1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -54 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Aerin View Post
    Bozja was 10 years ago, but BoSF was 15 years ago. It was 10 years ago that the Primals started to show up as well.
    In the Year 1562 of the Sixth Astral Era, five years after the invasion of Ala Mhigo
    Invasion of Ala Mhigo took place 15 years before 1.0, so I figured that was 10 years

So, BoSF is 1562

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/about/...ties/mor-dhona

In the Year 1557 of the Sixth Astral Era, a mere thirty-six years from the Empire's founding, the Garleans brought their campaign of conquest to Eorzea, swiftly bringing the city-state of Ala Mhigo to its knees.
    Ala Mhigan Invasion is 1557, BoSF is apparently 1562

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/about/...garlean-empire

I think we all know Bozja was 10 years ago, and I'm not gonna dig around for proof on the website cuz I don't think they even mention it there. However, if you go to the bottom of the Empire page you see the Empire began to re-advance in 1571, so I assume 2009 was 1572 lol. Also Primals predate BoSF as well:

In subjugating Ala Mhigo, van Baelsar employed subterfuge to stoke the fires of civil unrest, a masterstroke which led to the nation's capture without the need for a protracted siege. However, the unanticipated appearance of a primal shortly thereafter prompted the Empire to halt the legion's advance
    If Ala Mhigo happened in 1557 and BoSF in 1562; I think maybe you've just got your dates mixed up. When we get the game back up (lol I'm only gonna use it for the CS book) I have to see exactly when the Beast Tribes were taught to summon them, but they appeared before Midgardsormr fucked shit up.

tl;dr
    Ala Mhigo is fifteen years ago
    Bozja is ten years ago
    Silvertear is five years after Ala Mhigo, so that's ten years ago

also we should prob continue this discussion in lore thred, not like this one is important either but everything in it's place and what not

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hmm that's weird, my own fault for trusting a wiki. I was only referring to the primals in the Eorzea region, I'm sure I read in multiple places that the Primals (those that are being summoned by the beastmen) only began appearing after BoSF.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's okay it took me like twenty minutes to realize 6 > 5 while writing that post

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The intro sequence showed the cause of pretty much everything that's going on.

Garleans advance further after taking Ala Mhigo
    Dragons fight back and Midgardsormr shows up
    The take down of the Juggernaught (chock full of Ceruleum) smack-dab in the middle of the focal point of Eorzea's aetheric energy fucked up/halted its flow.
    The aether was redirected and manifested into a Primal for each tribe, essentially giving form to the gods they already worshipped.
    Garleans need aether so they want to correct that mistake and defeat the Primals.
    We are all fighting off Hydaelyn's parasitic Garleans.

Everything about this is so FFVII.
    Garlean Empire = Shin-Ra
    Nael van Darnus = Sephiroth
    Gaius van Baelsar = Rufus
    Solus zos Galvus = President Shin-Ra
    Hydaelyn = Gaia
    Dalamud = Meteor
    Aether = Lifestream
    Ceruleum = Mako
    Primals = Weapons
    Allegan = Ancients
    Bahamut = Jenova
    Cid = Cloud
    Bugenhagen = Louisoix
    Materia = Materia

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    The intro sequence showed the cause of pretty much everything that's going on.

Garleans advance further after taking Ala Mhigo
    Dragons fight back and Midgardsormr shows up
    The take down of the Juggernaught (chock full of Ceruleum) smack-dab in the middle of the focal point of Eorzea's aetheric energy fucked up/halted its flow.
    The aether was redirected and manifested into a Primal for each tribe, essentially giving form to the gods they already worshipped.
    Garleans need aether so they want to correct that mistake and defeat the Primals.
    We are all fighting off Hydaelyn's parasitic Garleans.

Everything about this is so FFVII.
    Garlean Empire = Shin-Ra
    Nael van Darnus = Sephiroth
    Gaius van Baelsar = Rufus
    Solus zos Galvus = President Shin-Ra
    Hydaelyn = Gaia
    Dalamud = Meteor
    Aether = Lifestream
    Ceruleum = Mako
    Primals = Weapons
    Allegan = Ancients
    Bahamut = Jenova
    Cid = Cloud
    Bugenhagen = Louisoix
    Materia = Materia
    Well no story is truly original anymore. At least it is interesting.