1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 7 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 1 hours, 52 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 8 hours, 7 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    YUP thats the one lol =[
    Under Observation BC. x1000

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Can't forget the King Moggle Mog XII fight music, either.
    but This is halloween music is the best

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    This one, I can't stand it.

Spoiler: show
    That's vanilla BC music, I liked that one.

WoG's was the best, though.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

When I say "BC" I think I'm one of the few who actually means "Burning Circle" not "any instanced battlefield or storyline boss fight."

Crafting and choco music need to be optional, the end of the world event goes from ominous to ridiculous when you call your bird.

More importantly all the BGM music they put the effort into making goes to waste when you're just hearing the chocobo theme 90% of the time you're not actively fighting something in the field.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

This one, I can't stand it.

lol I like that track;/

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When I say "BC" I think I'm one of the few who actually means "Burning Circle" not "any instanced battlefield or storyline boss fight."
    That distinction would probably be more common if the BC music wasn't (almost always) the same as the aforementioned "instanced battlefield or storyline boss fight" music.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Which BC music are you talking about?

Vanilla's was good, RoZ/CoP/TAU's were varying stages of bad, WoG's was godlike.
    Are you joking? Vanilla BC music just brings back lots of vague and painful old memories. Although that's probably even more true of CoP's... 'Not enough MP.' 'The Eldertaur starts casting Cure V.' 'The Eldertaur is no longer weighed down.'

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Despite that... I don't see how anyone could dislike this.
    One of my favorite battlan themes in the game.

But this was the absolute best imo... too bad no one else remembers it (Not that you normally actually get to hear much of it in-game. Had to listen to it outside of the game to hear the full track even though it isn't very long)

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by drwaffles View Post
    Are you joking? Vanilla BC music just brings back lots of vague and painful old memories. Although that's probably even more true of CoP's... 'Not enough MP.' 'The Eldertaur starts casting Cure V.' 'The Eldertaur is no longer weighed down.'
    Ah the good old days... That ENM was always a source of anger lol.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I hope they add some more of that creepy music, that is one thing I love about WoW when I played it. I still prefer WoW's ost over the FFXI one, I think XIV's ost came a long long way since the release. Needs more type of Orphan, Dancing Mad, One winged angel type of chours songs. The song that played in the last battle in XIV was really cool.

Music is really important to me in games, nothing bothers me more than playing a RPG that has lame music.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Crafting and choco music need to be optional, the end of the world event goes from ominous to ridiculous when you call your bird.

More importantly all the BGM music they put the effort into making goes to waste when you're just hearing the chocobo theme 90% of the time you're not actively fighting something in the field.
    Thankfully afair they already said they will do that.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

ugh. turmoil. brings back memories of failed mission BF (i call them all battlefield) runs back in the early days of CoP.

i think the best XI battlefield track for me was a realm of emptiness.
    its probably a combination of factors, but i liked it for its grandiose feel, a hint of mystery, how fitting it was for a final boss and probably because when i first got to the fight, i really did get the sense of "this is it. the final battle after all our struggles".

i think Naoshi Mizuta definitely did a good job for XI and has been getting better and better.
    his bgm tracks set the mood really well and convey the specific feel they're getting at. like fear, mystery, melancholic nostalgia...

I do like a lot of XIV tracks tho... but wonder if some of them even belong to an MMORPG which relies a lot on building a feel or theme consistent with the world.
    but there is still hope..
    this dungeon theme was part of the original score, they took that and arranged a parallel track for it, which it thought was pretty clever. so its an uematsu original scoring, but not.
    I hope to hear more dual tracks.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lythandies Demeris
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

CoP's opening march, Unity, is one of my favorite arrangements out of anything anywhere. Realm of emptiness is up there too as one of the best final boss themes, props for picking it. I think it works because it carries the feel of a difficult and definitive fight but stays more upbeat then most themes.

Even if the gameplay stinks, I already own 14 and getting to hear the music and see the world will be worth the price of admission. Square produces games as an excuse to pump out the best soundtracks. Really: any given company can produce a pretty epic looking area given a while to work on it, but there's only a handful of developers who get music as right as square does and almost never as often.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

^ /thread

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Indeed. One of the best cutscene intros ever too. God I wish SE would convert FFXI into a single player game once they stop supporting the game.

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Im just gonna leave this here... Dont think anything tops this?

I can't remember the name of the music that plays when you fight Ouyru, but that shit was awesome.

Edit: Just remembered what it was.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

That's the normal battle theme for COP zones in party

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server