46 15.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Worst FF Main Character ever

I've been thinking, we got some threads, about which game is the best which summon is OMG and blah blah.

But we never talked about who the worse Main Character is. And by Main Character i'm talking bout the one that SE 'assigned' as a Main char. So we will forget FF1 and III and even though i'm making this thread I have an Idea who will win the vote, but yeah bored!

P.S Write your opinion about why you think that this character is the worse Main One

Edit : You can vote for 2, if you have an equal #1

Also just counting Main Games, so not counting -2 and tactics (anyway 99% loved tactics so doubting Ramza would get votes)

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Cloud for giving birth to countless idiot fan boys for over a decade now.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

For me, I have to Vote for Cecil (with Vaan Close 2nd)

Why not Vaan? I can't force myself to finish XII , so the opinion won't be valid

So i voted for Cecil even though I loved FFIV, simply because imo Cecil, is the Weakest of all the heroes. Exept Attacking and some Healing spells he got nothing for him (I know he's a paladin and all) but still if we don't count the DS version for the 'fusion' abilities he really got nothing compared to most of the others

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Tidus. Annoying, boring, and even worse fashion sense than is normal for FF characters. Rubber overalls with zip-off legs, no shirt, and a tiny jacket made of random crap? Worst ever. At least both of his shoes are the same color, I guess.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    For me, I have to Vote for Cecil (with Vaan Close 2nd)

Why not Vaan? I can't force myself to finish XII , so the opinion won't be valid
    Well, if you do happen to ever finish XII it will become clear to you that Vaan is not the main character, Ashe and Balthier are, respectively. Most people assume Vaan is because you control him from almost the start of the game, but really he is just along for the ride and the story is all about Ashe and Balthier. But yes, he does suck. "I'M CAPTAIN BASCH!"

For me, I was never a fan of Squall. Whiny, emo brats annoy me to no end.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah, Vaan was specifically put into FFXII to give the audience someone to relate to. Probably an example of them underestimating us again, but while there were characters in FFXII I hated, Vaan was not one of them. He was just along for the ride.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I like that someone put one vote everywhere except Lightning. Master-class trolling right there.

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Tidus. Dear god, Tidus.
    Shitty design, annoying high-pitched voice that makes my ears bleed, insultingly low IQ (couldn't realize what Yuna's fate was going to be even when it was painfully obvious from the start), blatantly obvious Oedipus complex rubbed in the player's face, uninteresting battle style compared to the other main characters from FFVI onwards and completely overshadowed by Yuna, Lulu, Rikku and Auron for the entirety of the game.

It almost feels like Tidus was deliberately designed to be as unlikeable as possible.

I can't bring myself to vote for Vaan because his only big flaws were his abysmal design and lack of screentime, both of which have been fixed in the other games he appeared in (notably FFTA2 and Dissidia2).

I was tempted to vote for Cloud for the same reason Brill said, but I think his character was actually decent in FFVII. It's in AC and KH 1/2 that he was ruined beyond redemption.

This is the worse thread I've seen in a while.

#1 - Squall #2 - Tidus

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Vaan. Didn't contribute anything to the actual story. Should've been Ashe or Basch.

Also, fuck the haters. Tidus was a realistic main character. Most of you would be crying dealing with far less shit than him.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deecup Delight
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Well, if you do happen to ever finish XII it will become clear to you that Vaan is not the main character, Ashe and Balthier are, respectively. Most people assume Vaan is because you control him from almost the start of the game, but really he is just along for the ride and the story is all about Ashe and Balthier. But yes, he does suck. "I'M CAPTAIN BASCH!"
    The combination of the bolded parts is exactly why I hate Vaan the most of all FF's.

This is another reason:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Yeah, Vaan was specifically put into FFXII to give the audience someone to relate to. Probably an example of them underestimating us again, ...
    Fuck characters who were put in the game "along for the ride" in an attempt to reach an audience of whom you think wants this kind of shit SE. One of the shittiest marketing attempts ever.

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Vaan. Didn't contribute anything to the actual story. Should've been Ashe or Basch.
    Not true. He does, in a very subtle way. A bit too subtle, to the point many players (understandably) completely miss it.
    Without going into detail, he's the main reason Ashe goes from a self-absorbed bitch obsessed with revenge to a respectable leader who realizes her living subjects deserve more attention than avenging the dead ones.
    But that's exactly the problem with him: Ashe is the lead, he's a supporting character. Is that problem big enough to be considered the worst FF main character? Not for me.
    The problem is the bad writing more than Vaan himself.

His contributions to the story become a lot more obvious when you replay the game (especially the scene in Raithwall's tomb where he has a vision like Ashe, implying that he was supposed to be the Occuria's backup plan).

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Also, fuck the haters. Tidus was a realistic main character. Most of you would be crying dealing with far less shit than him.
    Being a crybaby was the last of the problems with his character. And what part about him was realistic? Perhaps the part at the start of the game where one moment he can't even hold a sword without falling on the ground and the next he's a skilled swordsman?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Worse FF Main Character ever

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    #1 - Squall #2 - Tidus
    I think Squall is one of the few FF protagonists who had drastic character development so I disagree. Dude is stigmatized to be emo when the dude was far from emo. Just a loner who didn't much care for contact with other people kinda like a lot of people who post on BG. Rinoa most definitely turned him into a faggot though.

Objectively speaking I think Vaan is the worst simply because he contributed absolutely nothing to the story he was presented in. Tidus was annoying but he was still significant in Yuna's journey and thus it's outcome. Plus he was beast in Blitzball so I can't hate him too much.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

hated squall, then vaan came along. yaya vaan isn't the real main character w/e, still annoying.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

If Vaan was recognized as a minor character, I don't think he would garner so much hate. He's a sidekick that got thrust into the limelight. And as good hearted try-hard anime/game heroes go, he's actually pretty low key.

Tidus was like a more annoying version of Vaan, so I don't get it, imo.

jar jar binx

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Lightning, Vaan, Teedus, Squall, Cloud.

All cancer to the franchise.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Still kind of surprised Lightning isn't leading this by a mile considering she literally doesn't have a personality and tries to be as unlikable as possible at every turn. She's Cloud without the act and with a vagina.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast