1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 27 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 5 hours, 32 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 4 hours, 27 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I am under the impression that Alpha is for stress testing. They've explained it once, Alpha will be open only during scheduled times and they'll give everyone a specific task. Go here and do X. That is not something that anyone can or should be judging quality from, unless they're actually asking "was the FATE thing we asked you to participate in fun?" Maybe that's what they're doing, I don't know.
    Players shouldn't judge quality from an Alpha at all.
    My point is that after 2 years of playing on the same shitty servers most simply got used to it (see the various "if you don't dodge Eruption it's not because of latency but because you're an idiot and didn't adapt"). New players and those who quit when the game kept crashing all the time don't really have this issue. They won't find excuses for shitty code.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Ahh, I gotcha. I misinterpreted what you said at first then, and that makes perfect sense.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Why would they need you in the Alpha? You love everything that 1.0 was, so what feedback could they possibly garner from you aside from "great job SE; keep up the good work; we love you no matter what product you produce!"
    Good lord you're a douche.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I wonder if they took into effect whether people had played other MMOs at the same time. I know as a dev trying to seriously get feedback on latency and whatnot, I'd much rather bring in people that played TERA, GW2, RIFT or other modern MMOs than someone that had only played XI and XIV. You're not going to get any useful feedback from someone who only plays your past products.

@Miko: I never said I wasn't. I am, however, correct in my statement.

Edit: I want the game to be the best it can be. It can't be the best (just like 1.0) if the people testing it are all "this shit is the best thing since FFXI!" Do we need to go back and look at some of your alpha/beta/October release posts to clarify?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I don't see why people are complaining. I got in, can't they see that is all that matters?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I got email today :D im in !

Little Mother
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I wonder if they took into effect whether people had played other MMOs at the same time. I know as a dev trying to seriously get feedback on latency and whatnot, I'd much rather bring in people that played TERA, GW2, RIFT or other modern MMOs than someone that had only played XI and XIV. You're not going to get any useful feedback from someone who only plays your past products.

@Miko: I never said I wasn't. I am, however, correct in my statement.

Edit: I want the game to be the best it can be. It can't be the best (just like 1.0) if the people testing it are all "this shit is the best thing since FFXI!" Do we need to go back and look at some of your alpha/beta/October release posts to clarify?
    Ladies, ladies. You're both pretty. I think it is important to have all kinds of players when you're testing a game, hence why most applications ask those types of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    I don't see why people are complaining. I got in, can't they see that is all that matters?
    Lol.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

You must have noticed my alluring eyes. Thank you. <3

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It makes me chortle like a fat neckbeard when people think that Alpha testing is about the game's mechanics or content implementation and their opinion of it... or when they believe that testing a game should somehow be prioritized for skeptics.

Testing. I don't think that word means what you think it means.

(Also, you're absolutely wrong and must not have read anything I posted in this section over the past two years. Back on the ol' ignore list...)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

And I don't think anyone here said that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Here, at least. I suggest everyone to stay far, far away from the OF. It's teeming with madness right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    Here, at least. I suggest everyone to stay far, far away from the OF. It's teeming with madness right now.
    Would I venture to guess multiple threads of self entitled OP's asking where their alpha invites are, despite having played the game for all of 3 months in order to get legacy?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Would I venture to guess multiple threads of self entitled OP's asking where their alpha invites are, despite having played the game for all of 3 months in order to get legacy?
    Tip of the iceberg.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii
    Sorry to those of you that were not selected in the current round of Alpha Tester selection. Unfortunately, we need to control the number of users participating, so not everyone is guaranteed a spot. However, please note that this is not the final selection for Alpha Testers and we are proceeding to make adjustments so that we can continue to add testers.

While we can't offer firm timing, or other specifics, at this time, there will be more chances to be selected. We appreciate your understanding everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faiyez
    Like you're able to keep non-active applicants from being accepted to your test in accordance to your own guidelines?

You'd rather delete entire threads without warning, wouldn't you?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Well that's the kind of people you don't want in an Alpha anyway.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Are the e-mails being sent to the e-mail registered with your square-enix account? I can't remember if the alpha sign up asked for a specific e-mail or not

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    Are the e-mails being sent to the e-mail registered with your square-enix account? I can't remember if the alpha sign up asked for a specific e-mail or not
    I don't remember them asking any other e-mail during registration so yes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Let him seethe. Its good for the soul. Gravy for the turkey, so to speak.

Oh and man, those OFers are hella mad.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Not just OF is dumb atm (hope you can read between the lines)

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Re: Official global alpha start date: November 28th.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Not just OF is dumb atm (hope you can read between the lines)
    More apt than was probably intended.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

Gonna be funny when alpha starts and people rage over crashes and dcs all the time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 75 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast