1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So it'll be early in the morning when it drops. Damn.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Thank god 1.0 is ending, can't believe its finally here, blow that shit up!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Wow I only just discovered this is a two hour event beginning two hours before the countdown ends. That's what I get for not reading the proclamation in full. Unfortunately this is 6am here which is never a good time to get up on a Sunday, but at the same time I am happy because if it was a week day I'd miss it due to heading to work. They've obviously chosen a time that works well for all regions.

So what happens when the countdown hits 0? I see no notice of a maintenance and I thought the servers were going to stay up as a result of that poll. Not that there would be any point playing anyway.

Would be cool if they would code in the first half of the cut scene right as servers go down for everyone out in the battlefield.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

I'm actually thinking the servers are going to crash. The entire server is going to be packed into Brittlebark and we know what happens when zones get over-crowded. I wonder how many people a single area can handle. Hopefully they have thought about this and allocated a lot more resources to the server running Brittlebark.

Edit: Actually that could be why they've removed all the mobs in the area.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Would be cool if they would code in the first half of the cut scene right as servers go down for everyone out in the battlefield.
    Ya, i'm loggin in for this event just for the sole purpose of maybe seeing some epic cutscene right before the servers go down, doubt it tho....

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    So what happens when the countdown hits 0? I see no notice of a maintenance and I thought the servers were going to stay up as a result of that poll. Not that there would be any point playing anyway.
    I think earlier they implied there'd be a maintenance even if a specific notice hasn't been put up. Their talk (post-poll) was worded something along the lines of "we'll bring the servers back up" after the end of service. At the very least, I assume they are putting the servers back to pre-invasion status and they'll go down for that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Wow I only just discovered this is a two hour event beginning two hours before the countdown ends. That's what I get for not reading the proclamation in full. Unfortunately this is 6am here which is never a good time to get up on a Sunday, but at the same time I am happy because if it was a week day I'd miss it due to heading to work. They've obviously chosen a time that works well for all regions.

When the countdown hits 0 it gets replaced with a link to a new trailer and all servers go offline. They'll put the servers back up a few days later.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so 11 hours of farming relics 14 whm staffs (unuseable) 3 pld swords (unuseable) 2 bows (useable but not 2 >.>) 1 h2h (yay!) and 2 fire works only /sigh, not like i'll be even using them til the final showdown at derp o'clock tomorrow

When everyone on the entire server (keep in mind they reactivated everyone's account for this even if they weren't paying before) arrives at brittlebark and the server crashes SE's gonna say "see? that was meteor crashing" and everyone will have been trolled hardcore.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I've been AFK at Brittlebark for an hour or so and I have already been kicked off the server. I do not think this will go smoothly at all.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So wait....

Server ends when timer hits 0.00? I thought event was just happening then?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Imperials are attacking Crimson Bark on Durandal. There was a server message about it and Lv.50~55 Imperial/Watchwolves spawned in the camp.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Am I the only one that can't log in? I don't see anyone complaining about it browsing through a few ff websites and googles. I've paid as recently as September so my account should be in good standing shouldn't it?

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    Am I the only one that can't log in? I don't see anyone complaining about it browsing through a few ff websites and googles. I've paid as recently as September so my account should be in good standing shouldn't it?

Payment shouldnt matter it is open to everyone regardless of subscription right now afaik

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We cleared out all the Imperials and now Atomos popped and spawned all of his overpowered bullshit as usual and is raping everyone. D:

edit: lol the Eorzean Alliance High Council just said it was a diversion and to dispatch the remaining imperials and gtfo.

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im here too whats your char name?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I don't know what that crap was all about. Do they expect us to band up and fight more of those absurdly strong mobs that Atomos keeps coughing up?

Relics don't really make us that much more powerful... :/

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

If they are smart they will set the finale up like a series of instanced cutscenes so that people won't be in all of them at the same time. Otherwise I can only imagine the servers will blow to pieces.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Are the attacks on the server random? The stream that was linked earlier is just full of people sitting around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast