+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I really don't see a problem with working towards new shinies, and giving min/maxer's something to work towards too, as cooking is a similar aspect, for min/maxing, and aside from magic find, nobody uses the damn things and seems fine with it. The real game imbalance are class abilities and I don't care if I DID have 60 more power (food or armor), then a might stacking warrior, they are still going to kick my ass, and in W^3, 60 some stats don't mean shit when most of the time you're up against a surging enemy line attacking/defending points of interests. Unless the rune slots do something other then countering Agony, there's nothing to see here but more content to devour, on the buffet.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

when they do an xpac w/ a level increase I hope they add better gear outright

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New post regarding Ascended items.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Whiteside
    “I’d like to respond to concerns players have raised about ascended items. Please keep in mind that we’re releasing this as one portion of a massive November update that introduces and improves many aspects of challenge, progression, and rewards. With this and upcoming updates, we view ourselves as introducing large amounts of content with supporting systems and features, akin to an expansion pack, building on Guild Wars 2 through a series of live releases. So it’s important for us to be able to add an expansion pack’s worth of progression and rewards to support that content.

Our goal is not to create a gear treadmill. Our goal is to ensure we have a proper progression for players from exotic up to legendary without a massive jump in reward between the two. We will slowly add the remaining ascended gear items and legendary items in future updates to allow people time to acquire them as we add exciting new content that deserves exciting rewards. We will not be adding a new tier of gear every 3 months that we expect everyone to chase after and then get the next set and so on.

Ascended and infusion rewards will be available in both PvE and WvW over time, and be made available through all sorts of content around the world including existing content. PvP will remain unaffected to ensure our intended PvP balance going forward. We are also working on other reward and progression systems for the game that tie into current and new content and features. As you know we care very much about your support and opinion and are listening intently to what you say.

Finally we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the upcoming content, and we will ensure we share our thoughts with you on the experiences we share in the Lost Shores."

Chris Whiteside – Studio Design Director

Of course people are still crying their god damn eyes out. Fuck 'em I say. Sick of spoiled children being catered to by MMO developers.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Well, if their W^3 progression is going to be with badges, they better smooth out and up the damn drop rate. I've gone 2-3 hours with about 10 badges and have gotten the same amount in 1 hour, without much change in game play, which makes it rather infuriating....

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Jesus fucking christ. SO MANY BASELESS ACCUSATIONS AND ASSUMPTIONS. I can't go onto the OF anymore, they are all flaming retards.

Of course people are still crying their god damn eyes out. Fuck 'em I say. Sick of spoiled children being catered to by MMO developers.
    You are aware the gear progression people are the spoiled children being catered to by MMO devs? Because almost everyone is a loot whore progression whore who can't play for fun and needs a goal to work towards of the game is 0 fun for them. They had to change their vision and break promises to cater to these morons by adding a new tier of gear. However, they way they are doing it is VERY nice, allowing us to get it everywhere, making it incredibly minor, introducing the tier incredibly slowly, and only introducing a tier every ~10 months or something.

I'm happy ^-^ Anet has successfully made both types of players (gear whores and people who play video games for fun) happy.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

There is a grain of truth in what you said but we're also not the ones bitching and moaning about every little change they make to the game. Also from a PvE perspective I'm not sure what you think is fun. I haven't even done all the paths for all the dungeons yet and that is pretty much the only time I'm having fun PvEing, the first time doing those paths. My other options for PvE are: Run dungeons I've done before or do boring-ass Orr. I don't want to level another character because I want to get things accomplished on my main.

They're adding more PvE and wanted to reward the people that do it with special shit. I don't see how wanting more things to do that feel rewarding from a PvE standpoint is being a loot whore.

EDIT: And before people say to go do WvW... WvW is a fucking mess. I went there tonight to get my monthly achievements and it was pretty fucking awful. Taking orbs out and fixing the defend event was a step in the right direction but they have a lot of work to do to make that place a viable option to go have fun at.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

WvW > DAoC and WAR RvR. The only issues with WvW atm are culling and being able to capture/prevent capture while stealthed.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    WvW > DAoC and WAR RvR. The only issues with WvW atm are culling and being able to capture/prevent capture while stealthed.
    It may be better than it's predecessors but that doesn't mean it's great. Those are also far from the only issues that game mode has.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Considering DAoC is still considered the greatest PvP MMO ever created, I'd say it's a pretty big endorsement.

EDIT: And before people say to go do WvW... WvW is a fucking mess. I went there tonight to get my monthly achievements and it was pretty fucking awful. Taking orbs out and fixing the defend event was a step in the right direction but they have a lot of work to do to make that place a viable option to go have fun at.
    WVW is soo fun for me, I love it. Endless fun~!

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

hngggggggggggggg SOUNDS AMAZING

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

So who wants to run Fractals with my OP level 2 warrior on update day?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I AM VERY EXCITE

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Lost Shores (Findings + Discussion)

Wow, colour me impressed. How is this free?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Holy crap so much want. I just hope they don't fuck up the scaling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Holy crap so much want. I just hope they don't fuck up the scaling.
    they already basically said that while it upscales you, you shouldnt be doing it if your low level. So I wouldn't be expecting a bunch of lowbies to be able to do much

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Who want's to Fractal Static?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    they already basically said that while it upscales you, you shouldnt be doing it if your low level. So I wouldn't be expecting a bunch of lowbies to be able to do much
    True, it'll probably be like WvW where you might be scaled to 80, but a normal mob will drop you in a moment. Though it's the scaling difficulty of the dungeon itself I wonder about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast