1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 8 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 1 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 107 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    The conjurer from the old Path of the Twelve rival adventurer gang makes her return
    She's such a bad healer, her tank died permanently.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    She's such a bad healer, her tank died permanently.
    Sorry should've tagged that as Legacy too. It's the party from 1.0 we were rivals with, not the party from 2.0 where they all die except the woman we save in Ul'dah.
    Here's a pic of 2 of them, I'm fairly certain more show up as you progress in MSQ:

There should be a roegadyn etc moving in

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

that quest after Titan, all my feels

FUCK

FUCK

Spoiler: show

I wish they had instanced the actual building though, seeing a million people inside sort of ruined the mood at first

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

omg i felt the same way..

strangely i felt so much worse for Noraxia

and my first impression of Livia is omg crazy bitch

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

After main story:

Where the heck did the sister go. Do we expect her in the future missions or what?
    Also geez at all the Ascians. And Zodiark is their god O.o

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

EVERYTHING IS SPOILERS. THIS ASSUMES YOU HAVE CLEARED THE PRAETORIUM AND ACTUALLY WATCHED THE CUTSCENE. ALSO INCLUDES RANDOM ASS SIDE QUESTS. FUCK YOU, I'M NOT TAGGING SHIT.

You can actually notice exactly when Thancred receives his crystal of darkness. It happens right before the Titan quest chain in the Waking Sands.

The Ascians share names with FFXII's Scions of Light (as opposed to the Dark Scions, the Lucavi). We meet Pashtarot, Igeyorhm, Nabriales and of course, Lahabrea at the end of the MSQ.

We're also treated with Belias in the Summoner storyline and an Ascian of the Twelfth Staff. Belias is called both an elder primal and a primal of fire during this exchange. These quests more than any other lead me to believe there will be further quests in the Job storylines.

I've yet to unlock any Chronicles of a New Era, but I'm assuming it'll explain Alisaile's disappearance and the Coil/Labyrinth being what's currently imprisoning Bahamut.

The ending CS of the MSQ, when everyone realizes you're one of the Warriors of Light, and Cid's snarky "oh didn't I mention this will be the SECOND time he's saved Eorzea?" is so awesome I really hope it's Legacy-only and that they include more shit like that. Not in a look down on you peasants kind of way, but it just added so much more to the ending for me (*'-');

The slayings after Titan also tied up a lot of loose ends about other Path of the Twelve members from pre 1.0 existing in 2.0, lol.

Is that dark crystal Zodiark? Or is the dark crystal simply heralding the existence of a Dark World adding to the Warriors of Darkness & Cloud of Darkness added in Crystal Tower?

Hydaelyn appears to take something from us at the end--is it the Crystals of Light? Is it the Echo? It's faint and potentially nothing or faint and potentially everything...

Re-using the same music from the end of Futures Perfect for the last CS with Gaius is fucking awesome. Willing to be Gaius is canonically dead and Nero tol Scaeva will be our main adversary going forward.

All pureblood Garleans having a third eye is fucking creepy.

All elder primals have been confined in some way. Belias in soul crystals (it appears), Odin by Urth in a giant crystal (which shatters a la XI's dark protocrystal) and of course Dalamud and Bahamut. Of course, all 3 of these are also tied to Allagans (usually the Allagans doing the imprisoning)

Ultima Weapon is an Allagan device powered by an even older energy source, the Heart of Sabik. The Allagan device is further upgraded with Garlean Magitek. Considering these parallels and Nael van Darnus/Garlean knowledge of Allag, I'm beginning to think Allagan = Garlean almost entirely.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I don't think Hydaelyn takes the Echo, at least. You have an Echo-ish vision afterwards when you see the dark crystal, and the continued requests for aid with the Primals implies that your Echo-related immunity to tempering is still intact.

I'll have to watch the other Hydaelyn cutscenes again, but in the final one it looks like a huge chunk of the main crystal is missing. Perhaps I just never noticed it in the other appearances it made. The dark one looks whole, though.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's really hard to make out in the final CS anyways, there's a wispy light and your character reaches out iirc. The Primal bit is a good point, but I'm beginning to think/hope the dark crystal scene is something else entirely.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I couldn't tell, but what exactly does our character look across at, over in the distance, when speaking to Hydaelyn? It was incredibly brief and too far to see who/what it was, for me.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm actually interested in hearing their explanation for some of those Ascians at the end.

I mean.. Lightning, Cloud and Balthier in Eorzea. They could be references but then we also have the actual Lightning showing up as well.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought the hair looked blue-ish. May have just been the dark area made it seem that way.

Also I hope some gods come into play like Promathia in XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'm actually interested in hearing their explanation for some of those Ascians at the end.

I mean.. Lightning, Cloud and Balthier in Eorzea. They could be references but then we also have the actual Lightning showing up as well.
    Yoshida said that Cloud and Sephiroth will never show up in Eorzea. He pretty much said Lighting is there to promote XIII-3

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    Yoshida said that Cloud and Sephiroth will never show up in Eorzea. He pretty much said Lighting is there to promote XIII-3
    If it's not Cloud it's a clone because they look very similar.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It was this hair but blond:

Not what I'd call a clone tbh

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Something's been brought to my attention that evaded me, sorry if it's been mentioned before, but...

Lahabrea, Abyssal Celebrant = Mateus, the Corrupt
    Pashtarot, Knight-Star = Zeromus, the Condemner
    Igeyorhm, the Martyr = Shemhazai, the Whisperer
    Nabriales, the Majestic = Cuchulainn, the Impure

All of the Ascians are named after the Scions of Light, which are the analogs to the FFXII Espers who are the Scions of Darkness. Zodiark and Ultima are both all-encompassing; Ultima is the High Seraph, holy aspected; Zodiark if the Keeper of Precepts, darkness aspected. Could it be that Ultima was a primal of some kind?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So... Ascians just take over weary or otherwise vulnerable humans? I saw a shit-ton of Ascians in that ending CS... Hoo boy.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

My friends were joking around that I was in the ending cutscene before I'd finished the game. I didn't understand what they meant until I saw it, but one of the Ascians (I forget his name) has my same hair model/colour and general facial construction.

I'm an Ascian.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    It was this hair but blond:

Not what I'd call a clone tbh
    I didn't notice it either until Lightning showed up, that's Cloud's hairstyle from AC. I don't think it's a coincidence that the only Ascians without their hood on look very similar to past FF characters.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

"Global Online Producer - Sage Sundi" lul

But yeah, whats up with the female elv twin? Once she split, she has yet to appear again. Wuts up with that?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    "Global Online Producer - Sage Sundi" lul

But yeah, whats up with the female elv twin? Once she split, she has yet to appear again. Wuts up with that?
    You'll meet her again if you keep on doing the post-MSQ quests
    She leads you into the Binding Coil