1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

When the Heavens Ward and Thordan perform Ultimate End, what does the scrolling text on the ground say?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    When the Heavens Ward and Thordan perform Ultimate End, what does the scrolling text on the ground say?
    "I shall end your vain struggle!"

Other than that it's probably "The battle fever passes." being spammed over and over.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    It doesn't. That's their default "ancient script" they use for Summoner / Scholar abilities and have confirmed it has no real direct translation. It only looks cool.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was pointed out to me but one winged angel played in my head when I was told to read the text.

Spoiler: show
    http://i.imgur.com/lJ5Qqri.jpg

but ya pointing to warring triad which isn't anything special but felt a little nod to 7 o:

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Sephirot is Fiend; all of the Warring Triad had names other than titles in the early concept iirc.

Fiend = Sephirot
    Goddess = Sophia
    Demon = Zurvan

So it still feels more of a nod to 6 than 7 (but the whole entry is still interesting)

I wouldn't be surprised if Sephirot, Sophia, and Zurvan become their canonical XIV names since the other names are a little lame

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If "treelike beings" can be "remnants" of Triad members, and the Triad is currently breaking out in a serious case of treelike stuff... that seems like something someone ought to be keeping an eye on.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

More importantly, the treelike beings are from Meracydia which would peg the Triad as Meracydian as well !

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

It might just be one of those "It happened when it happened" things, but

The low level Drg quests are pretty much "Estinien, bro, why don't you recognize me, bro? Also, I thought you were Nidhogg now? Also, how did you get one of the eyes back?"

How does that even work?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    It might just be one of those "It happened when it happened" things, but

The low level Drg quests are pretty much "Estinien, bro, why don't you recognize me, bro? Also, I thought you were Nidhogg now? Also, how did you get one of the eyes back?"

How does that even work?
    It's generally believed that quest are time-locked to the patch that they occurred. Somewhat awkward if you're challenging them after progressing onward, but yeah.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

It's not even "believed" it's explicit, lol. The game's timeline is equivalent to their patch cycle. You can do 2.55 and have Nanamo "die," then do the Culinarian quests (2.0) and have her alive and well with Lolorito. Pretty certain a dev post from the Lore team said as much during the Nanamo shit in 2.55

The early Dragoon quests (2.0) take place before his reintroduction in 2.4/2.5 and the events of 3.0/3.1.

Interestingly enough, there is a flag for starting the lv50+ DRG quests after clearing the HW MSQ. (Alberic mentions wanting to discover a way to free Estinien, but before they can do that [events of 3.0 DRG quests])

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Any tl;dr of the vanu quests? I lost all interest in beastmen dailies after the first two. Not trying to get my hopes up of something new from the vendor once the new rank hits.

Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu.

Everybody dance now.

The end.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Welp seems I got the jist of it. Wasn't sure if there was some deep dark secret but dancing seems to be it.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Gundus being enslaved by the Vundu is probably the most interesting bit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

No the most interesting bit was obviously our sick dance moves

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu Gundu Zundu Vundu Zundu Vundu Gundu Vundu Zundu.

Everybody dance now.

The end.
    Fuckin lost it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

aaaaaaaaand you get nothing for max rank. I am sure it'll pay off later but nothing as of now.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    aaaaaaaaand you get nothing for max rank. I am sure it'll pay off later but nothing as of now.
    There's another exp boost from the quests at max rank, so that's something. If you haven't already leveled all of your jobs to 60.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah that's the stupid part, jobs were all 60 or missing one to 60 by the time beastmen came out.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post3548036

Q: What purpose does the Garlean third eye serve?

A: The allows them to recognize the surroundings more than other races. For this reason, it is said that they specialize in handling airships and advanced arms.