1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alpha First Look: Video 2 - New Gridania - 11/08/12

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/57341

Here is "Gridania," our second entry in the Alpha First Look video series!

This video takes us on a tour through the completely revamped Gridania. The city-state has taken on an all-new look that features everything from a refurbished aetheryte plaza to cuddly delivery moogles! We really wanted to liven up the mood of the entire metropolis, so we focused on bringing the surrounding environment to life by adding babbling brooks, lush foliage, and a dynamic populace. You'll also notice that the names of unique landmarks appear on screen as you explore.

Be sure to let us know what you think!

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Nice to see some parts in HD i suppose. Hoping you guys start seeing NA invites within the next week then EU not long after! Excited to have a run around myself

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Looks very nice. Yoshi-P wasn't lying when he said zones load very quickly. I'm excited to see what they've changed in Ul'dah.

The zones around Gridania have changed a lot more though [I would guess] and look amazing [I imagine], they should get a video of those out soon!

Edit: There's some sort of live stream going on about this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RcMBKtxoNo

Road Tinnies

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ok iv watched it now uninterrupted a few times and damn i love that music. Really excited for this... Kinda making me feel like when i played FFXI first time around and havnt had that for years. Hoping this delivers!

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I kinda like the name of the zones, when you zone

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Makwa Ironwill
    FFXIV Server
    Brynhildr
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I am gonna lose so much sleeping playing this when it comes out.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    Ok iv watched it now uninterrupted a few times and damn i love that music.
    Music is great! At 3:24 and a little bit at 3:48 I almost went "Hey, we're in the Shire!"

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Fast loading.

First-rate grass.

( o.O) Beta needs to come sooner. I need my fix, damnit.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Interesting that they kept most of the old Gridanian layout. Not a bad thing really, I guess I just didn't expect it.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I kinda like the name of the zones, when you zone
    loved it. Zoning never really bothered me. But actually having something to look at for the 5-7 seconds your zoning is nice little trinket. the Font design looked awesome.

Where dem alpha invites at SE...

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Interesting that they kept most of the old Gridanian layout. Not a bad thing really, I guess I just didn't expect it.
    As long as it's smaller and takes less time to run through, I'm ok with that

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

From what I've observed, that crystal thing outside the conjurer guild in the video is a teleporter, and there are a few of them around the city. So I imagine travelling about will be easier :D

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was actually expecting much less in the way of city changes - they already said they were leaving them mostly as-is.

Love the music, love the look & feel, in fact everything looked great. Let's hope it plays as good as it looks

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Well remember Yoshi-P said they wouldn't have time to alter the city states, so the amount of change here is still pretty surprising.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by vadre View Post
    From what I've observed, that crystal thing outside the conjurer guild in the video is a teleporter, and there are a few of them around the city. So I imagine travelling about will be easier :D
    Not sure if you've played at all in the past few months, but those are just larger versions of the mini Aetherytes we already have in 1.0 to get around the city. In 1.0 it costs to 4k seals (or 400,000 gil) to buy an Aetherpass to use them. They have said that in 2.0, you won't need an Aetherpass to use them.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Alpha First Look: Video 2 - New Gridania - 11/08/12

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Music is great! At 3:24 and a little bit at 3:48 I almost went "Hey, we're in the Shire!"
    Yeah I said the same thing. Also looks like they took a lot of aesthetics from ffxii: beaded zone lines, names when you enter a new part of a city, the look of the teleporters. I totally like where this is going. I'll take that alpha invite and F's in all of my classes now.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I'm unreasonably happy to see those little blue dotted zone-lines (and eventually pet gambits) from XII. The more they pull from XII the better, if you ask me. That installment had a lot of time to polish aspects that belong just as well in an online game. Luckily, XIV seems to be the only installment that is actively pulling what was already great from any and all other Final Fantasies they can. Yoshi-P is apparently no fool.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The music is simply spectacular in my opinion. Love it so much for a city theme. I hope Ul'dah and Limsa are similarly great because these 2 especially are pretty horrible in the long run when it comes to town music >.<;

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The FFXII zone-line got an eyebrow-raise from me too, in a good way. The music is pretty good. I was worried in the beginning because it sounded like it was going to be the same fucking homogenised 'rousing orchestral BGM' that every single bloody game in the past few years has latched on to, but as it went on it sounded like it had some actual character to it. Gamers nowadays seem to think that a big, blaring orchestral sound is automatically badass even if there's absolutely nothing distinguishing or interesting about it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eagleheart Hellsbane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The music is simply spectacular in my opinion. Love it so much for a city theme. I hope Ul'dah and Limsa are similarly great because these 2 especially are pretty horrible in the long run when it comes to town music >.<;
    Wait, really? O.o I love Limsa's theme. I sure hope they keep the old Gridania theme somewhere, too, I really like the new one, but I also like the old.

(^o.o)^ All I can say at the moment is that they better retain Fallen Angel, The Sands' Secrets, Unspoken and Hall of Flames music in 2.0 or I swim across the Pacific to throw a banana cream pie at Wada.

Why Wada? 'cause I can't attack Yoshi P o___________________o t'would be heresy. Must find another victim.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast