1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 51 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 107 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

We've known about the connection to XII for a long time now. lol

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Mateus_(Ivalice)

At this point it remains to be seen if it's more than just the sigils/glyphs/what the fuck ever that appear over their faces are merely homages (along with the named Ascians thus far sharing the names of the "light" counterparts to XII's Espers).

We're kinda 0/2 on the Espers themselves (Belias-Egi didn't really seem to go anywhere aside from giving false hope that it'd pan out, and Cúchulainn is just a Voidsent (albeit one that heavily references his XII incarnation)).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah lol, I started googling after I saw this and was like: ... oh T_T

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

So in all the video clips(dalamund crash, title screens) we've seen the guy with the axe and his companions, and I assumed we were supposed to assume that he represented the player. But with the WoD being a thing, how does that all add up?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    So in all the video clips(dalamund crash, title screens) we've seen the guy with the axe and his companions, and I assumed we were supposed to assume that he represented the player. But with the WoD being a thing, how does that all add up?
    I can't remember what the crucial difference between the timelines(dimensions?), but we recently learned that there was something the Warriors of Darkness took advantage of in their world that helped them overcome obstacles, something that ultimately corrupted them. Knowing that, I'd say our cinematics are still meant to represent us, the Warriors of Light, given that we didn't take such measures

Unukahlai mentions that his original star was destroyed as a result of "a magick was devised that allowed the realm's champions to use a stone known as “auracite” to contain the power of primals. So armed, these heroic souls conquered god after god, oblivious to their weapon's fatal imperfection: its propensity to bleed primal energies. And with each victory, the heroes changed, transforming at last into fiends of endless appetite. Insatiable in their hunger for aether, they ultimately went to war over the star's ever-dwindling life force..."

It's not clear if the Warriors of Darkness are from the same world -- they may be locals displaced in time, or from yet a third star -- but it's pretty likely they're at least plotting something similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    I think that the Derplander experienced those events, but they actually happened to the player character. He very clearly has the Echo, and when he's introduced after cleaving Ravana he does the same "holding your head" action that the Warrior of Light does when splunking someone's brain.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On Alexander: did they just forget about Brayflox, then?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Loved that during the dinner scene the WoL refuses the wine and watches the butler pour that glass for Aymeric real carefully all without breaking the conversation.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Loved that during the dinner scene the WoL refuses the wine and watches the butler pour that glass for Aymeric real carefully all without breaking the conversation.
    I admit, I was thinking "oh boy, time for another head of state to get poisoned and me to get blamed for it again" during that.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler: show
    So did Yoshi really just waste Warriors of Darkness on this crap? It's done? So much wasted potential, like a Divine Might 2.0 :/

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    So did Yoshi really just waste Warriors of Darkness on this crap? It's done? So much wasted potential, like a Divine Might 2.0 :/
    Me thinks they got put on the bus for the time being. They got Minfillia driving too! Probably didnt want them running at the same time as the ascians and ala mhigo kicking off as well so they'll possibly pop up again at a later point down the road. Also Griffy gots himself some Niddy Eyes. Thats gonna end badly yet again!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    Minstrel's Ballad in 3.5! Or not lol. Who knows

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Minstrels ballad let's them revisit anything they want. I'd love a Minstrel ballad Rauban fight except now it's vs all the GC leaders.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Re Minfilia/Warriors of Dark

It's entirely possible that that whole storyline will reconnect later. I can see Minfilia turning up and asking us for help in that other world/plane/place and we move to somewhere completely different. Or that issues over there come to us cos they've created a hole in the space/time continuum. I suspect it's on hold for now as we go to deal with 'other stuff' but later it could easily come back.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    Re Minfilia/Warriors of Dark

It's entirely possible that that whole storyline will reconnect later. I can see Minfilia turning up and asking us for help in that other world/plane/place and we move to somewhere completely different. Or that issues over there come to us cos they've created a hole in the space/time continuum. I suspect it's on hold for now as we go to deal with 'other stuff' but later it could easily come back.
    Yeah I'd agree with this atm things are gearing up big time for the whole Ala Mhigo Liberation which most of us suspect 4.0 will encompass and we could see more of Minfilia and the WoD later on after that. I would say their introduction as well is a preview of sorts of what to expect later on. Kinda overdue that the Garleans get served their eviction notices too and it gets messy to have 2 prominent occuring themes at the same time! :D

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

About WoD:
    My problem isn't only that a Divine Might doesn't look te be happening (ok, maybe Minstrell's Ballad). My problem is mainly that I would have rather seen some badass mofo's instead of some emo Warriors of Light gone dark from a parallel universe, because they tipped the scales to stupid levels for winning every fight that threatened their world.

While I appreciate the notion that we "Warriors of Light" should be careful with what we do for sake of balance (hi Tanaka) or else our world will become a void, I would have rather seen these Warriors of Darkness be the actual counterbalance to us Warriors of Light and having them fuck with us for a good portion of the next few patches, maybe even 4.0.

No, instead Urianger "planned" this whole shit (like seriously?) to save their world and we're back to Nidhogg... yawn...................................... Of course WoD/Milf come back, but I can't give a shit, because we'd be "helping" them, I wanted to fight them, hence why I think it's wasted potential. Ala Mihgo shit better be good (and since I am sick of Nidhogg as a plotdevice, his eyes/GrifHogg better be destroyed before the first mission of 4.0 or in that first mission) if you want to toss WoD to the side for it.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Let's be honest. Did anyone really think just hucking both Nidhogg's eyes off the side of a bridge would really get rid of them permanently?

Gotta give some props to the WAR of Darkness though, his VA did a pretty bang-up job delivering his lines, which were also pretty well written.

Edit: I am salty as fuck Yda (and Papalymo I guess) didn't get new outfits though.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Eyes
    oh no, definitely expected them to return. Just not in the next freakin patch. I would have been fine with not seeing them return in the picture for at least 2 more patches.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

why didnt they put a trigger warning for the little kobold

I am devastated

Puppetmaster