1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Eh. Alpha.
    Eh? And what do think Elders Scroll is currently?

Let's not start this bullshit "it's only alpha" that eventually leads to "it's only beta" which then leads to "god it's still terrible" again.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Yeah pretty much everything we're seeing now with a realm reborn is exactly what we're getting in the final release of the game except for minor tweaks here and there. Like some minor changes to water, tweaking the lighting, tweaking/adding npcs', adding quests and just general finishing touches.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post

Let's not start this bullshit "it's only alpha" that eventually leads to "it's only beta" which then leads to "god it's still terrible" again.
    It's a loading screen. When I think "this game is ruined forever", it's not the goddamn loading screens (or lack thereof) that make me think so usually.

Besides someone already fielded the whole "was planned to be a more elaborate loading screen but it was so quick that we scrapped it" line. However true/false/PR that was.

I agree with the npc tweeks everyone mentioned. However, it seems to me like the video is maybe from some early alpha build because doesn't seem like there are many NPCs around at all. They should've made a video of live alpha instead of this.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

That Elder Scroll video is more of an expose'. The ARR Alpha video is a short WIP video with no commentary. The purpose of the two is not the same.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You're getting ahead of yourself - we've not even played the alpha yet. If we had and we had a channel through which we could give feedback it'd be a different matter.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tearshang Pourlamour
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also need to remember that Alpha and Beta builds were made separate from each other. And more NPC's will be added especially ones with pathing so don't worry.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    You're getting ahead of yourself - we've not even played the alpha yet. If we had and we had a channel through which we could give feedback it'd be a different matter.
    Yup. I'm being cautious. ;x

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looking again at the video, I hope they tweak the jumping animations some. The landing seems so.. jerky to me.

Still can't wait to personally play the alpha regardless if only to see how the new combat system feels. Despite it's faults, gameplay and combat is the reason I'm still playing Tera and I really hope ARR delivers cause let's face it, majority of our time is gonna be spent killing shit.

Yup. I'm being cautious. ;x
    Don't let them convince you otherwise.

It's fine for people to be getting excited for 2.0 but you can't let that anticipation distort your opinion. And this:

Should be the mantra for everyone that wants the game to succeed.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You guys comparing this to the TES:O video are doing it wrong. You should be comparing it to the other video they released earlier. They're the same style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ88oe0R_lw

That reminds me, SE can't manage recording software capable of 1080p?

I mean, I know it's just a little sample vid (not even a trailer) but come on.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    You guys comparing this to the TES:O video are doing it wrong. You should be comparing it to the other video they released earlier. They're the same style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ88oe0R_lw
    This PS3 trailer doesn't do FFXIV justice.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Irrelevant. This is the only comparable video.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Agito View Post
    This PS3 trailer doesn't do FFXIV justice.
    What Xopher said. Also, that's not the PS3, it's old alpha footage.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    I'm still hoping they add the region that you skip when you travel from The Black Shroud to Thanalan, but I'm not holding my breath. At least that would help ease the stark differences.
    Now that we've been shown the loading screens, smoother geographic transitions are the bare minimum I'm expecting from SE's zone mechanics. I was under the impression that we were scaling back to smaller zones while still keeping single areas relatively large; Thanalan's 5 sections would be made into smaller, but still very large zones. In this video I see zoning WITHIN the city of Gridania. Don't get me wrong, this isn't a deal breaker, I just see this as AN ABORTION OF JUSTICE. KILL THE DECEIVERS. LET THEIR BLOOD FLOW DOWN THE ALTAR STEPS FOR A THOUSAND YEA-What they might do is have each part of Gridania transition into a different part of the Black Shroud as a whole zone. That way you can pick up a quest that leads you through a chain with no major zone breaks. This would keep you in the game world while still staying functional.

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Alpha First Look: Video 2 - New Gridania - 11/08/12

Need to watch again but didnt it only zone when going from old gridania to new gridania? I don't remember them zoning anywhere else?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well yeah. Only showed Gridania so there was no other zoning.

I'm just glad they finally fucking fixed the chat log so it doesn't disappear when you zone.

It wasn't as much a problem in XIV since you zone so much less in general but in XI it was so goddamn annoying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I'm just glad they finally fucking fixed the chat log so it doesn't disappear when you zone.

It wasn't as much a problem in XIV since you zone so much less in general but in XI it was so goddamn annoying.
    Wow, I didn't even notice that. Good stuff.
    I generally love how the new chat log/font looks (especially the blue color we saw in one of Yoshi's screens D: )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast