BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Has anyone figured out where the Qutrub NM is? Someone mentioned before that the south side of F4 does not spawn a Lamia NM even though they killed all the Lamia. I know there's a big room of Qutrub on the south side of F4, so I'm guessing the south side has a Qutrub NM that spawns in there while the north side has the Lamia NM. Both sides have an Acrolith NM.
    We got the Qutrub NM after killing most of the Qutrub in that room. But after this the Lamia NM didn't pop, so maybe you only can pop one per floor.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

LAC in SSR II dropped morigan plans for us.

Also on floor 2 cleared the room where mori pants 35 used to drop and got no NM to pop, so don't waste your time there !(took us 15-20min)

HQ dverg dropped purse, Namru's dastana and Neit's crown.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Restrat View Post
    We got the Qutrub NM after killing most of the Qutrub in that room. But after this the Lamia NM didn't pop, so maybe you only can pop one per floor.
    I'm pretty sure the Lamia NM doesn't pop on the side with the Qutrub, someone else said they couldn't get it to pop there even without doing Qutrub NM. So there's the Qutrub NM on the south side and the Lamia NM on the north side with Acrolith NMs on both sides. What did the Qutrub drop? Guessing Umbrage.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Missing 3 Troll NMs in Bhaflau, certainly on second or third floor:

Troll Huntsman
    Troll Spellbinder
    Troll Occultist

My guess is that two of these are in the center room of the F3 north/south sides (of which you can only access one per run), with the third somewhere in the F3 central/east/west area, which you can access regardless of which side you come from (or possibly in F2 central area).

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

For Arra, the trigger to get NQ khim to spawn on 6f is to kill the chariots BEFORE you aggro the rampart? We just killed the 3 center chariots + armored then aggroed rampart...nada.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    For Arra, the trigger to get NQ khim to spawn on 6f is to kill the chariots BEFORE you aggro the rampart? We just killed the 3 center chariots + armored then aggroed rampart...nada.
    While this isn't proof and could easily just be coincidence, both times my group did Arra, we killed all four chariots in the center and all four chariots in the side rooms before engaging the Rampart. Khimaira popped both times.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Missing 3 Troll NMs in Bhaflau, certainly on second or third floor:

Troll Huntsman
    Troll Spellbinder
    Troll Occultist

My guess is that two of these are in the center room of the F3 north/south sides (of which you can only access one per run), with the third somewhere in the F3 central/east/west area, which you can access regardless of which side you come from (or possibly in F2 central area).
    There is one troll NM on BRII SW room of 2nd floor, but I don't remember the name.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

did a super fast SSR. i did not clear any floors, basically i just kill 1(they spawn in grp for ssr) of each type of mob so the unlock can replicate on lamps as mentioned in my bhaflau findings:

1F:
    i killed like 1 grp of qiqirn, doomed and ALL imps so doom NM pops
    killed doom NM
    total ramparts killed: 5

2F kill 4 ramparts total on the west side-central room (both L corridors)
    they spawn 3 rdm 3 pld? 3 mnk and 3 something else so thats pretty much unlock everything
    killed MNK NM (at 1 of the room in central area)
    killed 1 rampart at west side before PLD NM rampart to unlock str
    killed PLD NM(west side)
    total ramparts killed: 7

3F:
    kill 1 rampart of orobon
    kill orobon NM
    long-arm chariot's rampart was up w/o killing any of the rampart in room, but we needed unlocks anyway so i pulled 1 rampart (3xgear 1xgear) for unlocks
    killed long armed chariot
    total ramparts killed: 4

4F:
    Up to this point, killed 16 ramparts and 5 NMs
    whoever didnt get the equip unlocks on 3F check lamp
    KILLED NOTHING, basically sneak pass everything, opened door asap and NQ chair rampart was there
    killed NQ chair, dropped usu body and skadi hands

5F:
    Killed HQ chairman dropped madruk pants and the 100% pouch

all in all, i kinda conclude that to get NQ chairman, you need to either:
    1. Kill all possible NM on route for now, its possible to kill 5 NMs (Doom, fomor x2, orobon, chariot)
    2. timing? get watever unlock u need on 4F and speed through to the door

Translation (bunch of other posts besides this one, but nothing worth translating unless you're really into vegetables, etc.):

Regarding Salvage

Now that the version update has been completed and the upper tier expansion of Salvage was introduced, I want to comment on the replies comparing this to past Salvage.

For the upper tier Salvage expansion, the goal was to allow players to clear as much as possible without the event being too shallow and without getting stuck.

With that assumption, the balance of the content was adjusted so that it can normally be cleared relatively quickly with about six players (and it seems that some people have already been able to clear with even fewer than six).

Some people who are especially experienced in the previous Salvage, however, may feel a little dissatisfied.

The event was designed with veteran players in mind as well, with the hope that if you continue to explore the various routes you can become more efficient and acquire more items along the same paths.

The routes were designed so that it is easy to aim for the goal of your choice; for example, by including areas where it is easy to collect Alexandrite. I think that as you investigate more thoroughly and discover these parts, you'll discover the purpose of these additional areas.
    I like the sound of this.. lets find them!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I think we've already found it, kind of. They're probably talking about this:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Zhayolm_R...I#Fourth_Floor

You can do a similar thing in Arrapago, where a Rampart will use Reinforcements and summon 6 Archaic Gears at once. It is possible that these have a chance to drop a Cotton Pouch or something. I don't know because we basically shat ourselves and wiped when 6 gears spawned and started hitting us for 300 damage a swing.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    Alexandrite market should become fairly saturated again.
    I can only pray ~_~

You need to convince 3 ppl to get 200 alex, that's the problem they probably didn't consider ... As usual it will be easier to buy from bazars for upgraders.

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    You need to convince 3 ppl to get 200 alex, that's the problem they probably didn't consider ... As usual it will be easier to buy from bazars for upgraders.
    What route have you found for 200? me and my friend who dual boxes would happily do that daily for 100 each, thats not a bad haul considering other income sources would have us both at mythic in a decent amount of time

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I think we've already found it, kind of. They're probably talking about this:
    https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Zhayolm_R...I#Fourth_Floor

You can do a similar thing in Arrapago, where a Rampart will use Reinforcements and summon 6 Archaic Gears at once. It is possible that these have a chance to drop a Cotton Pouch or something. I don't know because we basically shat ourselves and wiped when 6 gears spawned and started hitting us for 300 damage a swing.
    I mentioned previously, we cleared that room in Arrapago. While there were no purses, and likely aren't any, every Gears is guaranteed to drop at least one Alexandrite. We got 51 singles total on that run (plus another hundred or so between a cotton and linen purse). Probably 3/4 of the singles were from that one room.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    all in all, i kinda conclude that to get NQ chairman, you need to either:
    1. Kill all possible NM on route for now, its possible to kill 5 NMs (Doom, fomor x2, orobon, chariot)
    2. timing? get watever unlock u need on 4F and speed through to the door
    Definitely not #1 - we did a run where we only killed 2 NMs and we were still able to pop/kill the NQ Dvergr on 4F (and HQ on 5F). Might be timing though, I bum rushed through that floor as soon as we ported up. Rest of my group met me there after I found the rampart. BTW, you missed the Qiqirn on F1 in the middle of the floor, so you didn't kill all the NMs.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Salvage II - Slavage Harder

I think you have to kill 15 or 16 ramparts.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I think you have to kill 15 or 16 ramparts.
    Would be easy to test if you can open the door and watch it spawn as you continue to kill ramparts. Not sure if you can open door, but in Arra for instance, you can watch NMs pop as you fulfill the pop conditions, so I'm assuming it'd work here too.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

In Arrapago, it could be that the spawn condition for the 4th floor Lamia/Qutrub NMs are killing a certain number of Lamia/Qutrubs, eh? That would explain why it doesn't spawn for some and does for others (first floor kills).

After looking at Zhayolm, I see the optimal group for Zhayolm being MNK/MNK/RDM and following this path:
    Floor 1: Clear the first wing, kill the frog NM, port up
    Floor 2: Clear the room you zone into, kill the Gear NM, port up
    Floor 3: Kill two Diremites/Pugils, pop the NM from the Rampart, open the southern door, kill the gear NM, zone up
    Floor 4: Zone up if you don't care about Alex
    Floor 5: Kill a few single gears, feed the Rampart TP until it pops the THF NM, kill the THF NM and Rampart. Kill the Chariot, kill the Battleclad Chariot, zone up.
    Floor 6: Kill the Gear(s), pop/kill the Hydra, zone up
    Floor 7: Kill the Enraged Hydra, leave

You pop 6 paper NMs, 1 NQ boss, and 1 HQ boss. I might try this later today.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Definitely not #1 - we did a run where we only killed 2 NMs and we were still able to pop/kill the NQ Dvergr on 4F (and HQ on 5F). Might be timing though, I bum rushed through that floor as soon as we ported up. Rest of my group met me there after I found the rampart. BTW, you missed the Qiqirn on F1 in the middle of the floor, so you didn't kill all the NMs.
    i killed that too, my bad didnt add in so 6 NMs

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    You pop 6 paper NMs, 1 NQ boss, and 1 HQ boss. I might try this later today.
    Fairly sure that 6 NMs and both bosses is optimal clear condition for all four zones.