making the gear and buffs an annoyance to attain just to get the chance to possibly enjoy yourself in an event that will ultimately effect nothing is......preposterous, I really can't wrap my head around why anyone thinks that's a good idea.

Logging in and out every 30 mins hoping for a relic you can use to magically appear under your pillow but keep getting shields and fireworks SO ENGROSSING OMG IT FEELS LIKE MY CHAR REALLY DOES HAVE A SLEEP DISORDER AND A REALLY DICKISH TOOTH FAIRY IS RUNNING AMOK. LORE!!!!!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I spent all night logging in/out hoping for a bow. I got 5 relics, a stack of fireworks and nothing (must have fucked up somehow) but still no bow.
    But I can't complain about the event because I'm too busy not playing to actually take part.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I just got a Golden Coffer Key for Castrum Novum from one of the Imperial Magitek things in Ul'dah <_<? Weird. I guess they're just repurposing mobs from other zones and not messing with their drops? Not that it matters.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I just got a Golden Coffer Key for Castrum Novum from one of the Imperial Magitek things in Ul'dah <_<? Weird. I guess they're just repurposing mobs from other zones and not messing with their drops? Not that it matters.
    lol, that's actually kinda funny.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    If it's all about lore then what lore is going to explain these relics suddenly vanishing or any of our post final save stuff?

I'm not bothered by the event though it is funny being actively encouraged to not play.
    Because we're likely being sent to the Rift instead of actually going to the future right away? Because they break during the last battle?
    Because the Twelve decided to give them to us and they'll likely take them away?
    Plenty of reasons, pick one.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Handing out relics is a stupid decision? Seriously no one is asking you to sit around and wait for whatever relic you want. Just get one and go to town with it.
    And no, don't even try to bring up "testing purposes" because we all know gear is going through revisions in ARR and Relics will be no exception.
    This way simply fits with the lore they're using and these last few days are all about lore, nothing else.
    You're not going to keep the relics so why do you guys care that much anyway? Even if you don't get them all it's really not that big of a deal.
    There are only 7 relics in the game and you get 48 chances per day, that's more than enough to get them all eventually even with repeats.
    Ugh, reread my entire post. I'm not complaining about them handing out relics. And no one is bringing stupid reasoning like "testing" here (except you ). The only thing I'm complaining about is that S-E had a very cool idea, but almost as usual, screwed it more or less with stupid implementation. How can I just "get a relic and go to town with it" when I get a Holy Shield and my PLD is lv31? And honestly, I don't really even care about the whole thing that much, I didn't bother logging in again to try to get more relics, but I'm just afraid. I'm just worried that this even shows that some things haven't changed with how S-E does things and it might show up again in ARR. That's my only worry. So please understand what I was trying to say, because you're totally misinterpreting it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quick question -- I see people complaining about duplicate relics, but wouldn't it work the same as if you had a full inventory? You can't pick it up, so you re-check the bed and a different one rolls? I haven't got a duplicate yet, because I'm not logging on much, so I don't actually know.

Is this dream text new? What the hell? lol
    http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/Odlar/dream.png

That actually made me laugh out loud as I repeated it, and that's a feat.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It took me like 5 times before I got a duplicate. It simply fails and gives you 99 fireworks instead.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post

Is this dream text new? What the hell? lol
    http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/Odlar/dream.png

That actually made me laugh out loud as I repeated it, and that's a feat.
    Unfortunately it is not new, it generally gives you a some type of cookie that's shaped like a mage. The text really does fit though~

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

What about this one? I don't recall this one at all:

You had a vivid dream that a crystal fell from your hands and shattered upon the ground...
    You obtain Bravura.
    You had a vivid dream of seeing the light of succor shining down from the heavens...
    You obtain a Stardust Rod.
    I don't remember this'un either

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That one was there before also, I think it gives you Lightning Crystals (maybe all types of crystals, that the type that I ended up getting)

Crystal dream gives you like 6 shards of a random element.

light of succor from the heavens gives you an ether.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Ugh, reread my entire post. I'm not complaining about them handing out relics. And no one is bringing stupid reasoning like "testing" here (except you ). The only thing I'm complaining about is that S-E had a very cool idea, but almost as usual, screwed it more or less with stupid implementation. How can I just "get a relic and go to town with it" when I get a Holy Shield and my PLD is lv31? And honestly, I don't really even care about the whole thing that much, I didn't bother logging in again to try to get more relics, but I'm just afraid. I'm just worried that this even shows that some things haven't changed with how S-E does things and it might show up again in ARR. That's my only worry. So please understand what I was trying to say, because you're totally misinterpreting it.
    Can we postpone the panicking for ARR beta? Seriously there's no reason to even bring up ARR with this event.
    Like I said you have 48 chances per day to get the relic you want or can use, it's no big deal. The NPCs may start handing out Darklight armor in the coming days, no need to really complain this much about free relics.
    Ok, random chance every 30 minutes is not perfect but do I really need to remind you what they're actually giving you? It's relics not primal weapons.

So we really need to keep reminding you that none of this is being saved and the only reason to participate in the event is purely for the fun of it?

Is clicking on your bed 48 times a day fun?

Of all the fucking things to white knight SE over this has got to be the most retarded.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    So we really need to keep reminding you that none of this is being saved and the only reason to participate in the event is purely for the fun of it?

Is clicking on your bed 48 times a day fun?

Of all the fucking things to white knight SE over this has got to be the most retarded.
    Learn to read, nowhere have I said anything like that.
    I'm also tired of "whiteknight here, whiteknight there". Get a good argument or stop calling names. Complaining about not getting relics that won't be saved anyway is dumb.
    No one is forcing you to check the damn bed, you can freely participate in the event if you really want to without a relic.
    For all we know they'll hand out relics and darklight right before the real event on Sunday anyway, this is just a little extra for the time being.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What in the shitfuckingholydickchrist is wrong with people?