Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Boss abilities for the 2 new world bosses are posted. Oondasta sounds like a cunt lol.
    Well hes Galleon v2.0

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Boss abilities for the 2 new world bosses are posted. Oondasta sounds like a cunt lol.
    Oondasta figuring to be the new Doomwalker, where you have to spread out like crazy in groups of 2 just so you don't take too much damage from his abilities. I don't think 40 man raids will work unless you're bringing 5 tanks lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

With the faction tag system it's going to be a huge clusterfuck for a while. you can't exactly strategize when every mouthbreather online can join in.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

world bosses are all about the griefing, so Blizzard may like that.

Hopefully he spawns somewhat more then Galleon, I havn't seen that fucker in over a month and a half now.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Patch 5.2 Transmogrification Restrictions
    Yup, we're hoping to allow you to transmogrify items that share animations, like polearms and staves, so main hand/one hand won't be an issue any more once this goes live. Still aiming for 5.2 as far as I know.
    SHIT SHIT SHIT i need to go buy 3 of more of them wizard fire sabre world epics off AH ASAP

On the other hand, I'm glad I've kept:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=78878/sp...-thousand-cuts on my DK

http://www.wowhead.com/item=71006 brought this for 100g randomly off this guy who was doing a clearout, but now I need 3 !!!!

EDIT: Double fuck I need to go find the list of light sabre like items !!!! shit! lol
    Finally I can wield light sabres!

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

So glad my sub runs out in a day. Content in this expansion has been severely underwhelming. This patch just proves that point even more.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

It's exactly the same as the Sunwell patch, only with a much, much larger raid tier and no one complained that there was nothing to do then. In fact most people seem to have (blindly) loved it since BC was OMGAMAZING or something. We're barely 4 months into the expansion and already have more content than was available in Cataclysm in twice the time. They're on pace with the time from Wrath to Ulduar release, which you could argue was too long because Naxx was a rehash. 5.1 may not have been a jaw dropping patch or anything, but it was rather decently sized itself. There's plenty of content this expansion, choosing to ignore it doesn't make it void.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Not to back up blizzard but I do admit at the moment there's too much for me to do, especially the "feel" to do it on alts as well, has paralyzed me and I basically played less and less (the dailies were a large contributing factor). If Pikarya hates dailies as much as I do, then yeh the content is underwhelming in that aspect if we disregard the 3 raids, 5 LFRs, and the dungeons.

If I recall correctly, Cata came out in December 2010, with a troll dungeon dumped on top sometime later, and then in basically July (late June?) Firelands got thrown at us, followed by Dragonsoul 4 months later for a good 10 months.

Track record wise, this seems rather decent and nice flowing on MoP, although my time allocation to gaming hasn't changed, the effort wow requires off you has.

Ridill
    BG Level

Dalies are not content and should absolutely never be considered such.

Patch 5.2

I do hope they drop the cost of the revamp 80-85 heirlooms, especially if you trade in existing models. It would be dumb if you have to buy the 80 version and then rebuy the 85; they should offer the 85 directly for 2k or offer the upgrade version for half or quarter cost.

IMO they should drop heirloom cost because grinding JP is pretty tough these days, because you only get 40 per boss;. In cata didn't you get like 90jp? But I guess it's not relevant for me because most of my characters are already 85+. The only ones I would be upgrading are the plate set and axe I think.

Other than that I really have to say that the content in this expansion has seemed pretty decent. Assuming we get 5.2 in March, we are still looking at 6mo between raids, which seems about right. It looks like a full raid tier too, none of this TOTC 5 boss bullshit that has plagued minor patches since Ulduar.

Makes me glad about their decision to go with scenarios, they can pump those out much quicker than full heroic dungeons, then sink more time into the other content.

Also I think they've learned a bit about not making the dailies factions as grindy as the initial set that shipped in 5.0; faction grinding in 5.1 is a lot more sane, both the new faction which is only about 2 weeks, and the older factions which are not nearly as painful as before with doubled rep (you can do GL revered in like 6 days or something). Hoping they continue like that.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    IMO they should drop heirloom cost because grinding JP is pretty tough these days, because you only get 40 per boss;.

should look into which is faster, waiting on raids/raid finder or spamming scenarios.

Patch 5.2

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    should look into which is faster, waiting on raids/raid finder or spamming scenarios.
    I think you only get 30 jp per scen at the moment, which if you're doing pick ups you are getting about 90-120 per hour. With a good group you can crank out scenarios in under 10min but my recent experience of doing pick up groups daily for valor, 15-20 minutes is a better approximation. The math might change after the vp to JP failover is added, but even then thats 50 per scen instead of 30 after reaching the vp cap.

In lfr I think you only get points for killing the last boss, no intermediate. A given lfr probably takes 45min? But you don't get any JP directly, so you need to cap valor first and by then you probably have run most of the raids so you'll be getting 45 points each.

Another way to get JP is spamming battlegrounds and then converting from honor to JP, especially if the holiday bg is something you can spam quickly. I think the conversion is 3:2.

Naturally, with a static group things change. Grinding heroics at like 15-20 min apiece should be best if you've got a few friends willing to chain queue.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

for me, I've been doing the bg thing just because I love doing bgs and I'm pretty much capped out on what I can spend hp on.

Honor > JP is how I do it, I have upgraded the 3-4 pieces of honor crap I have and when I cap out on honor I have jackshit to spend it on (I even bought a warsong tabard for the hell of it) so I convert to JP. I wish I could give my honor to my alts though, I hate grinding bgs on shitty geared alts and dying in 2 shots to everyone when I could farm honor on my geared monk.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

aaaahahah that new store mount is fucking ugly as sin.

THIS IS NOT LIVEJOURNAL DOT COM
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Detheroc

Yeah I don't get the appeal at all. Not worth the money they're asking for.

I would much rather be happy with cheap server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kytele View Post
    Yeah I don't get the appeal at all. Not worth the money they're asking for.

I would much rather be happy with cheap server transfers.

Honestly I dont understand why server transfers havnt come down in price. $25 is still pretty steep. I mean I know its so people dont server hop a lot and leave servers desolate, but I would rather they be cheap and have a 3 month cooldown or something then cost that much.

Honestly I dont understand why server transfers havnt come down in price.
    I guess that's because they are the same guys who ask $20 for cosmetic changes on a single character.