1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 7 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Man, you are so cool.
    I used to think it was tough but

Formerly known as Arcknight.
    BG Level

That's fine by me. I don't think my level 14 gladiator will get me anywhere on an old server anyways.

ES #1 HUE HUE HUE
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Super Bad
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Blackrock

Speaking of which, I hope server transfers are free like in RIFT. I really don't see the point in charging for an automated system.

....money?

Seems like a pretty good reason to me.

It won't be, I want to say they've already hit on it costing money post initial one.

Sad because not even F2P MMO's do that - the fee and content/support that comes with it will be a big factor for whether a lot of people pick the game up. Even playing GW2, I'm getting more and more into the pace of the combat and know that 14 will be completely unable to ever match it. Their goal is to get the game acceptable to todays standards, what they do after will be very important.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

When looking at games like LOTRO that is still rolling pretty well, it becomes clear that 2.0 can stand on its own two feet so long as the game itself isn't a pain in the ass to actually play. Make the game playable and modern, and people will pour in to see the content. You can churn content out faster than you can try to retroactively fix and implement everything that people are asking for.

I don't think there's going to be a beta in the history of MMOs that will tell more about the future of a game than this one. Hell, WoW was an unstable mess in beta and even at launch, but it thrived. 2.0's beta promises so much more than what alpha is currently delivering (and Alpha, itself, is far superior to the beginnings of 1.0 that its night and day); if they can make even 80% of what they've promised and have talked about come true... I have high hopes for 2.0 standing on its two feet solidly for years.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    When looking at games like LOTRO that is still rolling pretty well, it becomes clear that 2.0 can stand on its own two feet so long as the game itself isn't a pain in the ass to actually play. Make the game playable and modern, and people will pour in to see the content. You can churn content out faster than you can try to retroactively fix and implement everything that people are asking for.
    LOTRO is also free-to-play, mostly appeals to people who want to romp around in Tolkien's world, and, I think most importantly, came out five years ago -- times were different back then. I think these days, "playable and modern" aren't enough to get people to pour in, but it might be enough to make it a success by SE's standards.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    CoP was never difficult though.
    Oh, are we already at the part where people pretend that CoP didn't kill XI?

Worst. Expansion. Ever.

I thought I got rid of you

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

He must be like a primal.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

im re-reading the PDF im seeing the words "Player Search markets, Item search"

did i miss auction house? or... we just gonna keep the "wards" thing going..

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The wards are getting some kind of a overhaul to make them more AH'ey or something.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The wards have been an AH for a while now.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satu Rhean
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

They said something about overhauling the market search to be like AH. They want you to be able to refine searches based on +1, materia melded, etc.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I hope they implement the dungeon finder in the same manner they did with WoW's. The dungeon finder content is easy as balls, and anyone with 2 out of 10 working fingers can complete it. The actual content (non-dungeon finder) will be leaps and bounds harder and will require you to actually complete it with competent people, but it drops better gear.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Oh, are we already at the part where people pretend that CoP didn't kill XI?

Worst. Expansion. Ever.
    Are you from a parallel universe?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Reve View Post
    They said something about overhauling the market search to be like AH. They want you to be able to refine searches based on +1, materia melded, etc.
    Hopefully they make a smart play here and the filtering done by quality is like a checkbox. Aion had an excellent AH (probably other games did too) where you could type part of the name in the box (we have this now already), and you could filter by common, uncommon (greens), rare (blues), etc.. personally I think that +1s should just move up in color to simplify the system at this point. Make a Darksteel Haubergeon +1? -> green named item just called Darksteel Haubergeon (and give it a little symbol to mark is as HQ *wink*). No need to have multiple entries for the SAME ITEM just because it is +1 (they kind of collapsed this already too but they should try to keep it that way). Let people use their brain for a change.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Are you from a parallel universe?
    The cool thing about my post is that there's a link in it that you can click and be Magically Transported Back In Time to see what people were saying back then.

It's a lot more useful than listening to ridiculous hindsight "we walked uphill both ways and LIKED it" nonsense.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    The cool thing about my post is that there's a link in it that you can click and be Magically Transported Back In Time to see what people were saying back then.

It's a lot more useful than listening to ridiculous hindsight "we walked uphill both ways and LIKED it" nonsense.
    Seems to magically transport us back to a post of you agreeing with yourself

CoP can't have killed FFXI when it's golden age happened with the next expansion pack. CoP just didn't particularly help FFXI. WotG injured FFXI the most because it was too slow on updates and interesting content.

A lot of people quit because of CoP, it was just delayed a bit because it came around the time of PS2 release and by the time they were getting caught up and needed CoP, it was fairly disenfranchising to realize no one was going to help them and that the content was awful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast