Closed Thread
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

2012-13 NFL Wild Card Weekend: Win It for Ray

In case you missed it from the last thread, Ray Lewis is calling it a career. Good-night, sweet prince. May you terrorize whichever television crew decides to throw mountains of cash at you.

Ken Whisenhunt (ARI), Norval Turner (SD), Chan Gailey (BUF), Lovie Smith (CHI), Romeo Crennel (KC), Pat Shurmur (CLE), and Andy Reid (PHI) lost their jobs on Monday, and all for good reasons. For the fans of these teams, we are all giddy with excitement at a new beginning, that is until they hire Chip Kelly. For everyone else, please enjoy the carnage their combined failures have wrought, and the likely return to non-relevance next season.

One more thing I'd like to add,
    Spoiler: show

And now, on with the teams that didn't suck this year.

Last week
    M/L: 12-4
    ATS: 9-7

Overall
    M/L: 164-91-1
    ATS: 126-122-8

SATURDAY, JANUARY 5TH

4:30pm EST, NBC

Cincinnati at Houston (-4.5) - I really like what Cincy has done all season. After living in the shadows of Pittsburgh and Baltimore for much of the recent past, they've gone to the playoffs in three of the last four seasons. Now it's time to get out of the wild card round, and I think this year's team is their best shot at doing so. Their win two weeks ago in Pittsburgh was basically a de facto playoff game, and their defense really stepped up with a strong performance. The only thing that worries me is Red Rifle hasn't been that sharp as of late, throwing two picks in that game and sitting out the 2nd half of their win against Baltimore last week. Factor in his playoff performance in Houston last year, and you have to wonder how Dalton will perform at this year's rodeo. As for Houston, after losing three of their last four, the entire universe is talking about how vulnerable they are right now. Well, I've been saying they're not that great since September, usually resulting in egg on my face. They've been great at home, especially against AFC foes, and they won this very matchup last season by 21 points with fucking T.J. Yates under center. They've lost some pieces on defense since that game, but J.J. Watt has made up the difference and then some. I said before that I don't really trust Dalton, but I don't trust Schaub either. For all the scrutiny quarterbacks of winnings teams get, Schaub is definitely the most vanilla and under the radar. If your team was down six with two minutes to go and the ball at the 20, would you want him controlling your destiny? I sure wouldn't. I'll take GENO over SWATT, GREEN over Vanilla, and the Bengals in the upset.

8:00pm EST, NBC

Minnesota at Green Bay (-7.5) - That line is such a tease. After seeing Adrian "Rhinox-now-says-AD" Peterson and his offensive line manhandle the entire Packers defense en route to a playoff-securing victory, it would be easy to take Minny at seven and a hook. But beware, faithful bettors. I'm sure archi has a boatload of #fancystats to show you about Aaron Rodgers, but a quick trip to his postseason game log reveals this: 105.5 passer rating, 15 TDs, 4 INTs, 297 yards per game, 8.1 yards per attempt, and 3 rushing TDs. AD might get the individual hardware, but I wouldn't bet against ARodg picking up a second ring. His weapons were somewhat depleted all season long, but Jennings had a great game last week (despite the endzone dropsies). They go four deep at receiver with him, Nelson, James Jones, and Cobb, and every target they get is one that Jermichael Finley doesn't get, which is a good thing. Cobb and Charles Woodson should be back near full strength, and that could be the difference here. Minny will need to play another perfect game to win in Lambeau, which means feeding AD and pressuring Rodgers with Jared Allen and Everson Griffen. The man least likely to repeat last week's performance is new husband and future Proactiv spokesman Christian Ponder, who only took one sack and played turnover-free football while tossing three touchdowns, including some very accurate deep balls. Out of the four games this weekend, I'm looking forward to this one the most. I would love to see AD continue running deep into the playoffs, but I have to go with my gut. Packers win and cover.

SUNDAY, JANUARY 6TH

1:00pm EST, CBS

Indianapolis at Baltimore (-6.5) - So... Sunday's games bring us three rookie quarterbacks, and ELITE JOEY FLAX. You've gotta be fucking kidding me. Before everyone was jumping off the Houston bandwagon, Baltimore was the team in trouble. One embarrassing loss to the Charlie Batch-led Steelers notwithstanding, their games haven't been that bad. The Redskins game was one for the ages, and they just got beat by a superior Denver team the following week. Instead of panicking, they did the smart thing by only playing most of their starters for a few series against Cincy. I hate when teams go balls-out in week 17 to gain momentum or keeping the foot on the gas or whatever dumb phrase coaches use. You rest your guys and keep them healthy, just look at Mike Smith, and also remember that one time Wes Welker died. What I'm trying to say is, John Harbaugh is doing it right. It's tough for me to admit, since I hate the Ravens with every fiber of my being, but it's the God's honest truth. Speaking of coaches, the Pagano/Arians story has been the feel-good hit of the fall, and the team rode that emotion to the most improbable 11-win season I can think of. Teams with a better net point total than Indy: Miami, San Diego, Carolina, Tampa Bay. That's not exactly a list of NFL elite. Unsustainable success usually runs out come playoff time, and factor in a rookie quarterback playing his first playoff game on the road, and this could get ugly. One sidebar about Indy's defense -- Vontae Davis was named the AFC defensive player of the week, and all I could think about was him being traded on Hard Knocks and wanting to call his grandmother. I bet she's super proud of him now! Anyway, the Ravens defense will have a bit of extra motivation as they murder someone and escape prosecution ramp up the defensive intensity to honor Ray Lewis. Baltimore hasn't stopped the run all season, but wacky things happen in the playoffs, and I think they turn Indy into a one-dimensional offense. If Rice can get 20+ touches, this should be an easy victory. Ravens win and cover.

4:30pm EST, FOX

Seattle at Washington (+3) - And now, the game BG is probably most excited for... RussWill against Bobby Triple (plus 40 or so other guys on their respective teams). I can understand how Washington is the lone home dog this week. The year opened with rookies, injuries, and uncertainty everywhere. Mike Shanahan was coaching for his job, and it took a seven-game win streak after their bye to get them in the playoffs. (By the way, I totally called the NFC East coming down to Dallas at Washington with Romo collapsing... not a difficult prediction, I know, but still fapworthy.) I've said it before in recent threads, but I cannot believe the turnaround by Washington's defense: 27.5 points per game allowed before the bye, and 20.0 points per game after. Might not seem like much, but with an offense as potent as King Robert the Third and his Butler, that's all you need. For as good of a job as Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson have done this season, you have to ask yourself... uh... why Matt Flynn? Playing keep-away from Arizona? Whatever, winning is what counts, not bonehead roster moves. Seattle' reputation as a lousy road team has merit, but they did look good in a tough win at Soldier Field, and of course they obliterated the Bills in another country. I think we all remember Marshawn Lynch's "sting dey ass / TASTE THE RAINBOW" moment against New Orleans two years ago, so there's some history of playoff success. Plus, this year's version of the Seahawks has a more stout defense, and of course everyone's favorite N.C. State Wisconsin quarterback Russell Wilson. His weapons are also better than people realize, as Sidney Rice has had a nice little bounce-back campaign, and Golden Tate can turn an offensive pass interference / interception into a touchdown with the best of them. I think Washington has already played their best football, and just making the postseason with two breakout rookies on offense may have sated a young team lacking playoff experience. I hate to do this to my DC bros, but then I think of Dan Snyder winning a playoff game, and fuck that noise. Seahawks win and cover.

Edit: FUTURE PICKS!

Seattle over Atlanta
    Green Bay over San Francisco
    Denver over Cincinnati
    New England over Baltimore

Green Bay over Seattle
    Denver over New England

Denver over Green Bay

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Re: 2012-13 NFL Wild Card Weekend: Win It for Ray

Bears asked and were granted permission to interview the real reason why A-Rod is a decent quarterback Tom Clements.

If not Chucky I hope we get him

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Listening to Ray Lewis talk is like listening to Shannon Sharpe talk. No Me Gusta.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

fucking bregor...how can me and tyven and everyone else start all our own threads this week?!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ashley Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Stormreaver

Bears asked and were granted permission to interview the real reason why A-Rod is a decent quarterback Tom Clements.

If not Chucky I hope we get him
    Not trolling, but why would you want this? QB play is hardly the issue for Chicago. I'm not sure what Gruden brings to the table after being away from the game for so long. Normally, I would say bring in someone that has been known to develop decent/good OL/DLs, but you already had Mike Tice. (Has he been ran out of town yet?) I don't think Chicago needs a flashy hire in any case.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

also, bengals, vikings, colts, redskins

then,
    Broncos over Bengals, Pats over Colts (i hated typing both of those)
    Vikings over Falcons, 49ers over Redskins
    ----
    Pats over Broncos
    49ers over Vikings
    ----
    49ers over Pats

i feel so dirty typing all that, cuz we all know its gonna be Bengals v. Vikings!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

MODS=FAGS

Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by AshTS View Post
    Not trolling, but why would you want this? QB play is hardly the issue for Chicago. I'm not sure what Gruden brings to the table after being away from the game for so long. Normally, I would say bring in someone that has been known to develop decent/good OL/DLs, but you already had Mike Tice. (Has he been ran out of town yet?) I don't think Chicago needs a flashy hire in any case.
    If Sensei becomes the BEARS HC........

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    fucking bregor...how can me and tyven and everyone else start all our own threads this week?!
    lol, my nig.

I'm neutral to the bungles and ravens.
    If I had any money I'd go with JJW and RG3 /bandwagon.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    MODS=FAGS
    this

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

We superb owl now. Good timing by sugar ray. Da best will be when bungles beat peyton and the AFCCG is in Baltimore.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    MODS=FAGS
    Spam is that way

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

something is wrong with my tv listings, what time do the eagles play this week?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Spaghetti View Post
    something is wrong with my tv listings, what time do the eagles play this week?
    lol

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

fuck, lol

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can see why Gruden is a hot name in the coaching carousel with analysis like this, my favorite Monday night moment:

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

So can someone explain the logic of the 49ers signing a kicker who isn't that great from a long distance either, that has recently choked in a high profile playoff game. Is there really no market for kickers right now.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Bengals, Packers, Colts, Seahawks.

Seahawks beat Falcons, 49ers beat Packers.
    Broncos beat Bengals, Patriots beat Colts.
    Seahawks beat 49ers, Broncos beat Patriots.
    Broncos win subparbowl.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

So bitter on gruden bregs.

He's no butch davis though you're right

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness View Post
    So can someone explain the logic of the 49ers signing a kicker who isn't that great from a long distance either, that has recently choked in a high profile playoff game. Is there really no market for kickers right now.
    Just look at Billy's poor sad Ginger twelve year old face he is a puppy who needs a home

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 78 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast