• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

and Tillman is a bad example, cause the dude is just strait wrecking the whole league

if Blaine Gabbert wants to miss a game.. Mike'll probably be all family first

Banned.

BG Level

Re: 2012-13 NFL Week 10: Breggy's Mid-season Report and .gif Recap

dff

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

2012-13 NFL Week 10: Breggy's Mid-season Report and .gif Recap

http://deadsp.in/RIdbiq

I'd write something snarky but let's face it Archi isn't here so it's not as fun

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    http://deadsp.in/RIdbiq

I'd write something snarky but let's face it Archi isn't here so it's not as fun
    Not that I really care for Rodgers as a human being, but it does sound like 60 Minutes took him for a ride a bit. He came off as pretty dickish, and that's probably because he can be pretty dickish, but to not include anything positive that they had definite film of and (as the article points out) likely promised to air isn't really fair.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think it's pretty shitty to complain that a news program isn't airing you doing charity work. If the only reason you're doing it is to improve the public's opinion of you, you're probably a massive douche.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    I think it's pretty shitty to complain that a news program isn't airing you doing charity work. If the only reason you're doing it is to improve the public's opinion of you, you're probably a massive douche.
    Why the hell else would anyone go on that show, ever? It takes a lot of time, it's invasive, and it doesn't have any other tangible benefits. Can't blame him, honestly

60 Minutes isn't really a news program, it's a features show, and it takes a lot more work and time than answering a post-game interview

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

did you read the entire article?

The most common pitch from a producer to a celebrity, particularly an athlete, is that the piece will highlight their charity work and give much-needed attention to the nonprofit. I don't doubt for a second that 60 Minutes led Rodgers to believe they'd feature his work with MACC, and we know they filmed it—they just didn't include it. In TV booking negotiations, like with NFL contracts, very little is guaranteed.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Why the hell else would anyone go on that show, ever?
    So people get to know who you really are? It just so happens Rodgers is a twat, and appeared on the show as such. I watch 60 Minutes pretty much every week and most of the time they seem very unbiased, but they also rarely let their interviewees just spout off talking points or paint themselves in a good light.

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    did you read the entire article?
    First, I'm sure Deadspin author Barry Petchesky has intimate knowledge of how 60 Minutes pitched the idea to Rodgers. Second, I don't care how it was pitched, 60 Minutes isn't out to make Rodgers look like a douche. He was simply a douche while they were filming, and then reacted in an even douchier way.

I am by far the worst poster in most threads, including Olroy and Mazmaz. I go from 0 to Mad in 0.6 seconds. Also, 8==============D
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

no one is saying 60 minutes intentionally tried to make Rodgers look like a douche, but to think Rodgers was not looking forward to whatever charity he works with being featured and getting exposure is pretty dense

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tweek View Post
    no one is saying 60 minutes intentionally tried to make Rodgers look like a douche, but to think Rodgers was not looking forward to whatever charity he works with being featured and getting exposure is pretty dense
    I'm sure he was disappointed, and that's understandable. The douche move is complaining about it to your local ESPN DJ when you don't get the exact cut you want. If you want to advertise your charity on your own terms, don't go to 60 Minutes. There is an endless number of faux-journalists in the sports world to sell your bullshit to. I'm sure Rick Reilly always needs another touching story to bleed dry.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

The douche move is complaining about it to your local ESPN DJ when you don't get the exact cut you want.
    Do you really think he went out of his way to get this to the media? I'm almost certain they asked him about it point-blank.

Just like Joe Flacco made a press release to say he was the best in the NFL.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    Do you really think he went out of his way to get this to the media? I'm almost certain they asked him about it point-blank.
    Neither of us care enough to go listen to the damn thing on ESPNWisconsin (which is an actual thing I guess) but even if they ask you point-blank, "Aaron, do you feel you were treated unfairly by 60 Minutes?" all you have to do is say no and move on. Not that difficult, unless you suck at interviews, which was the root of the problem in the first place I suppose.

I'd still take him over any other QB in the league right now though.

Spoiler: show

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Pretty soon Rodgers will be at ESPN editing his own highlight clips.

CHEESE MAMBA

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

of course the week im sick and am gonna miss class, this awful indy-jax game is the thursday night game

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Has there been a good Thursday night game since the BEARS?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

rivers last week, duh

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The Bears were most certainly NOT a good Thursday night game based on the outcome.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

2 drives in, and the jacksonville fans are booing the home team already

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

2012-13 NFL Week 10: Breggy's Mid-season Report and .gif Recap

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    If ponder has another shitty week, I give up all hope for our season.
    Lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

nice stop by jax