1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 105 of 107 FirstFirst ... 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm just happy Raubahn survived. I kept expecting him to do, right before or after Ala mhigo was freed. Seeing him pass his sword on to pip made me so fucking scared for him lol

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I don't know why they are taking so long for him to bust out his magitek arm with laser rockets and a chainsaw. Get it over with already.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, leader of the resistance is not the same as leader of the country. We still don't know what will they decide when it comes to ruling. And she was chosen by the previous leader and people trusted him, that's why probably we didn't see much complaining.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I mean did we all miss how Lyse is the daughter of the old resistance leader or something? Everyone knows who she is, it's not like she's some rando who suddenly appeared. People only took issue with her in the first place because she was gone so long (even if she was always helping the resistance from the Thanalan side).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Well, leader of the resistance is not the same as leader of the country. We still don't know what will they decide when it comes to ruling. And she was chosen by the previous leader and people trusted him, that's why probably we didn't see much complaining.
    Pretty much this. Lyse is not the new ruler of Ala Mhigo, she's the leader of the Resistance. I'm pretty sure they'll expand on this with future patches and someone will take over eventually, she's not leaving the Scions for good after all this character development.
    We already have a good candidate to rule Ala Mhigo (see MNK quests) but after all that's happened who knows if a monarchy will even be accepted.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It would be one thing if we were talking about her sister (who had a name in Ala Mhigo), but Lyse was basically a baby when Ala Mhigo fell? And it's not like she's the Mother of Dragons and people will support her because of her royal bloodline.

I would say "she's only the leader of the Resistance" but the post-final-fight cutscenes were leaning WAY too hard on all hail the queen imagery.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I see no reason Ala Mihgo would go monarchy again when Theodoric so utterly brought ruin to his nation.

Raubahn/Lyse 2017.

As an aside: The loremasters really should stop talking about Gaius van Baelsar because he continues to be the most interesting Garlean in the room long after dying. That quest where you learn that Gaius shut down the WMD project one of the Garlean scientists was working on because it was *too destructive* was far more interesting than most of Zenos' motivations. Cmon!

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah, but that's a massive RPG trope in general. most games do the "this is a main character so they're important" thing. although I agree that in this case it's even sillier because they had a few perfectly good options to lead the Ala Mhigans aside from Lyse.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I randomly found it amusing that after we killed Shinryu that everyone forgot Illberd powered the summoning with Nidhogg's eyes. Hey guys, might want to properly dispose of those. Guys? Ah well, too busy celebrating Ala Mihgan liberation.

Good thing Estiiiiiiiinien was around to finally smoosh those plot points.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I really loathed Estinien in HW because he's so "boo hoo I'm the raging bad/good guy with an anti-hero complex" but he was so fucking good in Stormblood.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I really loathed Estinien in HW because he's so "boo hoo I'm the raging bad/good guy with an anti-hero complex" but he was so fucking good in Stormblood.
    "Damn you, Alphinaud."

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    I randomly found it amusing that after we killed Shinryu that everyone forgot Illberd powered the summoning with Nidhogg's eyes. Hey guys, might want to properly dispose of those. Guys? Ah well, too busy celebrating Ala Mihgan liberation.

Good thing Estiiiiiiiinien was around to finally smoosh those plot points.
    That scene felt entirely symbolic. The eyes were completely depleted of aether and useless by then, and Estinien says this outright before stabbing them with the excuse that it'd just be better to be safe than sorry.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    That scene felt entirely symbolic. The eyes were completely depleted of aether and useless by then, and Estinien says this outright before stabbing them with the excuse that it'd just be better to be safe than sorry.
    I got the symbolism for Estinien but I was surprised neither the WoL or Alphinaud confirmed that the eyes were drained considering they were the two that unwisely chucked them into a chasm.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

i doubt Lyse will stay forever the Leaser of Ala Migoh and will rejoin the Scions once we hit "The Empire strikes back" preperation for the next expansion. You really think the Empire wont strike back? First the Alliance in ARR and now als migoh and doma, they will push back now.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

My guess is that 5.0 will be the "Cataclysm expansion"; one of the cities (probably Ishgard, since there's no housing or GC) will be razed by the Empire as strikeback and the 2.x zones will be redone to allow flying (and expanded beyond PS3 memory limitations).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    My guess is that 5.0 will be the "Cataclysm expansion"; one of the cities (probably Ishgard, since there's no housing or GC) will be razed by the Empire as strikeback and the 2.x zones will be redone to allow flying (and expanded beyond PS3 memory limitations).
    I don't think we're at that point yet and honestly for FFXIV it would feel lazy given that we already had that with 1.0>2.0. We're either going on a detour for some reason or push into Garlemald. The AST job quest talks about the Far East and Geomancers, maybe that's our next stop?

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    The Cataclysm card for FFXIV would be sending the WoL and company to Meracydia. It's been intentionally left as a mystery and the Hydaelyn equivalent of the New World, playing no part in the current politics that make up the backdrop of FFXIV. Who know what they've got cooking below the equator.

We've still got central Islabard and Garlemald as locations to check out, alongside Thavnair. Interesting that Kugane has an embassy for Thavnair, implying that could become a thing in the future. It looks roughly about the same size as Vylbrand on the maps so I wouldn't expect a huge area.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I don't think we're at that point yet and honestly for FFXIV it would feel lazy given that we already had that with 1.0>2.0. We're either going on a detour for some reason or push into Garlemald.
    Yes, we would be pushing into Garlemald after they raze Ishgard.

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The Cataclysm card for FFXIV would be sending the WoL and company to Meracydia.
    By Cataclysm, I mean that the 2.x zones will be redone, specifically to allow flying.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well some 2.0 zones have already been "redone" to allow swimming. They don't need to nuke them for flying lol.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Isn't the swimming in 2.0 areas entirely surface level, no diving? I've only been to Costa and there was no real work there (especially when you consider the old Castrum wall hole that let you roam out there before).

I think you have to do significantly more work to re-boundary every off-limit surface in all the 2.0 zones.