1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Schedule (12/26/2012)

Sounds like someone wants FFXI all over again to me. CoP-esque as prereq? Really? I'll just say it before Church does: GTFO.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I think its really that the difficulty didn't scale well in FFXIV 1.0, also a lot of the things that created prerequisites were only added much later to the game. There also weren't enough people, go figure.

As a new player starting ARR you figure that they will have to get to 30 and then start doing job quests, some of the AF quests would be particularly difficult if you didn't have friends. The later dungeons required the earlier ones to be completed first, but it was easy to complete Darkhold -- killing Batraal was optional. In retrospect they probably should have made Batraal mandatory, as he did have a lot of mechanics which would be important later. The baby (quest) avatar battles were easy if you were high enough above cap, and were introduced after people either had most jobs at 50 or quit -- meaning most people did them at level 50 and didn't gain any foresight from those fights.

Its really embarrassing to think about what FFXIV 1.0 was at launch, there really was absolutely nothing! The first "endgame" they implemented were the special leves that unlocked NMs if I am not mistaken... and that occured after the old team was kicked out. The idea of starting on a fresh server and being able to experience the new in full is really an interesting proposal, but I know I could never destroy my current progress MMOS take so damn long to progess in.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I told myself after XI and WoW I would never play another MMO, but damnit I'll have to give this a shot.

Carry on.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Sounds like someone wants FFXI all over again to me. CoP-esque as prereq? Really? I'll just say it before Church does: GTFO.
    Yes, please lock 90% of the game behind 3 promyvion dungeon crawls followed by 3 boss battles. /sarcasm

(I had fun though.)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not gonna' lie, CoP difficulty was super fun but only because it was during the primetime of my XI playing, when I had a tight-knit group of skilled in-game buddies and not much of a life outside of the game. It was a pretty exclusive little club to belong to while it lasted. I can only imagine how frustrating it may have been for the less intense players stuck in Promyvions/Tenzen/Sacrarium/Monarch Linn/[insert other level-capped bullshit here].

That shit ain't going to fly for me anymore though. I'm not the ample young buck I used to be.

CoP was never difficult though.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

The only difficult part of any XI or XIV content I've done has been forming a party for it. I can see why people prefer solo play because it eliminates that artificial difficulty, but for me it's more fun in a group. This content finder must deliver.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    The only difficult part of any XI or XIV content I've done has been forming a party for it. I can see why people prefer solo play because it eliminates that artificial difficulty, but for me it's more fun in a group. This content finder must deliver.
    Must suck having nobody like you.

lolololol

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Must suck having nobody like you.
    I'm just going to assume you are trolling.

I don't think he is

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Yeah, you're gonna have those ninja groups that run 4/5 slots or whatever and boot some innocent person at the end of a run to grab the loot, but those types of people will be easily called out and ostracized, especially in a game that doesn't allow you to easily change your name or change servers.
    Didn't content finder allow for cross-server partying?

Also forgetting that 14 community is not 11 community and ostracizing doesn't take place because no one has any fucks to give.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    CoP was never difficult though.
    Man, you are so cool.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    Didn't content finder allow for cross-server partying?
    When I was still playing (WotLK), content-finder was server-onry. I've never been a fan of cross-server for that reason alone. If a game has a large enough population at all level spreads, cross-server really isn't an issue. But that's a discussion for another day; 2.0 has a long way to go before they need to worry about such things.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    False Suspect
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I could remember reading somewhere content finder would be cross server. Damne flood of info could have drowned my memory however.

I briefly played BC and iirc, it seemed as if content finder Was cross-server at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWWiki
    Q. Will the Raid Finder be cross-realm?

A. Yes, the Raid Finder will draw players from all realms. As with the Dungeon Finder, it will place some priority on grouping players from the same realm, though not at the cost of increased queue times.
    It has also been mentioned once or twice that the Content Finder will be eventually augmented to be cross server, if not initially.

ES #1 HUE HUE HUE
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

I can't see any downside to cross realm dungeon finder. Nobody actually gave a shit when someone in trade chat was raging about being ninja'd back when it was server only (wotlk). And honestly it's not like you meet tons of friends/potental guild members either. Most people are terrible and even if you do get grouped with good people odds are they are in a good guild/ls already.

If you're dead set on grouping with people on your server you can still shout in trade chat, invite people to party, and just queue up for a dungeon with whoever you could get.

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

I read somewhere that they're making "new" servers. I can't find any information on this though. Anyone got a source or am I just bullshitting myself?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yes, they are. And they will not allow any character transfers to them (at least for a while) so these servers will be devoid of an economy at launch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast