1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 57 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 106 of 107 FirstFirst ... 56 96 104 105 106 107 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not sure how likely Ishgard being attacked is considering, sans Sharlaya, Ishgard is the only city in Eorzea equipped to even remotely handle airships.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I was hoping that we'd get something like Beseiged as the Garleans raid Ala Mhigo/Doma and attempt to take back some territory. But Yoshi is super against borrowing from XI (except for all the stuff straight-up stolen from XI, of course) so maybe we won't ever see that. Still, the time is right for something like that.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Late to the party, but how did Papalymo have the insight to bring Tupsamati to the Wall? Was it just 'no one else can use it as well as me, might as well take it'?

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I mean, he was given it to hold on to and I doubt he was just going to leave something so important laying around somewhere.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    I really loathed Estinien in HW because he's so "boo hoo I'm the raging bad/good guy with an anti-hero complex" but he was so fucking good in Stormblood.
    I liked Estinien in the 2.x/3.0 story, but then they fucked up with the bullshit in the patches of 3.1-3.3 after, but for SB he was back in proper form: taking out a cannon and actually making sure that those bullshit eyes can never been used a plot device ever again, unlike moron Alphy and the WoL (again -_-) Praise Estinien!

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Alphinaud really is the problem.
    WoL is just an enabler who lets him do retarded stuff and then cleans up his mess afterward.

We should just put Alisaie in charge. She's much smarter.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seriously, Alisaie better be coming along for all of the 4.x patches and for 5.0 as well. Her sassy comments and WoL's sassy dialog options will save the world.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

like a FISH

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I know it's probably an impossible request due to the situation the naadam was, but did anyone notice if Cirina had any unique ability much like Sadu and Magnai?

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyway, finally finished SB
    Spoiler: show
    Much better than the mess that were in my opinion ARR and HW. Although that's not saying much, the storytelling still suffers a lot; some tropes I can tolerate, others are just annoying.

The Doma part was a lot better, I think AM suffered the break and didn't build the same momentum. Honestly, to me it felt like the devs just wanted to be done with AM but didn't really have any ideas for it.

I really enjoyed the Azim arc. That was a lot of interesting lore and MagnaixSadu is the ship I'll sail on for this game.

Alisaie is leaps and bounds the best character in the game. Even Alphinaud becomes better with her next to him, so I hope they stick together cause otherwise Alph is a disaster.

Lyse...*sigh* was it really necessary? I mean, Yda was a fun character till she existed.
    As for the near future I would point to Thavnair and Bakyu(maybe spelling it wrong)simply cause they're close and not too big, but Idk.

What does everyone think they're doing with the Ascians/Empire now?

Tio Derp
    DHC Glitch of the House of Weave

BG Level

Idk why but that scene with Raubahn and Nanamo at the end of the last story update fucking wrecked me. The voice acting has gotten so much better.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    Idk why but that scene with Raubahn and Nanamo at the end of the last story update fucking wrecked me. The voice acting has gotten so much better.
    It's because they're the power couple in this game.
    At least until Sadu finally deigns to hook up with Magnai.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidLoki View Post
    There were a lot of great scenes this expansion. I didnt comment on it before, but god bless 4.0's ending was so satisfying, everything felt so....triumphant.

I also really enjoyed Arenvald's build up in 4.0 and 4.1 . Although it was weird because i always thought he was like a tertiary character, but he has the echo? I didnt remember that.... I feel he's been underutilized given that fact. Do any of the other random people are kinda-sorta in the Scions have any powerful talents I'm not aware of?

Also I'm a bit iffy on the whole Fordola redemption arc thing. Not sure how I'm going to feel....

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    It's because they're the power couple in this game.
    At least until Sadu finally deigns to hook up with Magnai.
    The sexual tension was palpable.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by carlweathers View Post
    I also really enjoyed Arenvald's build up in 4.0 and 4.1 . Although it was weird because i always thought he was like a tertiary character, but he has the echo? I didnt remember that.... I feel he's been underutilized given that fact. Do any of the other random people are kinda-sorta in the Scions have any powerful talents I'm not aware of?
    All of the people scouted for the Scions way back at the beginning of the game were either already part of the Circle of Knowing/Path of the 12 or had some form of Echo, however faint.

Of course he was underutilized, because Arenvald was pretty much just "some guy with the Echo" until this expansion just like all the others at the Waking Sands. What makes him notable is that he's also "another dude who's mad about Ala Mhigo", so he got to play a part in this and I think they probably planned that from the beginning. When I was playing through the story again with my alt after finishing 4.0 I paid special attention to the NPCs in the Waking Sands as they all had stuff to say between missions and Arenvald was especially paid attention to by the other NPCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    All of the people scouted for the Scions way back at the beginning of the game were either already part of the Circle of Knowing/Path of the 12 or had some form of Echo, however faint.

Of course he was underutilized, because Arenvald was pretty much just "some guy with the Echo" until this expansion just like all the others at the Waking Sands. What makes him notable is that he's also "another dude who's mad about Ala Mhigo", so he got to play a part in this and I think they probably planned that from the beginning. When I was playing through the story again with my alt after finishing 4.0 I paid special attention to the NPCs in the Waking Sands as they all had stuff to say between missions and Arenvald was especially paid attention to by the other NPCs.
    Gotcha, are there any other "some guy with the Echo" that are significant? I'd imagine they want to build up those characters if all the OG cast keep falling over like flies.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well...

no, they all died in the attack on the Waking Sands, Arenvald was lucky because he was out at the time iirc.
    Which just makes me realize how unfortunate it was to gather so many people with the echo in one place like that >_>

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So... Garlemald for 5.0.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character