1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 9 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 103 of 107 FirstFirst ... 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show
    So Elidibus = Gaius, go.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So i have a question about a particular sword and the main villain..

So the katana with the white hilt that the masochist chick gifts to the main villain.. I thought that would be more of a story point. They seemed like they started playing it up when he used it during the 2nd encounter instance against the player but then... Nothing happened and it didnt seem to come up again. Thought maybe it was gunna be Hien's pop's sword or something and it would refuse to cut the player or some Bleachy nonsense. Any info on that weapon?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    So Elidibus = Gaius, go.
    My first thought

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    My first thought
    Nabriales did say that unlike the other Ascians, Lahabrea and Elidibus are "of this world" which enabled them to enter the Waking Sands and Rising Stones despite Hydaelyn's protection. So if they're from the Source (the world in which the majority of XIV has taken place so far, sans the World of Darkness/Void (a mirror world that fell completely to darkness and its people became the Voidsent)), perhaps they're particularly gifted Echo users from many Eras past.

I guess after the switcheroo with Nael's sister taking over for her deceased brother, Gaius is as good as any possibility. Especially if you take the final DRK Job quest into account (as far as who did not show up).

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Do we have an age on Gaius though? Elibidus has a youthful face model, from what we can see

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I just find it really suspicious that the Emperor would be so taken aback and offended by his face. I can't think of any imperial legatus that the current emperor has ever had good things to say about aside from Gaius

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Regula van Hydrus was his bestest friend, and oldest friend (dating back many years).

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I just find it really suspicious that the Emperor would be so taken aback and offended by his face. I can't think of any imperial legatus that the current emperor has ever had good things to say about aside from Gaius
    Wait wait so the end of that cut scene did not show the face? I actually completed thst msq near to maintenance and when the ascian revealed his face and the emperor showed surprise, i hit connection lost. It couldn't have been timed more hilariously. It did not play the cs again afterward and i forgot to check the inn book for it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yeah, you don't see his face.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    Especially if you take the final DRK Job quest into account (as far as who did not show up).
    For people like me who have no interest in leveling DRK, care to tell what happens there?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dunno if this has already been noted, but Elidibus has a shadow. Does that mean something?

Also:

Yda was a Scion, which meant she had the Echo. After she died, Papalymo helped Lyse impersonate Yda... but the Echo isn't hereditary. So how hasn't Lyse been tempered by a primal yet? Is this a Clark Kent/Superman scenario where every time a primal appeared, it Just So Happened that "Yda" wasn't around?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

we made it a point to block the tempering fire during the Lakshmi cutscene, so I'm gonna go with yes

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

need some cutscene truthers to go find the evidence of which primal she is secretly in the service of

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Think you're confusing the current form of the Scions with the Circle of Knowing and the Path of the Twelve. None of the original Circle of Knowing group (Y'shtola, Thancred, Yda, Papalymo, Urianger) have the Echo. After the timeskip they paired up with Minfillia's Path of the Twelve which consisted of Echo users. Krile was the only one from Sharlayan that so far has been introduced as having the Echo. Kinda makes the Scions in general dumb/ballsy for messing with Primals knowing they have no protection against tempering.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Appie View Post
    For people like me who have no interest in leveling DRK, care to tell what happens there?
    A veritable who's who of notable secondary/tertiary antagonists are brought back by Myste to fight you and "Frey" (your dark side). They're aether shades/simulcrums formed out of the memories of those people, but still quite tangible I guess given that they can interact independently with the real world. Notably present is the entirety of the Heavens' Ward, Rhitahtyn sas Arvina, Livia sas Junius, and Ystride de Caulignont.

There isn't any mention of Gaius whatsoever at any point, though we do deal with the fall out from Thordan's scheme and some notable Heavensward-era NPCs or their relatives. It's all pure speculation, but it would be amusing for Gaius to have been Elidibus.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lokus View Post
    Think you're confusing the current form of the Scions with the Circle of Knowing and the Path of the Twelve. None of the original Circle of Knowing group (Y'shtola, Thancred, Yda, Papalymo, Urianger) have the Echo. After the timeskip they paired up with Minfillia's Path of the Twelve which consisted of Echo users. Krile was the only one from Sharlayan that so far has been introduced as having the Echo. Kinda makes the Scions in general dumb/ballsy for messing with Primals knowing they have no protection against tempering.
    I feel like this will change soon and they'll probably come up with a way to use the Resonant technology to give the rest of the scions some protection so that we can finally move forward from "oh you're the only one who can do it" as far as primals are concerned

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Doubtful. When a character is able and available to participate, they do

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    I feel like this will change soon and they'll probably come up with a way to use the Resonant technology to give the rest of the scions some protection so that we can finally move forward from "oh you're the only one who can do it" as far as primals are concerned
    I actually thought that in order to give Fordola her new powers, they siphoned away Krile's Echo in the pod (the "stripping the piglet's fat" Zenos referred to). But apparently it was just a stasis pod?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I think they either only needed to siphon her aether (echo being somewhat a part of it like a virus in the blood) or we will learn later she no longer has it. Maybe the hard way, lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Krile couldn't be a Scion without having a disability anyway.