1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Shit with all the lost tech Allag left lying around I'm convinced we will never fully be rid of them unless an expansion goes to the western continent. Speaking of allagan technology in 3.0 until we see inside of it, for all we know the ruins the goblins summon Alexander into are allagan as well.

That flying chained island looks like Alexander art/ff12's Alexander ship. And we know how Yoshi got a fascination, and rightly so, with Ivalice.

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

One theme has definitely been concurrent with the end of every patch so far has been the unrest in U'dah and Teledji Adeledji's involvement every step of the way from plotting the Revolution in 2.2, to the great interest in Omega in 2.3, and to prolonging the war with the Garleans via Roille in 2.4 revealed towards the end of the patch. The chalice from the picture for 2.5 gives me a very Ul'dah feel as well, so, "Before the Fall," could actually mean the fall of Ul'dah into chaos, which Nanamo states will happen when she announces her dissolving of the Syndicate and the monarchy. I don't think this will be the major event to close out 2.x however.

Edit: Did we ever get an explanation for the disappearance of that island with the library, by the way?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The Isle of Val and the Students of Baldesion? Only that an aetheric disturbance similar to the casting of Ultima occurred and it "vanished."

Given the namedrops of Val, Baldesion, and Krile (Minfilia's Student friend who's comatose) and Gilgamesh in Hildibrand, I don't think an N-Zone/Interdimensional Rift style raid is out of the question.

Alternatively, it's now a floating island.

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just looked at an old site I check for their gathering of information on FFXIV and upcoming patches, and one of the bulletins says:

Confirmed for 2.5: Before the Fall (Part 2) - Date TBA

Story - Main Scenario Second Arc

The latter part of the 2.5 story will be available in this update, and lead in the final moments of A Realm Reborn, into the new story of Heavensward.

Spoiler: show
    Story - Battle of Ishgard

As part of the climatic finale, a large battle will take place in Coerthas.
    Says they got their information from fanfest reveals, but no specific quotes listed. :s
    Here's the link though: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/4442...sward-details/

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Not to be rude, but I'm not sure why you're surprised? That stuff is from JP Fanfest. Which admittedly is only a week or so old, but still old!

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Not to be rude, but I'm not sure why you're surprised? That stuff is from JP Fanfest. Which admittedly is only a week or so old, but still old!
    I didn't catch wind of a lot of the JP stuff as much as I did the NA/EU ones. Please forgive my ignorance. ;o;

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    The Isle of Val and the Students of Baldesion? Only that an aetheric disturbance similar to the casting of Ultima occurred and it "vanished."

Given the namedrops of Val, Baldesion, and Krile (Minfilia's Student friend who's comatose) and Gilgamesh in Hildibrand, I don't think an N-Zone/Interdimensional Rift style raid is out of the question.

Alternatively, it's now a floating island.
    I keep imagining the Isle of Val pulled an Event Horizon/Doom/Quake/Star Trek thing... due to sketchy, internal, "scholarly" experiments and phased itself into an "Allagan hell" alternate dimension (where the Allagans never disappeared from Hydaelyn (lolWotG)) and then mysteriously reappears when we buy the expansion to reveal its grotesque transformation/assimilation of itself and the Students of Baldesion into a cyber, borg-like Allagan hivemind... the danger of which requires [the few intelligent] Dragons and Eorzeans to put their differences aside to repel the threat of.

Allagans truly being borg-like would explain a lot... though kinda' a cop-out.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Allagans are like Zilart, they're dabbled in everything we have to deal with
    I've gotta agree here; they're basically the "A Wizard did it" of this game. People that existed long before you and did everything better than you ever could, but died for XYZ reason.

