Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The reason there's no Chrono sequel is because no one from the original team is left, and the scenario writer refuses to have anything to do with SE after his work on FFXI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I would love a proper new FFT. The only reason i can see to remake old games is to get younger people who wouldnt play them because of how they look to play them. If you dont play FF6 just because its from the SNES era you dont deserve it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Honestly, I liked what they did with FFTA / A2. If you can actually get past the 'oh they look kiddie' shtick, they're very fun games.

I'd like to see a new FFT in the vein of the previous, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if we got another handheld port.

Also:

I'd take a non-handheld Dissidia.
    And Type-0.

Seriously. Get your heads out of your asses, SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Honestly, I liked what they did with FFTA / A2. If you can actually get past the 'oh they look kiddie' shtick, they're very fun games.

I'd like to see a new FFT in the vein of the previous, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if we got another handheld port.
    Aside from the story for kids under 10 they were decent. Tho I'd rather any race be able to do any job. A FFT2 3ds game would also be acceptable but a full blown console game would just leave me in constant orgasm.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

FF9 with better textures
    Pets in 14:RR

Andd what ever you jerks want. im easy to please

FFVI remake.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    The reason there's no Chrono sequel is because no one from the original team is left, and the scenario writer refuses to have anything to do with SE after his work on FFXI.
    Didn't Kato come back to write the storyline for the ACP add-on?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

ALso, PSP remakes of FF3 (The Faimcom version, not the crap DS port), FF5, and FF6. I know I can get a portable version of FF6 (and maybe 5?) off the PSN, but I'd love to see those titles get the same treatment FF1/2/4 got on the PSP.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

What's wrong with the DS version of FF3? I just got through playing it and enjoyed it considerably.

BG Level

Mostly nostalgia, but the mog mail system and how they tried to go from nameless faces to actual characters (which caused a plot hole with the events that happened) annoyed me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Isn't there the whole issue of Schala still being lost in time creating paradoxes? Even with the true ending of Chrono Cross that was still the case iirc.
    I think its kinda-sorta done, as she's essentially merged with that fucker and all that was left of her consciousness was Kidd. With Kidd saved and somewhat aware of her former self, that's a wrap. All I wanted to see other than the true ending was for Magus to have some sort of closure, but with them going away from Magus = Gil, it seemed his story just kind of vanished.

The re-release of Chrono Trigger kind of addressed Magus somewhat with the new ending and dungeon boss, bridging the gap a bit more, but I still wanted to see a true finale with Magus. Dude's too boss to have it all end there. Even having some spin-off where Janus grew up normally would have been awesome, since his talent for Magic was so high.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Mostly nostalgia, but the mog mail system and how they tried to go from nameless faces to actual characters (which caused a plot hole with the events that happened) annoyed me.
    Ah, I never played the original so maybe that's why, but had no issue with the mog mail system. I enjoyed the optional boss guy too, was still a decent challenge as level 99 onion knights with full onion gear.

Edit: I should note I played the "ds version" on my iPhone, in that version you don't have to mail to friends or anything at all so maybe that's why I didn't hate the mail system haha.

BG Level

You lucky SoB. I was SoL on it since back then my router's security wasn't set to WEP so I couldn't have done it back then even if I wanted to.

The graphics in the original were pretty damn amazing to IMO.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

*pipe dream mode*

- FF3, FF5 and FF6 HD2D remaster/remakes on the PSP a la FF1, FF2 and FF4CC. (ff3 is pretty much never coming tho FF5 appears like it'll hit iOS first.)
    - FF7/8/9 remastered on Vita, preferably HD ready, new FMVs, touched up pre-rendered BGs, higher polygon count, updated visual style (for FF7 in line with CoFF7).
    - FF10 remastered on Vita in HD. Voices redone. selected FMVs redone, all made HD.
    - FF11 on Vita and HD capable as is.
    - FF12 remastered on Vita in HD. with IZJS features. better audio compression. do not touch the script or voice acting.
    - FFv13 to be renamed FF15 since Noctis has nothing to do with Lightning saga.
    - Dissidia console version. more characters from each game (maybe 5 each) with a good deal of them only being assist characters. some kind of multiplayer mode would be interesting too.

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    - FFv13 to be renamed FF15 since Noctis has nothing to do with Lightning saga.
    Dear god no.
    If anything Agni's Philosophy should become FFXV.
    FFV13 looks like complete trash and I hope it never comes out.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Esby View Post
    Dear god no.
    If anything Agni's Philosophy should become FFXV.
    Counterspell.

I like patterns and 3 numbered FFs per console generation lines up pretty well for me.
    V13 looks phenomenal compared to 13 and will continue to look better since it dropped Crystal Tools.
    It's not like we've seen anything concrete from Agni's Philosophy anyway. It can be FFXVI. Also, the earliest expected date that the PS4 drops is Xmas 2013. Agni's Philosophy won't be ready by then.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

SE isn't going to remake FFVII unless they're in dire straits financially, because they have to know that shit will literally print money if done right. I do want it though.

I've given up on a Chrono sequel. It would probably suck anyway.

What I do want that they can deliver: I want KH3. I also want a HD reskin/remake of FF12. I want all upcoming HD remakes to be the International/Remix versions and come with Japanese audio track/subtitles as a god damn option for once because fuck your English.

Oh, and I want FFXV to have a summoner class, if not be about summoners like FFX was (but with a more interesting summoner and more avatars please. Doormat with odd-eyes does not count as 'interesting').

Quote Originally Posted by Esby View Post
    Legendary.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

All those KH spinoffs(2~3?) ported to PS3 in one package.
    KH3

Seriously, it feels like KH is going to skip right over the PS3 and go from PS2 to PS4.

Also: Agni's Philosophy for the PS4. :3

Also also, maybe a Tetris Master + Triple Triad game for vita/ds/ps store?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    You lucky SoB. I was SoL on it since back then my router's security wasn't set to WEP so I couldn't have done it back then even if I wanted to.

The graphics in the original were pretty damn amazing to IMO.
    No one's router should be set to WEP, ever. And you can always just turn security off for 3-5min, do what you need to do, and switch it back.

I also agree 100% with your comments about NES FF3. FEOK's in the original were the fucking bomb. :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast