1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 1 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 8 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Ouryu doesnt have a special song

That is the BC for any boss in COP

The music I posted played in the high level Ouryu fight, not the one you did as part of the CoP story line.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Yeah, the high level music Ouryu music is the same as the low level music Ouryu. Standard CoP BCNM fight w/e you wanna call it

This is the fight I'm thinking of:

If that's the same as the general fight music in CoP areas then so be it (but it's not the same as the story line music, at least in that previous video), it's been a few years so I could easily just be remembering it wrong, but I always remembered turning on the music in XI for this fight and not many others.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

ope you're definitely right-- I don't know what I was thinking, the high-level Ouryu has basic CoP battle music. I think it's the CoP Dungeon battle theme? It's been ages.

edit: holy shit finding XI BCNM videos w/o shitty background music added is a trying task

riverne is a dungeon '~'

this is more proof it's dungeon music

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

I know FFXI music at the back of my hand.

what Elcura posted is CoP's dungeon party battle music, depths of the soul.
    i don't remember what music plays in Ouryu cometh fight, but if its not Turmoil (CoP bf music) and actually is the dungeon music, then it could be because the place he's fought is not technically a battlefield and they just didn't code it that way.

in other words, Depths of the Soul as BF music is an exception. Its also used for some cutscenes but that goes without saying. I'd agree its one of the better dungeon battle themes of XI.

Suffice to say I like that song, confusing as it's placement (and my specific memory of the song) may be lol

I always thought it was boss music, but I only ever really noticed it during that fight so I never associated it with the dungeon theme

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Level

yeah just went to lufaise in PT and engaged a mob

Music is different so yeah it's the dungeon party one

my bad

Sassy Tyrant
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Falisa Asile
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I found myself laugh suddenly when they jumped off the path to the lower one once they entered Old Gridania. I just assumed they wouldn't be able to get down there and was a little shocked when they just easily hopped down.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Insanecyclone View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Onslaught (CoP) was my favorite outdoor battle music in the game. Many Catoblepas died to this theme. A close second was Clash of Standards (WoG):

For dungeon battle, I think Mizuta did it best in vanilla, with Battle in the Dungeon #2:

I already mentioned my love for Kindred Cry (WoG BC) as a boss theme. While I thought A Realm of Emptiness was a good epic battle theme, my #1 is still Ragnarok (Alexander):

Although for the life of me, I still don't understand why Alexander's theme is "Ragnarok" and Odin's theme is "Iron Colossus"; it's exactly backwards.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

(I think) Iron Colossus is also used in the Alexander fight (before Alexander actually inhabits the Iron Colossus). Ragnarok is the title of the Alexander theme because you're stopping (or trying to stop) the battle between the two which supposedly may lead to the end of the world similar to Ragnarok.

Nope. All wrong... Square is just retarded.

BG Level

ok thats enough

get FFXI out of this section!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9