Reminds me of some Xenogears shit.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Perhaps they got swallowed up into the void as they advanced technology/immortality too far. And now they maintain their souls by way of primal. And maybe their primal is a giant crystal who's name might be Zodiark.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The mass extinction of Allagans was during the Fourth Umbral Era, when they launched Dalamud. It's reasonable to assume the majority of them died during the tumultuous earthquakes that followed, as in 1.0 it was mentioned they left little to no written record. (Which makes sense, considering tomestones were wondrous rarities in 1.0 that Nael van Darnus sought over all of Eorzea only to get a precious few BUT NOW WE JUST GET FUCKIN THOUSANDS OF THEM)

Ascians = Allagan isn't a bad theory, but the major hole is the Ascians spread the knowledge of Primal Summoning and the Allagas sought to suppress it. (Much like every 'man' race does. The Circle of Knowing, the Garlean and Allag Empires, the city-states of Eorzea all try to stop summoning while Ascians actively encourage it)

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

How much do we know about the Circle of Knowing? Is that the group that Louisoix came from?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Yes he louie formed the group then came to erozea. Someone else can goto more details then I can but heres the abridged version. Sharlyan packed its bags and bounced out of Erozea when Garlemald first attacked and took Ala mihgo. Louie and his cohorts were not happy with that decision to abandon everyone so they formed the circle of knowing and stayed or came back to Erozea. They wanted to support the realm and its people but im fuzzy on the 1.0 specifics think they were still about primals then it just wasnt as clear? When Yoshi was brought in direction of game changed and circle moved its focus dealing with primals then stopping meteor. Urianger was also brought in when Yoshi started and started talking about prophecy and general astral and umbral eras lore(dont recall if era lore was ingame before that point). Skip ahead dalamud falls louie is a bro and saves us but circle is left without its leader. Circle teams up with Minfilla and her group of echo users and form scions as we know them going into 2.0.

Outside the circle members, the new roe female scion, and maybe male miqote in CT story we as players have not anyone else from Sharylan. Outside of the scions they are barely mentioned and have no idea if they have any formal relations with any city state in erozea. Are students of Baldesion ever explicitly stated as being part of Sharylan or the separate organization that happens to be mostly Sharylans?

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Apparently a lot of those Sharylans may actually be corpses wherever they are, based on that plot point we've been going on about in the MSQ.

I do wonder what we'll see in the void. Its not like Xande ever had his portal up and running prior to this, so I doubt the Allagans could have used the Void as some sort of dumping grounds for failed experiments. I have no doubts, however, that we'll wind up fighting some mutated-ass monsters that basically were just that.

The Allagans did have access to the Void, that's what the power generated by ST and Dalamud were for, opening and harnessing the the Void so Xande could conquer the world.

That's why CT was full of voidsent, monsters left over from what Xande used to expand the empire.

The Void is essentially the source of every voidsent ever, so it's got more than enough ancient evils to start with that it really doesn't need to be an Allag dumping ground too. Most likely thing is the final five fights from Final Fantasy III, but since they're kinda unimaginative (oh, boy, an Ahriman!) another interesting possibility is the four Dark Warriors.

The SMN Job Quests suggest that the Allagans had an extent and controlled Primal summoning system, presumably summoning and destroying them quickly for the purposes of Egis. The Ascians... are complicated. The Heart of Sabik predated the Allag, and was delivered to the Allag by and better understood by the Ascians, suggesting that darkcloaks are far, far older. I'd be unsurprised if they predate the 1st Era, or existed outside of the concept of time.

On the other hand, Odin was sealed by Urth's sacrifice during the rise or height of the Allagan Empire. Trapping Primals in Crystals if definitely an Allagan trick.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

We more or less already know what the bosses for final CT are going to be since we've had the artwork for most of the bosses for the longest time. Ahriman is definitely going to be there, most likely as a boss and not just a trash mob.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

what's with the female chocobo in the sheep quest? I thought we weren't supposed to have access to those

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

We weren't, but after the Calamity that seems to have been loosened a little. There's a whole quest chain at Bentbranch that deals with Leia laying an egg. I actually don't remember if it's part of the Gridania MSQ or not, but Bentbranch having female chocobos has been established.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

They're introducing Chocobo breeding alongside racing so it's safe to assume that we'll need female chocobos for that.