1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 15 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 8 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 1 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 107 FirstFirst ... 57 97 105 106 107
Results 2121 to 2133 of 2133

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #2121
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,820
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Spoiler: show
    Pretty sure that's Gaius who's portraying "Shadowhunter" just based on the zoom in on his original mask? unless I'm overthinking things. Still..this story's ramping up.

  2. #2122
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,993
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yes, pretty much guaranteed that's him

    Spoiler: show
    And that Elezen with a katana is Lahabrea?

  3. #2123
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,820
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Yes, pretty much guaranteed that's him

    Spoiler: show
    And that Elezen with a katana is Lahabrea?
    Spoiler: show
    That i have no idea. I was thinking that was the same guy as the person at the end who's gaius, but I guess that'd make no sense. Interesting how old players are coming back, tho.

  4. #2124
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,615
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Spoiler: show
    The elezen is Zenos and the actual Zenos is Elidibus.

    Remember with the Echo one's soul can be removed from their body (See: Sahagin from 2.2). Likely Zeno's soul got kicked out when Elidibus took over.

    This is also why Asahi was taught enough about how to conduct a summoning so he could convince Yotsuyu to do one

  5. #2125
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,820
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Spoiler: show
    The elezen is Zenos and the actual Zenos is Elidibus.

    Remember with the Echo one's soul can be removed from their body (See: Sahagin from 2.2). Likely Zeno's soul got kicked out when Elidibus took over.

    This is also why Asahi was taught enough about how to conduct a summoning so he could convince Yotsuyu to do one
    Spoiler: show
    Hm.. you think so? I was thinking it was Gaius based on the mask at his waist. Would be really interesting that way. Unless you mean the masked guy who offed that other dude.

  6. #2126
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,326
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Spoiler: show
    Shadowhunter is a Hyur. He's talking about the Elezen disguised as a soldier, who is almost certainly the real Zenos. I don't recall anyone else referring to "the hunt". Impostor Zenos teaching someone how to summon screams Ascian as well.

  7. #2127
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,615
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Spoiler: show
    Shadowhunter is a Hyur. He's talking about the Elezen disguised as a soldier, who is almost certainly the real Zenos. I don't recall anyone else referring to "the hunt". Impostor Zenos teaching someone how to summon screams Ascian as well.
    Spoiler: show
    The Elezen refers to the hunt as in his hunt for the Warrior of Light

  8. #2128
    Impossiblu
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    7,622
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Spoiler: show
    The Elezen refers to the hunt as in his hunt for the Warrior of Light
    Most important thing is that he talks about how he "lost his place on the stage" etc. which is the exact type of crazy poetic dialogue that Zenos is fond of. Not to mention his katana. I'm just super stoked about Gaius coming back. I've been saying for years that he never died, we've had little threads of evidence to support it too; think about the DRK quest where you are forced to face everyone you've killed... Gaius never shows up. His body is never recovered, nothing is ever set in stone about Gaius being dead. NPCs don't even reference him anymore after Praetorium. Figured he'd be coming back soon after the ending cutscene of Stormblood.

  9. #2129
    Queen of the Pity Party
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    9,399
    BG Level
    8

    in regards to the 24-man (sorry if it's been mentioned - I'm still avoiding MSQ spoilers):


    Spoiler: show
    so uhhhhh FFXIV takes place in an alternate universe where Ashe really died and the events of FFXII never happened?

  10. #2130

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    in regards to the 24-man (sorry if it's been mentioned - I'm still avoiding MSQ spoilers):


    Spoiler: show
    so uhhhhh FFXIV takes place in an alternate universe where Ashe really died and the events of FFXII never happened?
    Yes. And also
    Spoiler: show
    Ashe and Rasler weren't married but brother and sister. Apparently.
    I mean, they had to write out Fran. How else were they going to convince us we don't need Viera as a playable race?

  11. #2131
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,326
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Spoiler: show
    The Elezen refers to the hunt as in his hunt for the Warrior of Light
    I know, I was using that to support it almost certainly being him. I'm pretty sure that's the only primary antagonist we've met with that particularly visceral raison d'etre

  12. #2132
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,032
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    in regards to the 24-man (sorry if it's been mentioned - I'm still avoiding MSQ spoilers):


    Spoiler: show
    so uhhhhh FFXIV takes place in an alternate universe where Ashe really died and the events of FFXII never happened?
    [QUOTE=Yuri-G;7055416]in regards to the 24-man (sorry if it's been mentioned - I'm still avoiding MSQ spoilers):


    We're a different reality than XII. In the original Ivalice time line, FFXII came before FFT and here. it's reversed.

  13. #2133
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0

    At least that's the vibe I've had from their relationship.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag