+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Doesn't really make sense from a progression standpoint to remove the npc. Just unflag anything from t15/s13/etc from being upgraded, but leave the NPC in so that people can continue to upgrade their old stuff if they want. Otherwise it's going to add a weird wrinkle to the progression where people who were lucky enough to get a drop before a certain date have a more powerful version than people who got it after.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Maybe it's easier for them to just remove the NPC. They probably scripted it retarded so that all future gear is upgrade-able as well and it's just easier to remove the NPC so you can't do it.

Sounds likely

Ridill
    BG Level

I honestly would rather they just say fuck it and remove it permanently lol.

While on the one hand it is nice to actually have something to spend valor on, fuck actually capping valor. It's so far beyond retarded that 16/16 heroic guilds still have to run dungeons or scenarios to cap valor.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

They need to give something worth while to do with valor for that to happen. I have no idea what the fuck to do with my valor if I ever ran out of worth while upgrades.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    I honestly would rather they just say fuck it and remove it permanently lol.

While on the one hand it is nice to actually have something to spend valor on, fuck actually capping valor. It's so far beyond retarded that 16/16 heroic guilds still have to run dungeons or scenarios to cap valor.
    It's true, though when I que dungeon, it's funny to see people's reaction when I did 150-200k dps every pull

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've had people fucking leave over that fact:

OMG YOU DO 150K DPS I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE EASY
    /leaves

The fuck is wrong with people nowadays. I get worked up seeing people do 15-25k dps in 463s but not the other way around.

Ridill
    BG Level

our mage and I did a random a week or 2 ago, me tanking in dps gear, got temple, got cleaning up without even trying with more time to spare than we had on our successful run back when we were actually aiming for it

don't think the people even knew what the hell it was lol

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The new zone coming in 5.2 is not unlike the Isle of Quel'Danas in a few ways, and one of them is that there's no flying.
    No flying on 5.2 island. Interesting.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

If by interesting you mean needlessly aggrivating, then yes, yes it is. I can't wait to dodge 30 ft tall elite dinosaurs every 5 feet.

e are changing the 4pc Frost / Unholy set bonus from Army of the Dead to Killing Machine and Sudden Doom proc more often. We don't have numbers yet and it's possible they won't work out. In addition to all the concerns mentioned, it was a really valid point that Army of the Dead is hard to use in Raid Finder, where most of our players experience raids. You rarely get countdowns before a pull and players in general are used to yelling at DKs who use Army because they had a bad experience at some point with the ghoul taunt.

Ridill
    BG Level

ehhhh, ok sure, it'll at least make 2 hand a bit less mindless

at least it's not rng on our rng on our rng so we can rng while we pray for rng off our rng

Gear Changes
    To accomplish the goals of making PvP more accessible and less punishing, gearing more consistent and flexible, and flattening the power curve out over the course of a season, there are some significant changes in the works:
    2200 rating requirements removed from all PvP gear. (5.2)
    Gear will be available in four tiers:
    Dreadful Gladiator’s gear will be crafted. (5.2)
    Malevolent Gladiator’s gear, including weapons, will be purchased with Honor Points. (5.2)
    New tier of PvP items: Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear will be purchased with Conquest Points. (5.2)
    Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can be purchased for Honor after 27000 Conquest Points are earned for the season. (5.3)
    Elite Tyrannical Gladiator’s gear can only be purchased with Conquest Points after 27,000 Conquest Points have been earned for the season. (5.2)
    Holy shit this is great, they actually did something good with pvp. The elitists will complain they cant outgear others, but it's much better for the entire pvp game as a whole.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    The elitists will complain they cant outgear others
    nope, it's always been and always will be the scrubs

elite pvpers would be perfectly happy if everyone had to go naked and shit was balanced accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    nope, it's always been and always will be the scrubs

elite pvpers would be perfectly happy if everyone had to go naked and shit was balanced accordingly
    Didnt mean elitists as the ones who were actually elite, meant more the ones who feel they are elite while wintrading rbgs to 2200. Anyone who enjoys pvp for pvp will welcome all these changes.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Patch 5.2

Patch 5.2 adds another way to earn Elder Charms, through daily quests! It seems that the Sunreaver Supply Crate and Kirin Tor Supply Crate have a chance to drop an Elder Charm of Good Fortune. The cap on these has been increased to 20, up from 10.
    You have to be shitting me... Why the fuck do they want to make us to this shit every god damn day. "Charms are optional" my ass.

We think monks need pretty drastic buffs to get them into PvP. Player not used to seeing them. If RoP's too powerful we can adjust.
    85% confirmation monks are FoTM in 5.2

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

I just got my monk to 65 (mostly healing dungeons so far) and it seems like the healing spec is OP and a joke. I've had a fuckton of fun too with both the healing and dps specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Meko View Post
    I just got my monk to 65 (mostly healing dungeons so far) and it seems like the healing spec is OP and a joke. I've had a fuckton of fun too with both the healing and dps specs.
    Mistweavers have issues in 3s right now if they cant conserve mana due to their teammates getting smashed apart while they sit in CC and then have to overheal, they cant keep mp as well as mother other healers, but from what I have read in 5.2 that's all fixed with chiwave costing no chi at all, and mistweavers are going to be pretty badass too.

I hate healing however so going MW never interested me as i'm just a dps person in most MMOs and enjoy that role.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Patch 5.2

Coming to the PTR in the near future will be a new designation of item type in Normal and Heroic raids for non-tier pieces. Each 5.2 raid boss will have a chance of dropping this new designation of a particular item that’s 6 item levels higher than their counterparts. These higher quality versions will be called “Thunderforged”. This means that there will be five variations of some items. You’ll now see a 5.2 raid item of LFR quality at item level 502, the same item in Normal quality at item level 522, the item in Normal Thunderforged quality at item level 528, the Heroic version of the item at level 535, and the Heroic Thunderforged version of the item at level 541.

This new item designation is being added for a couple reasons, but first and foremost to make loot drops more interesting overall, especially after you have earlier bosses in Throne of Thunder on farm. As you’re working on progression, those first few bosses can now continue to provide a chance at upgrades, making repeated kills potentially more exciting and rewarding. Those additional upgrades can then help to slowly raise power, and boost you over whatever progression roadblock you may hit.

We’ve also received a lot of feedback regarding 25-player raids, and have been looking for ways to address some concerns. Ever since we changed 10-player raids to drop the same item level as 25s, we’ve seen a steady decline in 25-player raiding. This isn’t surprising. A 25-player raid takes an extra level of logistical commitment for the officers of those groups. It’s unfortunately easy for a 25-player guild to collapse down into a 10-player guild, but very unlikely for the opposite to happen. However, we like 25-player raiding and don’t want to see it go away. Like many players, we love the epic feeling that comes with banding together more massive groups to battle powerful foes, we love that there’s opportunity for those groups to try out new players or unusual comps without causing a huge burden, and we want to support the larger raiding guilds. That said, we’re also concerned that over-rewarding the 25-player guilds—if, for example, we went back to a higher item level across the board for 25s, as was the case for Icecrown Citadel—would feel like a slap in the face to the many 10-player raiders out there, who are the majority of our Normal and Heroic raiders.

To attempt to navigate this minefield, we’re going to try having Thunderforged items drop more frequently in 25-player raids. They’ll be somewhat rare in both cases compared to the standard versions that’ll drop, but they’ll be even rarer in 10s. Overall, a 25-player group will be more likely to end up with a slightly higher item level after several weeks of raiding.

It’s important to keep in mind that this only affects 10- and 25-player Normal and Heroic raids, and tier-15 armor pieces won’t be available in Thunderforged quality at all. We’re curious to hear your thoughts about these changes, and what you think once you begin seeing them on the PTR.
    Blizzard right now:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0qrvGwDP1r3z80e.jpg

We don't need more tiers of shit and fuck people who cried about how "25 mans were less rewarding". You already get much easier boss kills and more loot. Blizzard can't get shit right anymore.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Interns @ Blizz are doing a great job holding the reins while everyone is working on project-titan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast