+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Wintersday is coming     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

4 hours or so in the middle of the night literally going mad at the clocktower...
    Christmas "jumping puzzle" completed on my second attempt. Hurray.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Anyone understand why they would short you 50 cogs, for a third pet, if you complete all 5 instances and opened the chest? Seems kinda really stupid, but hey, not like that isn't a norm for ANET.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I'll admit I found it odd to. But I got my griffon and golem pets so I can't complain.

tol

Earlier in the week there was an issue where people hit dungeon DR by running Tixx at the first stop & then running it again when it transfered cities to the 2nd stop. This inadvertently caused these people to only receive 50 cogs instead of the full 250. It's basically a very hastily done & confusing (for people who don't know why) fix to make sure they could still make 2 Mini's..but not make it so everyone else could make 3 mini's. I'm guessing that the scale was so large that it was simply easier to do it this way than track down everyone individually and compensate them through mail or whatever.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Alright so I JUST got my computer up and running and so could somebody write up a quick guide (or link me to one) to getting all the minis? Seeing as how I've missed half the event I need to make up a lot of ground. I got on for a couple hours and got half the of the achievements but way more worried about the minis.

Sick obsession with collecting all the holiday/event minis.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

If you do all of the instances then you will get enough materials to make 2, and you will need to buy 250 stuffing/glue to make the third. Each of the toy instances gives you 100 cogs and then the tixx Xmas gift is an additional 250.

Then you have to buy the last 2 on the cash shop AND play the RNG game w/boxes in order to get those 3. If you don't get the quaggan from the RNG boxes then you need to throw one of each of the RNG box pets into the forge along w/50 glue or stuffing to get the quaggan.

People are really pissed how they did pets,w/a good reason to be IMO. They milked collectors for tons if money this event. Hopefully they take the negative feedback to heart

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Taisaijin
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    then you need to throw one of each of the RNG box pets into the forge along w/50 glue or stuffing to get the quaggan.
    Just a small note to this. It just has to be 3 pets from the boxes it can be the same one if you have multiples.

Don't see why all the hate for a company making money from people collecting holiday event stuff. You're playing a free game with a cash shop.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's the random factor. I was fine with the way Halloween minis were. Buy the set twice to get all of them. Which was like $20 or something.

tol

As someone who bought the halloween set twice, I was much more comfortable with that way of acquiring mini pets. Anet gets my money, I get what I want..everyone is happy.

Not digging the Christmas way of acquiring mini's but I hope they are listening to the feedback and move forward in a better way. I'd be more inclined to give them a pass on the infinarium/festive golem/etc if they didnt make it so there wasn't a possible way to get 5/5 of the city mini's without purchasing 2 of them in the cash shop. Felt that was a bit of a bone-headed decision. I would love to give ANet money because I think they have done a terrific job (in most aspects) but I would prefer that in the future they focus more on making things available individually OR making them not account-bound.

I think most people can agree that RNG-boxes are not what the average cash-shop buyer wants to deal with. At least judging from the comments aimed at TERA and more recently SWTOR's stab at a cash shop.

edit: i blame Crystin Cox

as long as you guys will keep paying them, which you will, I can't really see them completely forgoing a method that makes them more money.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

an overwhelming majority didn't bother with RNG boxes due to getting fucked by the Halloween ones. I personally would have rather had the option of buying the mini set for 500 gems again, and would have gladly bought two sets to get all 4 like I did for Halloween. I don't mind buying the forgable ones for 350 each either since we got 3 free ones, but I would have preferred being able to craft all of them if I put the effort in.

Have been an avid minio collector since GW1, it's expected that there'll be some minis that are retardedly annoying to get (polar bear!), but the event ones shouldn't fall in that category.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm loving the floating golem mini. Got it on my 80 Norn Guardian and then transferred it over to my lil Asuran Mesmer alt. Looks so cute on her.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    This couldn't come at a better time. My semester ends Thursday so I won't have to worry about missing out due to exams.
    where does your picture come from? I like the boy in blue headpiece!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4