1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 43 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 2 hours, 16 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 7 hours, 43 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I was just thinking, there is no mention of Coerthas and Mor Dhona in the beta schedule. Do you think we'll have to wait until launch to play in these areas? They were in V1 beta but that counts for nothing here. It would be a nice way for SE to keep the better content for launch.
    Unless jobs aren't in beta (doubful) or they restructured job quests, those zones should appear in the beta.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was just thinking, there is no mention of Coerthas and Mor Dhona in the beta schedule. Do you think we'll have to wait until launch to play in these areas? They were in V1 beta but that counts for nothing here. It would be a nice way for SE to keep the better content for launch.
    Do you want them to make a detailed list of every zone that will be playable? ._.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Re: FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Schedule (12/26/2012)

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The best part of XI was logging in for weeks on end and putting up an LFG flag and a sweet/clever search comment and still being level 37 at the end of it.
    When I leveled blm I did it with my ls when I could. bst pets got so old ugh

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

As far as I can tell there won't be 35+ content in beta (even if they set the cap at 50). Most likely jobs will simply be unlocked alongside their abilities/spells if they wanna test something so there's no need for those areas yet.

Quote Originally Posted by millionsknives View Post
    Ahhh, memories of levelling DRK back in '06. But as long as no jobs are major loljobs, having level sync means this shouldn't be a problem.

(But seriously, why did you play FFXI? I've never heard you say anything good about it. I look back and laugh, you look back and cry into your pillow D: )
    '06? Also what is crying

The best part of XI was logging in for weeks on end and putting up an LFG flag and a sweet/clever search comment and still being level 37 at the end of it.
    Thankfully, because of this it was easy to get real work done for school or whatever. I used to seek and just do shit I needed to do and often times I would get an invite when I didn't really care or even want to play.

Great game!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Do you want them to make a detailed list of every zone that will be playable? ._.
    There's only 5 regions, they've already named 3. I'm sure they could fit 2 more in if they are playable. That point about 35+ content also points to those areas not being there.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Yeah that shit was hot. Great gear, throw up a flag with a certain class, leave the game open for 13 hours, get no invite save for a random JP invite at 4:30 in the morning. Best memories ever. People remember what they wanna remember, and "forget" everything else. For every happy broken arrowburn moment, there's a hundred shitty LFG nightmare moments.

Thinking back like that, I'm kinda glad 1.0 flopped. It was nice for SE to taste some epic failure.

@Knives: It took you 2 years to hit 75. At $15 bucks a pop, it took you $360 until you finally reached level cap of XI. SE absolutely loves people like you, who are perfectly happy to spend $360 on getting a single job (of many, MANY jobs) to level cap. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy parts of the ride along the way, but christ, there's no way I could ever feel satisfied in today's market about the prospect of either spending 2 years to take one out of many, many jobs to 75, or spending $360 to do so.

But again, every MMO company needs players like you; players that will pay and pay and pay and have no problems and still absolutely love the product. Its just a shame that SE couldn't recapture that "FF Feeling" with 1.0.: they'd have made so much money.

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Yeah that shit was hot. Great gear, throw up a flag with a certain class, leave the game open for 13 hours, get no invite save for a random JP invite at 4:30 in the morning. Best memories ever. People remember what they wanna remember, and "forget" everything else. For every happy broken arrowburn moment, there's a hundred shitty LFG nightmare moments.

Thinking back like that, I'm kinda glad 1.0 flopped. It was nice for SE to taste some epic failure.

@Knives: It took you 2 years to hit 75. At $15 bucks a pop, it took you $360 until you finally reached level cap of XI. SE absolutely loves people like you, who are perfectly happy to spend $360 on getting a single job (of many, MANY jobs) to level cap. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy parts of the ride along the way, but christ, there's no way I could ever feel satisfied in today's market about the prospect of either spending 2 years to take one out of many, many jobs to 75, or spending $360 to do so.

But again, every MMO company needs players like you; players that will pay and pay and pay and have no problems and still absolutely love the product. Its just a shame that SE couldn't recapture that "FF Feeling" with 1.0.: they'd have made so much money.

Don't you love that shit? Playing a thf or drk back in the day, no invite for hrs, nobody responding to tells when trying to build a party. You leave chatmon on while going to bed and at 5am you hear "INCOMMING TELL!" its a jp invite, you use translator or reply with "ok" then they say "sorry, JP only". You end up going on another 8-10hr drought before you get another tell for a party only to have your rdm melee with en-spells, whm always out of mp because of no refresh, etc and the worst of all? a Nin that cannot count to three and rotate his ichi and Ni properly.

Even after all of that, you would end up with melee that didn't know how thf's worked, melee wouldn't first voke so you could plant hate on your tank(pre melee burn era), they would just be dumb which leaves the thf trolling that drk or shadowless melee

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Don't forget all those great times leveling in tube shaped zones back when the monsters would chase people all the way to the entrance, then slowly walk back to their spawn point raping everyone on the way back. If that one party way deep in the zone had to run a train out every party in the line of that train would have to stop and zone as well so the fuckers could go back. Good times

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

You guys waited for a party?... why didnt you make your own?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's only 5 regions, they've already named 3. I'm sure they could fit 2 more in if they are playable. That point about 35+ content also points to those areas not being there.
    I'd imagine the regions will be the same as 1.0, releasing with 5. The continent as a whole has something like 10 or 11 regions although most of those were never implemented.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    Because pugs wouldn't group with said "not ranger" classes? Because even your friends didn't want to party with "not ranger" classes? You're telling me you leveled Drk/Thf/Drg pre-07 and made every party, every time you wanted to play, and encountered no problems?

Please. Spare me a response.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah this. Also it was pretty often you could start your group with 1-4 people you already know because you've xped with them before, now them IRL, LS mates etc. Hell, I could even steal people I know from other parties because who is not down for some long time, quality group ? Many people that are crafting or doing whatever at the time will give it a go if you're talking good group/xp.

If you were leveling THF or DRK, then just give your NIN or BRD friend the lead so he's the one that sends out the /tells.

Also put some efforts into the /tells you send, as superficial as it may sound, it did make a big difference. Rarely had problem getting a group going, it was just a matter of putting a little effort into it and knowing a few decent people..

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Glad that everyone was either doing nothing or willing to drop whatever to help you level whenever you wanted.
    Not all of us were that lucky.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    False Suspect
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

^ and once that person you stole left the party the original group went to shit in a hurry and were back in town lfg for hours. Wonderful.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Of course there is gonna be problem. Of course your gonna get people who are gonna reject your offer. Its part of making a party. I cant remember how many times i've been said no to back when i was playing (Pre US release to up to COP, then came back for a bit for Tresures before i quit again) from both US players and JP. Its just part of making a party. Course in my later years of playing ffxi i didnt make as many parties i did back then because i just didnt want to do it anymore and wasnt very inclined to level much anymore. Its hard work, It sucks, but if you want to level, sometimes you have to get it done and not wait for others to call on you. But when i did make thoes parties i had alot of fun. As painful as it was it was fun leading a group for some exp, get people levels as well myself as well, getting to know people. It just felt fun. I dont know what else to add to this. It just annoys me that people wait for other people to start something when they could of started something.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Its hard work, It sucks
    It is a video game, unacceptable.

Its one thing to have challenging content but when it is a challenge to experience that content... the game needs to be changed. Period.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    It is a video game, unacceptable.

Its one thing to have challenging content but when it is a challenge to experience that content... the game needs to be changed. Period.
    No shit, but we still played ffxi

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

No shit, but we still played ffxi
    How many years ago was that?
    The fact is, things have improved... that sort of LFG time and those crap tools for party organization were acceptable then but many better options have been introduced in the decade since FFXI's JP release.

Leveling in XI sucked, we want it to be better. Why is there even a discussion on this now?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast