• Navigation
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2012-13 NFL Week 16: Okay, who left the child lock off the NFL thread?

The prodigal son returns... At least this gives me reason to break out all my favorite Cowboys gifs.

Last week
    M/L: 7-9
    ATS: 4-12

Overall
    M/L: 138-85-1
    ATS: 107-109-8

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 22ND

8:30pm EST

Atlanta at Detroit (+3.5) - The Lions haven't won a game since the Sunday after Halloween and just lost by 28 points to Arizona. Atlanta has Julio Jones. Falcons win and cover.

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 23RD

1:00pm EST

Minnesota at Houston (-7.5) - Foster against Peterson, during a week in which every sensible fantasy league is having their championship game? Forget NFL Red Zone, just tune into this one. Texans win and cover.

St. Louis at Tampa Bay (-3) - So how many people streamed Josh Freeman and got completely fucked last week? Or am I the only one? Bearing that in mind, use Sam Bradford with caution. Also why doesn't anyone talk about Bradford's weird eye?!

Rams in the upset.

Washington at Philadelphia (+6.5) - As much press as RGIII and Cousins get, credit the Washington defense for their win streak. I wrote them off early in the season after getting torched by St. Louis and Cincy and losing Orakpo, but they are making enough of a difference to keep them in games. In fact, they haven't been down two possessions since their bye week, when the win streak began. I'm not on the bandwagon just yet, and they still need to get better pressure on the quarterback, but Washington could do some damage in the playoffs. Philly is playing LeSean McCoy this week, for reasons undetermined. Redskins win and cover.

New Orleans at Dallas (-3) - Ben Roethlisberger was so embarrassed by losing to the Cowboys, he ripped Todd Haley and had to apologize afterward. That's how bad Dallas is. They do look decent on offense when Romo, Murray, Dez, Smiles, and Witten are all on the same page. I just don't trust them to get stops, which will especially hurt this week against New Orleans. Ah, New Orleans... what could have been had you not pissed off Goodell somethin' awful. Saints in the upset.

Indianapolis at Kansas City (+6.5) - Brady Quinn needs a bit of Rex Grossman in him. Checkdown Brady averaged 4.3 yards per pass attempt last week. UNLEASH THE IRISH DRAGON. They might also want to recommit to the run, since Charles had just 10 yards on 9 carries. I don't think Indy can hang with good teams, as Houston had total control of their game last week, and they don't do well outdoors on the road. But then again, it's the Goddamn Chiefs. Colts win and cover.

New England at Jacksonville (+14.5) - New England, coming off a loss, against a doormat team? This should be fun. Patriots win and cover.

Cincinnati at Pittsburgh (-4) - If not for Baltimore's complete collapse three weeks ago, Pittsburgh would be on a five-game losing streak and jockeying for draft position with the likes of Tampa Bay. They can take control of 6th seed with a win here, but I haven't seen any consistency from either the offense or the defense this season. Meanwhile, Cincy has taken care of business, dispatching teams on their light schedule with ease. Rivalry games can get weird, and I usually like home field advantage in situations like this, but I believe Cincy is just a better team right now. Bengals in the upset.

Buffalo at Miami (-4.5) - Ryan Tannehill is definitely the forgotten man in the under-25 rookie quarterback class. But considering his weapons (leading receiver Brian Hartline!) his numbers don't look half bad. Also consider for a moment that Miami is still alive in the playoff race in week 16. I think Buffalo went in the tank two weeks ago, I wouldn't bet on them doing much of anything here. Dolphins win and cover.

Oakland at Carolina (-8.5) - Meh. Panthers win, Raiders with the points.

Tennessee at Green Bay (-12.5) - I know we all think of the Pack as this potent offense, but they are 13th in points and 17th in yards. They'll win, but don't expect a monster fantasy day from Rodgers, especially considering Tennessee has played some ugly games and can slow the pace down pretty well. Packers win, Titans with the points.

San Diego at NY Jets (-2.5) - McElroy. Jets win and cover.

4:05pm EST

Cleveland at Denver (-13) - As much progress as I think Cleland has made this season, they just can't compare with a top team like Denver. I just need one more monster fantasy game from TRENT and I'll be satisfied. Broncos win, Browns with the points.

4:25pm EST

Chicago at Arizona (+5.5) - Beanie Wells pulled the classic Shonn Greene move, when upon if I hate on someone for long enough, they go nuts for one shining moment of dominance. Truth be told, Arizona owes as much to Fat-Face Stafford for their win last week. Chicago is one of five 8-6 teams fighting for two playoff spots in the NFC, and have lost three straight. But with games against the Cards and Lions, I like them to get to 10 wins more than anyone else. Bears win and cover.

NY Giants at Baltimore (+2.5) - The wheels are starting to come off for the Ravens, but they're still sitting pretty for a playoff spot. Winning in September counts the same as winning in December, kids. There's no telling which Giants team is going to show up here. To be honest, I don't think it matters. Ravens in the upset.

8:20pm EST

San Francisco at Seattle (+1) - All of Seattle's losses have come on the road. At home they are 6-0 and outscoring opponents 181-69. Sweet Jeebus. The '9ers have a tough task ahead. And how do you reconcile losing to St. Louis, then beating New England two weeks later? That's the risk you take when being coached by a madman.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/15...arbaughlol.gif

God I love that gif. Seahawks in the upset.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

that last gif fit so perfectly, lol

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BEARS have been in bold every week except one (maybe two...). Too bad that's not their actual record.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mythe_Seraph View Post
    BEARS have been in bold every week except one (maybe two...). Too bad that's not their actual record.
    He keeps picking us too

<3 u bregs

Laugh it up, Fuzzball.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    He keeps picking us too

<3 u bregs
    http://lancasteronline.com/blogs/the...my-apollo2.jpg

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

tappintalks, etc.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BEARS is a safe bet this week. Don't get me wrong, I love that they keep getting favored and I love the support they have on these boards. Just sad of their recent skid. I'm going to the game this weekend, super excited. Tons of Bears fans here in Arizona.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

bregs, ur "analysis" of panthers games this year has been atrocious.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...plZpo1_500.gif

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    bregs, ur "analysis" of panthers games this year has been atrocious.
    Before the season started I said Cam's rookie numbers were unsustainable and the team would struggle as a result, despite Luke Kuechly being awesome. I suppose I could just rephrase that sixteen times, but what's the point? Once they get an O-line and a secondary, then we'll talk.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Bengals are 5-2 on the road.

3-4 at home LOL

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

in conclusion,

Raheem Morris COTY

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Flarega View Post
    in conclusion,

Raheem Morris COTY

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    All I care about is AD breaking the rushing record.
    I'd be happy with him getting 2k and MVP, as long as it doesn't go to Manning.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I sure hope Manning doesn't win the MVP. Should go to Peterson for sure.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Why?

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Re: 2012-13 NFL Week 16: Okay, who left the child lock off the NFL thread?

JJ Watt may break the sack record, leads the league in run stuffs, and leads all non-secondary players in passes defensed. He also plays for a 12-2 team without another dominant player. He's arguably having the greatest season in history for a defensive player. In a season where Manning, Brady, and Rodgers are largely interchangeable, and where AP won't make the playoffs, I think he should win unless something drastic happens over the last two games.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

good points.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    the greatest season in history for a defensive player
    http://static1.businessinsider.com/i...on-sanders.jpg

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    I know this is just your homer coming out but I hope for this too. QBs get this shit too much.
    No Homo(er) dude. The last 5 winners were QB's and while Peyton is having a great year, I don't see him as MVP. You could take AP and put him on any team in the NFL, even Housten, and they would be a better team even if just slightly or by fractions. You couldn't do that with Peyton I don't think.

I've always liked the "Best player on the best team" mentality, but AP really does deserve it. I have this bad feeling Peyton will win it out of pity, or PR or something, but I feel AP deserves it more. The only other person I feel should get it is JJ sWatt, but that also goes towards my love for defensive players (wanted Te'o to win the heisman) and towards my bestplayerbestteam thing.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast